PHICOMM i600 non camera

tskeng

Reaction score
Hi guys,

any issues you've encountered since upgrading to version 4.1.2?

My set is 4.1.2 out of the box.
But I do encounter the following:
1. sluggish GUI response. Noticeable when I open Whatsapp, close whatsapp, open Apps folder, close apps folder.

2. frequent auto-closing of apps. Widgets also either don't respond or auto-close also.

3. When I look into the "running apps" section, I see 481MB used and only 36MB free and alot of processes "restarting".

4. Keyboard doesn't appear sometimes. Or disappears when typing halfway.

Any tips from current Users on how you overcome similar scenarios?

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

any issues you've encountered since upgrading to version 4.1.2?

My set is 4.1.2 out of the box.
But I do encounter the following:
1. sluggish GUI response. Noticeable when I open Whatsapp, close whatsapp, open Apps folder, close apps folder.

2. frequent auto-closing of apps. Widgets also either don't respond or auto-close also.

3. When I look into the "running apps" section, I see 481MB used and only 36MB free and alot of processes "restarting".

4. Keyboard doesn't appear sometimes. Or disappears when typing halfway.

Any tips from current Users on how you overcome similar scenarios?

was generally better after the upgrade. Had the disappearing keyboard problem previously but it went away after the upgrade. However the problem just resurfaced recently after I installed Dolphin, removing it didn't help so not sure what is the cause.

tskeng

Reaction score
I do notice that the keyboard process is always at "restarting" state when I view the list of running apps in the settings area.

I tried using apps to clear cache as I noticed that there's quite a number of cached background processes that are hogging the limited RAM space.

Since then, the keyboard doesn't disappear, given that I've not installed or uninstalled any other apps or widgets.

And performance did improve.

Maybe I was lucky. Any one else had this issue?

feitz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do notice that the keyboard process is always at "restarting" state when I view the list of running apps in the settings area.

I tried using apps to clear cache as I noticed that there's quite a number of cached background processes that are hogging the limited RAM space.

Since then, the keyboard doesn't disappear, given that I've not installed or uninstalled any other apps or widgets.

i had the same keyboard disappearing issue before. identified it to be the lack of free ram problem, causing android to restart the keyboard apps in the middle of use.

30+MB is like the threshold before apps like internet browser will suddenly restart in the middle of loading a webpage....

No solution to the limited RAM space...

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I eventually got it fixed by restarting the phone. Sounds like the cause is the same shortage of memory since restarting would had killed any thing I opened but overlooked closing.

Reinstalled Dolphin and the problem didn't recur so seems further proof that memory is the key.

chiawy

Reaction score
i had the same keyboard disappearing issue before. identified it to be the lack of free ram problem, causing android to restart the keyboard apps in the middle of use.

30+MB is like the threshold before apps like internet browser will suddenly restart in the middle of loading a webpage....

No solution to the limited RAM space...

I also have this keyboard disappearing issue in my Phicomm i600, after hard reset (wiping cache and dalvik cache) with only whatsapp, google drive and evernote installed the keyboard problem reappeared. My RAM only left like 28MB free.

Also the phone storage low icon and notification appear with only the above 3 apps installed. Really lousy phones from Phicomm.

Now deciding on iNo 2 or LG F5 to replace this lousy Phicomm i600. Will never consider Phicomm phones after bad experience with their i300 and i600.

tskeng

Reaction score
Have you tried disabling all other keyboards and only keep the default keyboard "English (US) - Android keyboard (AOSP)"?

It might help.

chiawy

Reaction score
Have you tried disabling all other keyboards and only keep the default keyboard "English (US) - Android keyboard (AOSP)"?

It might help.

I never install any other keyboard, the low phone storage icon also appear. Gave up on Phicomm products already. Now waiting for iNo 2 to release.

JohnTan95

Reaction score
I never install any other keyboard, the low phone storage icon also appear. Gave up on Phicomm products already. Now waiting for iNo 2 to release.

There are google Pinying Input keyboard install on the phone. You will need to disable it on setting->language & input-> on keyboard & input methods untick google pinying input and google voice typing.

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Low phone storage? Sounds like you installed a lot of other stuff. Have you tried offloading apps to SD card?

What other apps you installed? Basically, the phone is limited by hardware having only 512MB so we can't really have too many apps/processes running at the same time before things start screwing up.

Personally, I found everything was OK after I deleted Facebook which I never use in the first place :D

JohnTan95

Reaction score
Low phone storage? Sounds like you installed a lot of other stuff. Have you tried offloading apps to SD card?

What other apps you installed? Basically, the phone is limited by hardware having only 512MB so we can't really have too many apps/processes running at the same time before things start screwing up.

Personally, I found everything was OK after I deleted Facebook which I never use in the first place :D

You can try the free apps "app cache cleaner" from the play store to clean the cache that are running on background and off all animation scale to make the phone less lag. To off it you will need to go to setting->developer options->for windows animation scale, transition animation scale and animator duration scale set to animation off. make sure the usb debugging is not tick.

Scroll down to Limit Background Processes, click here and select 4.

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try the free apps "app cache cleaner" from the play store to clean the cache that are running on background and off all animation scale to make the phone less lag. To off it you will need to go to setting->developer options->for windows animation scale, transition animation scale and animator duration scale set to animation off. make sure the usb debugging is not tick.

Scroll down to Limit Background Processes, click here and select 4.

So far OK lah after the update and removing unnecessary apps. So not planning to install any additional stuff since I think the app cleaner was too aggressively killing off wanted processes previously. Quite comfortable with the phone doing duty as work/IM/presentation phone and occasional browser. I can't say if it would be good for gaming since I don't game on it.

trygon

Reaction score
I have one i600 for sale. Black one with warranty

Do pm me and leave me your CTC if u are keen

Captain Underwear

Reaction score
Whenever I try to play a video on my phone, the frame rate drops and the audio will always come out faster than the video. I've tried using different vid players but the problem persists. However, Youtube works fine.

Is this because of the phone or the video file itself? TIA

powermaster

Reaction score
Whenever I try to play a video on my phone, the frame rate drops and the audio will always come out faster than the video. I've tried using different vid players but the problem persists. However, Youtube works fine.

Is this because of the phone or the video file itself? TIA
What is the resolution, format and codec encoding of the video you are trying to play? So far if it's full HD resolution, might have some problem. I'm using BSplayer. If I reencode to H.264 at lower resolution, I'm able to play.

Captain Underwear

Reaction score
What is the resolution, format and codec encoding of the video you are trying to play? So far if it's full HD resolution, might have some problem. I'm using BSplayer. If I reencode to H.264 at lower resolution, I'm able to play.

The movie is 1080p in mp4. I guess I'd have to reencode to lower resolution then.. Thanks

allantjs

Reaction score
Dear friends, anyone encounter wifi can't connect after the firmware upgrade Never even prompt any network to choose? Firmware version 0T02_1128_SH, after i upgrade to this version the wifi is totally unable to turn on there is nothing appearing at all.

TINI CHAN

Reaction score
hi,
im looking to buy the i600. Msg me at line, userid:zs2345

Last edited:

nettely

Reaction score
Currently, 7-11 is selling the phicomm i600nc at $138.

Since the review by u guys is good (at east better than ino 1plus), I'm gonna get it tonight.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.