EDMW Knife Collectors

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Southard is not really big. its just as slender form factor as the 710.
Manix is what i call a big fat blade.

I have Native 5 Moonglow, u interested? :)

SERIOUS?! ME WANT. although I can easily fabricate the moonglow scales with my moonglow. LOL. PM me the price and I'll think it through.

alantcy

Reaction score
SERIOUS?! ME WANT. although I can easily fabricate the moonglow scales with my moonglow. LOL. PM me the price and I'll think it through.

0FgWhaZ.jpg

laTTv8b.jpg

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Southard is not really big. its just as slender form factor as the 710.
Manix is what i call a big fat blade.

I have Native 5 Moonglow, u interested? :)

if Sigma passes, can I have it? is that the EDC forum version?

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Die also have to get it. Sell my kidney also need to buy that one. Just because cannot let vespaguy have another awesome knife. :D

=:p=:p=:p you go get it Sigma. I probably can't afford it, without selling my sink :s22:. It looks like a great user (I don't know anything about the collectibility as I want that as a user).

Last edited:

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
=:p=:p=:p you go get it Sigma. I probably can't afford it, without selling my sink :s22:. It looks like a great user (I don't know anything about the collectibility as I want that as a user).

Haha. I don't think I can get it too. This new year $$$ prospects looking bleak. I'd be lucky if I can keep $200!

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
ok squirrels, how about pics of what you are having for your lunar new year dinner (if you do celebrate) or otherwise, and the knife you're using to cut up your dinner? =:p=:p=:p

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going out over a day: (still work in progress)
2WYTPwG.jpg

Backpack still holds Leatherman wave, gloves, spare batteries, spare boo-boo kit with saline solution, spare pens, spare writing materials, some duct tape, mirror, spare basic meds.

may i ask what backpack are u using?

squarebox

Reaction score
may i ask what backpack are u using?

Currently using a Maxpedition/Magforce Falcon II.
D4yPDYO.jpg

Things attached outside the pack : Kor Delta 750ml, compact umbrella, 4x Grimloc, 2x custom reflectors.

Still consider to buy another pack as backup.
"Two is one. One is none.":s22:

Cant decide on my next pack:
- TAD EDC
- TAD Litespeed
- Camelbak HAWG
- Mystery Ranch 3-Day assault
- Kifaru Xing

Last edited:

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Hey guys. US$800 for shirogorov T100 Axis lock worth it?
I saw it go for $560 before though... Not sure if I should skip the spyderco manix 2 for a shirogorov later this year.

squarebox

Reaction score
I saw it go for $560 before though... Not sure if I should skip the spyderco manix 2 for a shirogorov later this year.

It's a great looking knife but I refuse to support the secondary market :/ Unless you can get it close to it's original cost, I rather get a equally performing Spyderco Military for much less or Sebenza.

For US$800, I rather have a rockstead. Hopefully I have time to visit them when I go to Japan in July.

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score

Sigma, if you plan early and reserve early enough, you may be able to get them around USD600 ish, don't forget shipping. Shirogorovs are fetching prices upwards of USD1000 these days, and when I was selling mine last year or the year before, interest was low because nobody knew much about them, I could probably get twice what I got for that Shirogorov-Sinkevich collab. Try emailing Shirogorov directly to see what they have in stock, but paying to them directly is troublesome and so is the shipping.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I think rockstead and shirogorovs are different animals. Rockstead has great precision and fit and finish, peppered with a lot of Japanese-I-think-I'm-better-than-everyone-else philosophy too. hence the price. Shirogorov is basically a Western knifemaker (the 2 brothers) appealing to trends - lots of milling, machining, latest western steels, bearings and the latest trends. Plus the bear logo is really cool. At the prices Rockstead is charging, I wish they used titanium instead of aluminium. Honestly, I find the USD900ish prices a little off-putting.

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently using a Maxpedition/Magforce Falcon II.
D4yPDYO.jpg

Things attached outside the pack : Kor Delta 750ml, compact umbrella, 4x Grimloc, 2x custom reflectors.

Still consider to buy another pack as backup.
"Two is one. One is none.":s22:

Cant decide on my next pack:
- TAD EDC
- TAD Litespeed
- Camelbak HAWG
- Mystery Ranch 3-Day assault
- Kifaru Xing

Don't buy Tad packs - they suck.

It's a pity you didn't already get the MRs from Hornest last year or so when they were still made in Bozeman. I think the 3D is now made offshore? I like MR's harness, very comfortable. MR's harness is better than Arcteryx, IMO. Kifaru - I've only tried the Marauder - didn't like it at all - too old skool tech. I hope to trade my Arc for the Kifaru X-ray though, better for my purpose. These days, I try to avoid too much molle on the outside, in line with being grey.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.