DITA - Elegant simplicity. Ultimate purity.

Seth Lee

Reaction score
Can't seems to find a thread on these here. Are they really good or overrated?

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
Dita on Truth cable rivals mid range customs for me.
Entry level customs cannot match Dita's singale dynamic driver.
Pretty sick sounding IEM.

tm.chen

Reaction score
Demoed it during Mook.

The details are amazing for only a single dynamic driver. Unfortunately, you have to take care of what music you are playing with it. Songs with extreme highs like vocaloid/electronic will make you feel as if someone stabbed you in the ear with a pin.

999 for the a single driver and fixed cable is a bit too much to risk even with their local support.

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
999?!?!? **** i can get a decent full size headphone

boleh7

Reaction score
You probably demo the faulty unit during last mook ��

Demoed it during Mook.

The details are amazing for only a single dynamic driver. Unfortunately, you have to take care of what music you are playing with it. Songs with extreme highs like vocaloid/electronic will make you feel as if someone stabbed you in the ear with a pin.

999 for the a single driver and fixed cable is a bit too much to risk even with their local support.

Last edited:

Trinity54

Reaction score
googled about it. looks really nice .but for the price really is a risk to splurge onto something which doesnt allow easy cable replacement.

Aegis_Yeo

Reaction score
googled about it. looks really nice .but for the price really is a risk to splurge onto something which doesnt allow easy cable replacement.

Yo must try it for yourself first. Remember reviews are done and written based on the reviewer's sound sig preferences, not yours.

byte_me

Reaction score
Dita on Truth cable rivals mid range customs for me.
Entry level customs cannot match Dita's singale dynamic driver.
Pretty sick sounding IEM.

I totally agree with this for sound quality.

Enough with the "lack of drivers" and "more drivers confirm better" nonsense. Implementation and quality is the key.

And I'll add that build quality is exceptional. From the chemically treated metal logo, meaning it won't come off or fade even if you rub the damn things together or use a coin to scratch, to the little portion of the cable that isn't covered by the sleeve to show the wires underneath to even the box.

For those worried about not having a detachable cable, do you think with this much attention paid to the rest of the parts, the makers wouldn't pay attention to how the cable is connected to the IEM itself? Choosing a VDH cable should say enough.

From what I know, it was made like this to prevent an additional part to the sound signature, no matter how small that part is, and more importantly, they wanted to sell a product with a sound signature that "represented" them or something along those lines. I understand where they are coming from but I personally do not agree on this in the business sense knowing the love for detachable cables in the audio community.

No, I do not work for DITA nor do I own one due to the sound signature not being what I was looking for, I like a little more mid-centric sound, and owning too much stuff as it is. I do however know the makers of the DITA for awhile and am very impressed with how this final product turned out.

As for the person that commented being able to get "a full sized can!" because the price is 999? Seriously?? This day and age, you can make a comment like that with so many audio products costing what they do?

Maybe you're right. I guess 50 apple earphones would be much better than paying 1k for a single lone IEM. Value man!! Woot.

Fatty San

Reaction score
I totally agree with this for sound quality.

Enough with the "lack of drivers" and "more drivers confirm better" nonsense. Implementation and quality is the key.

And I'll add that build quality is exceptional. From the chemically treated metal logo, meaning it won't come off or fade even if you rub the damn things together or use a coin to scratch, to the little portion of the cable that isn't covered by the sleeve to show the wires underneath to even the box.

For those worried about not having a detachable cable, do you think with this much attention paid to the rest of the parts, the makers wouldn't pay attention to how the cable is connected to the IEM itself? Choosing a VDH cable should say enough.

From what I know, it was made like this to prevent an additional part to the sound signature, no matter how small that part is, and more importantly, they wanted to sell a product with a sound signature that "represented" them or something along those lines. I understand where they are coming from but I personally do not agree on this in the business sense knowing the love for detachable cables in the audio community.

No, I do not work for DITA nor do I own one due to the sound signature not being what I was looking for, I like a little more mid-centric sound, and owning too much stuff as it is. I do however know the makers of the DITA for awhile and am very impressed with how this final product turned out.

As for the person that commented being able to get "a full sized can!" because the price is 999? Seriously?? This day and age, you can make a comment like that with so many audio products costing what they do?

Maybe you're right. I guess 50 apple earphones would be much better than paying 1k for a single lone IEM. Value man!! Woot.

had a second listening of the truth edition, it is really developing as e1 is burning in. looking forward to another audition after cny

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should give it a listen after 500 hours of burning in... its a huge difference versus a 100hrs burn in.

ILLEGALTENDER

Reaction score
My impression of this IEM at 100 hours burn in is that it is very overrated. I got no issues with the overall presentation but the vocals and highs are very rough and sibilant at this price point. I understand that this is a dynamic driver but at it's price it should not be so sibilant.

It is very musical though, I enjoyed the presentation

I would very much want to support this locally designed product but the issues of it being sibilant is very concerning to me. At this price point my minimum expectation is for it to handle the highs adequately and smoothly and not like sandpaper.

Perhaps I should give it a listen again after 500 hours but until then it is quite unfavorable for me personally.

Personally I preferred the Answer over the Truth.

ILLEGALTENDER

Reaction score
Demoed it during Mook.

This is what I felt. Being stabbed in the ear hahaha.

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was told the set at MOOK was faulty

and I tested the latest set, yes it sounded much better

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.