Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To eenick,

Bedrooms usually 9k is enough.
Living either 18 or 24k.
Ard $4k should be able to get it done.

Joevyis

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently looking for Mit Starmex sys 4 inverter for my new BTO (3 rooms same size, living room bigger one).
Any recommendations on who I should go to and rough price gauge?

9,000 BTU for bedroom
24,000 BTU for living room
Mitsubishi Starmex System 4 Inverter 4A28 compressor will be suitable.

Joevyis
9░▒░▒░▒░

Last edited by a moderator:

mrairc

Reaction score
why u need chemical cleaning and Top up gas ?

wmwmwm wrote:

Second that. By all means avoid this bloody tech v. Their package price is cheap, then second time came said need to top up gas to my newly installed Aircon. Although we suspected but didn't think too much. Third time said top up gas again and want to do chemical wash. Today they came and talk chemical wash again! I said my starmax only 1yr old already topup gas twice. Then they said no this time not topup gas, ish to use gas to wash outdoor unit. And quote us 380 for dunno what gas wash and chemical wash. If I continue engage them every year can buy a new set of Aircon already. :eek: Use tech v at your own risk.

Only air con not cool or got smell then need to chemical clean .( 3 year 1 time chemical clean ) Top up of gas also same every 3 year a time ( if u feel your air con is not cooling ).;)

Outside many contractor always recommend chemical clean and top up gas . so they can earn u more money :s22:

tspt88

Reaction score
Mitsubisht "cleaning free, pipe reuse"

Hi, greetings to all,

Great forum!! hoping that I could get some advice from our bros from here. TIA.

Currently, my 10 years old daikin system 4 (R22) is beyong repair as daikin quoted abt 2k in repairing. All my pipings (tested no leak) and wirings are concealed, now wana consider to change MIt R410.

1) I came to know Mit Elec MXY-4A28VA have this call "cleaning free, pipe reuse" technology, dont what it is? but sound like it could just reuse the old pipes without special flushing/treatment, would some guru advise me?

2) I am also considering Mit HI SCM80zj system4 that quoted cheaper by abt $200 as compared to above, but did not mention the "pipe reuse" technology.

3) the aircond servicing technician told me, just vacum the piping will do, which i feel very uncomfortable with the remarks.

When google for the information, some said pipes need flusing with nitogen, I confused liao. would appreciate very much if any one could share their views of changing R22 to R140 using back existing pipings experiences.

Last edited:

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello TSPT88,

1) Yes MIT Elec boasts a "Cleaning Free Pipe Reuse" technology whereby existing R-22 pipings can be reused with MIT Elec R410A Inverter system.

This is an excellent technology from MIT which reduces wastes and also promotes the use of the more environmental friendly R410A gas.

However there are several points that you might want to note.

- Even though the original pipings that you have is leak free (hopefully pressure tested to be sure), they are already 10 years of age. You will be installing a new unit that would last you for a minimum of 7 years which would mean that your existing pipings will have to last for 17 years minimum. That is a rather long time for pipings to hold even though it is still possible. However this would still be a risk that you would have to weigh.

- In my opinion, it is still encouraged to Flush with Nitrogen and Vacuum before installation as an added precaution as any residue left in the pipes might cause unwanted chemical reaction which could cause premature breakdown of your unit. Prior to that, it is important to ensure that the pump-down process is done in order to recover the refrigerant in the system.

- As R410A gas has a higher running pressure, the pipes used are generally thicker therefore it is important to ensure that your current existing piping flare/diameter/thickness matches MIT specs for your model MXY-4A28VA. Your installer should be able to help you with this part.

2) Both MIT Elec and MHI are good brands. Personally I would prefer the MIT ELEC over the MHI

My take is that there is no right or wrong for the re-use of existing pipings. Most importantly is to ensure that the piping specifications meet your newly selected system requirements and also do a proper/thorough flushing of your exisitng pipings.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi, greetings to all,

Great forum!! hoping that I could get some advice from our bros from here. TIA.

Currently, my 10 old daikin system 4 (R22) is beyong repair as daikin quoted abt 2k in repairing. All my pipings (tested no leak) and wirings are concealed, now wana consider to change MIt R410.

1) I came to know Mit Elec MXY-4A28VA have this call "clearing free, pipe reuse" technology, dont what it is? but sound like it could just reuse the old pipes without special flushing/treatment, would some guru advise me?

2) I am also considering Mit HI SCM80zj system4 that quoted cheaper by abt $200 as compared to above, but did not mention the "pipe reuse" technology.

3) the aircond servicing technician told me, just vacum the piping will do, which i feel very uncomfortable with the remarks.

When google for the information, some said pipes need flusing with nitogen, I confused liao. would appreciate very much if any one could share.

tspt88

Reaction score
Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for your professional views, your advice has enlightened me on the technical aspect.

I too, would like to change all the pipes, because the discount given by the installer for using back old piping is not significant, however, the process will be a messy once, as it involves dismantling almost all the false ceiling.

After considering, I will take the risk to use back the old piping for ME, and inform the installer to flush the pipes.

1) BTW, what is "Pump-down process" ?
2) About how much will it cost (just indicative) to flush the piping with nitrogen? and
3) Would you share your experiences of old pipes failure (in term of %) for changing R22 to R410 you have encountered?

Regards and my apology for my ignorance.

Last edited:

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi Jason,

Thank you so much for your professional views, your advice has enlightened me on the technical aspect.

I too, would like to change all the pipes, because the discount given by the installer for using back old piping is not significant, however, the process will be a messy once, as it involves dismantling almost all the false ceiling.

After considering, I will take the risk to use back the old piping for ME, and inform the installer to flush the pipes.

2) About how much will it cost (just indicative) to flush the piping with nitrogen? and
3) Would you share your experiences of old pipes failure (in term of %) for changing R22 to R410 you have encountered?

Why u want to using back the old piping ?
Are your old piping concealed ?
410A gas model air con need to us 22 gauge piping by agent . ( if not air con got any gas leaking agent don't give any warranty )
After 2-3 year your old piping sure can t take it . coz 10 year also not must contractor using 22 gauge piping.

Don't take the risk :)

Last edited:

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Tspt88,

1) Pump down process is whereby the gas in your existing system is drawn back into the compressor. The compressor has this function whereby it can draw the existing gas in the pipes back to the compressor. After the draw back is completed, the outdoor condenser can be disconnected and the flushing and vacuuming can be performed.

This is only possible when the compressor is functioning. For scenerios whereby the compressor is no longer functioning, a gas recovery machine will come into play. This machine works in the same manner by drawing gas from the pipes however instead of storing the gas in the compressor, an empty cylinder is used for containment.

Of course there will be some that will release the R22 back into the air however this is not encouraged as HCFC is harmful to the environment.

As for point 2 and 3, let me drop you a PM instead.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi Jason,

tspt88

Reaction score
Hi Jason,

wow... your respond is fast , appreciate your efforts of explaining the pump-down process. thank you!! thank you!!

tspt88

Reaction score
Why u want to using back the old piping ?
Are your old piping concealed ?
410A gas model air con need to us 22 gauge piping by agent . ( if not air con got any gas leaking agent don't give any warranty )
After 2-3 year your old piping sure can t take it . coz 10 year also not must contractor using 22 gauge piping.

Don't take the risk :)

Hi Mrairc,

Yes, my is a condo, all the pipes are concealed, that is why I resist to change the old piping. If renew piping, the false ceilings will need to be cut or dismantled, and ....the reinstatement as well . Moreover, if the new installed piping not perfectly done, it will be a nightmare to reopen the ceiling....

Considering my existing piping were well done by the main building contractor, which 10 over years still service me well without problem, that make me thinking of retaining the old pipes.

You hit the right spot of my heart that is what I worry most if the old pipes will to give problem in just a few years due to the additional pressure induced by R410.

if this problem is concern, will it be better for me to use back Daikin system like 4MKD75 that uses R22 with the old piping?

TIA.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Tspt88,

Glad the information is of help.
Have dropped you a pm regarding your other queries.
Let me know if you need more information.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi Jason,

wow... your respond is fast , appreciate your efforts of explaining the pump-down process. thank you!! thank you!!

mrairc

Reaction score
Hi Mrairc,

Yes, my is a condo, all the pipes are concealed, that is why I resist to change the old piping. If renew piping, the false ceilings will need to be cut or dismantled, and ....the reinstatement as well . Moreover, if the new installed piping not perfectly done, it will be a nightmare to reopen the ceiling....

Considering my existing piping were well done by the main building contractor, which 10 over years still service me well without problem, that make me thinking of retaining the old pipes.

You hit the right spot of my heart that is what I worry most if the old pipes will to give problem in just a few years due to the additional pressure induced by R410.

if this problem is concern, will it be better for me to use back Daikin system like 4MKD75 that uses R22 with the old piping?

TIA.
Yes . is better using back the R22 Daikin 4MKD75 gas for your air con system . u also can ask the contractor to flush for u before they install the new air con . so far no any complaint in R22 Daikin 4MKD75 using back the existing piping . an u got the warranty for them too :)

xsLaCk3rzx

Reaction score
11251226723_dec453a859_n.jpg

Hi All Gurus,

I am planning to install new air con in my 4-room and was looking at this particular model Mistsubishi System 3 inverter MX3A28VA/MSYGE10VA at $3,009 including standard HDB installation which is selling at Gain City.

As this is my first time getting a new air con, please advise if the pricing is reasonable as i am going for the installment payment term.

I understand it is necessary to install the steel bracket and 15 amp power point with PUB testing. Is it necessary to upgrade the 1/2 inch insulation and guage copper pipe.

Thank you all in advance. :)

Regards,
xsLaCk3rzx

mrairc

Reaction score
11251226723_dec453a859_n.jpg

Hi All Gurus,

I am planning to install new air con in my 4-room and was looking at this particular model Mistsubishi System 3 inverter MX3A28VA/MSYGE10VA at $3,009 including standard HDB installation which is selling at Gain City.

As this is my first time getting a new air con, please advise if the pricing is reasonable as i am going for the installment payment term.

I understand it is necessary to install the steel bracket and 15 amp power point with PUB testing. Is it necessary to upgrade the 1/2 inch insulation and guage copper pipe.

Thank you all in advance. :)

Regards,
xsLaCk3rzx
Price reasonable ,extended warranty can think about it , but service contract not necessary. Now all news house already got installed 15 amp for air con power point . The best is they giving a three year workmanship warranty . :)

xsLaCk3rzx

Reaction score
Price reasonable ,extended warranty can think about it , but service contract not necessary. Now all news house already got installed 15 amp for air con power point . The best is they giving a three year workmanship warranty . :)

Thanks for your advise mrairc. But house is about 20years old already and is my first time getting a air-con. Therefore, do you think i should need to install the 15amp aircon power point?

tspt88

Reaction score
Yes . is better using back the R22 Daikin 4MKD75 gas for your air con system . u also can ask the contractor to flush for u before they install the new air con . so far no any complaint in R22 Daikin 4MKD75 using back the existing piping . an u got the warranty for them too :)

Hi mrairc, you valid points noted, thank you sooo much for helping!!

terumo

Reaction score
To xsLaCk3rzx,
Price is slightly high, but for installment usually they will mark up a bit more to cover the "interest" & bank admin charges.

Steel bracket will depends on whether u have an aircon ledge.
Same for power point, whether u have an existing one.

lipo99

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just sharing my small experience scouting for air-con.

Went to this shop called best tech at toa payoh. Asked the salesman price for sys 4 for Toshiba. He told me $3899. Ask him about ME. He said same price. Ask him about daikin. He said same price. How can they all have same price:(:( Not sure whether he is trolling me. Ask him for G22 copper pipe he say cannot. Now use G23??

Went to courts Toa Payoh. They don't carry Toshiba and daikin. Cost $4299 for ME and only one year warranty.

xseanyx

Reaction score
just sharing my small experience scouting for air-con.

Went to this shop called best tech at toa payoh. Asked the salesman price for sys 4 for Toshiba. He told me $3899. Ask him about ME. He said same price. Ask him about daikin. He said same price. How can they all have same price:(:( Not sure whether he is trolling me. Ask him for G22 copper pipe he say cannot. Now use G23??

Went to courts Toa Payoh. They don't carry Toshiba and daikin. Cost $4299 for ME and only one year warranty.

5 years compressor warranty & 1 year parts warranty standard for all brands. Courts need to pay for their overhead and some people uses credit card 0% thus sure got mark up mah, if you are interested in a particular brand just go to their website look for their dealers and contact the dealers directly, tend to get better price, random shop might be a dealer of this brand but not the other thus price quoted would be different and they tend to side a particular brand. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.