Best Term Insurance Plan(Do Not Solicit for Pm)

Reaction score
What is the best Term plan in Singapore? Highest coverage for lowest cost.

Also for Life Plans, met up with a few, TM seems to give the best per dollar coverage.

Thanks in advance

MoonHehe

Reaction score
Hi there,

If you don't mind, can you provide me with your age, sex and smoker/non-smoker status? Then I can provide you with a quotation which you can do comparison with others that you may get.

Alfdorel

Reaction score
Highest Coverage for lowest cost. It depends lah really. Sometimes the companies got small little clauses which you don't know one, so check properly.

TM cannot fight one from what i know. Their plans really provides higher returns based on the illustration. Then again, whats your actual concern?

Reaction score
hi there,

I want good coverage for TPD/CI/Death and also PA.

From what I was quoted, and I have sat down with 4 agents from different companies, TMs plan (forgot the name, but probably their normal one) that comes with dread disease rider and early care rider, 50k and 150k coverage, as well as a life policy with 200k death coverage was quoted at abt +200 bucks.

Seem like the best to me.

I wish to get life+term+pa, health I have. I am not really looking for returns. I want good coverage cos my parents will be dependent on me (as well as my future wife lol), so I want good coverage.

AIA and GEs coverage dont seem as strong. For $250, what is the best mixture to give the best Term/Life and PA combo..

Just curious if there is smthing else out there.

Got to meet NTUC soon, heard their term plans quite competitive..

Reaction score
I'm 26 turning 27 in a month, male non smoker, sorry dont wanna reply so many PMs ha, prefer not to hear just from agents but from the common man

Aerial86

Reaction score
I think what you need is a specific needs planning based on your liabilities and the amount of responsibilities you are shouldering with regards to your family.. Why don't you find an independent consultant in the first place since they can compare across companies for you..

You could have saved more time rather than meeting so many agents.. Plan wise I believe you already know which is the best in terms of whole life.. Term plan wise there are more competitive ones out there like prudential,AXA and Aviva.. A combination of a term and whole life will be good to get the best of both world.

Even thou you've met so many agents, if you don't mind and is willing to listen to more opinions, i will be glad to provide a service.

Aerial86

Reaction score
Actually that is what is going on in my mind. But why the cynicism towards life plans? Out of curiousity.

Also pruterm, worth it?

Thanks!

Pruterm is one of the better term plan out there currently. As to why people are against life plan in this forum, I would not comment any further as this argument of BTIR have been going on for quite awhile and it will start again soon.

Personally I believe in BTIR but that does not mean I'm going to drill this idea into every single of my client because i'm into it as everyone does have different objectives in their plannings.. As a consultant, it is my job to ensure that the portfolio is worked out to individual specific needs.

If BTIR is able to help them in achieving the objectives, why not?

Last edited:

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pruterm is one of the better term plan out there currently. As to why people are against life plan in this forum, I would not comment any further as this argument of BTIR have been going on for quite awhile and it will start again soon.

Personally I believe in BTIR but that does not mean I'm going to drill this idea into every single of my client because i'm into it as everyone does have different objectives in their plannings.. As a consultant, it is my job to ensure that the portfolio is worked out to individual specific needs.

If BTIR is able to help them in achieving the objectives, why not?

if ur portfolio can give stable returns in excess of 4per cent per yr. the duration of the portfolio most likly can ride out the waves of the economic cycles.

with compounding, u can also have flexibility of getting ur capital back if need be without locking in period, thats why BTIR works for pple who KNOW HOW TO INVEST.

Without it, life is the next best thing, and of cause less hassle, but returns vary across insurers.

otherwise, BTIR+Term (with knowledge of investing with diversified portfolio) will beat life easily.

Aerial86

Reaction score
if ur portfolio can give stable returns in excess of 4per cent per yr. the duration of the portfolio most likly can ride out the waves of the economic cycles.

with compounding, u can also have flexibility of getting ur capital back if need be without locking in period, thats why BTIR works for pple who KNOW HOW TO INVEST.

Without it, life is the next best thing, and of cause less hassle, but returns vary across insurers.

otherwise, BTIR+Term (with knowledge of investing with diversified portfolio) will beat life easily.

I totally agree with that. That is the reason why even though I understand the idea of BTIR, I will not insist all my clients follow that.

Not everyone can adopt this mindset so what I can do is to let them be aware of what's available out there for them, and my personal views on what is the best portfolio suitable for them to achieve their goals by understanding their backgrounds, financial capacity and pychological factors. End of the day, decision still lies on them.

I personally has investments in mutual funds and I know the returns I could potentially get from it, therefore if those with me could accept investments, it would definitely be great for them to adopt this. Just for info, for those who understands an IFA industry, they will know that mutual funds is the way to go for sustainability in the long run, not insurances.

Last edited:

wooty100

Reaction score
If you are keen , lets do coffee in CBD area. Will give u another 2 option, Aviva and Zurich

MultiplyYourWealth

Reaction score
The question is when you meet your prospect and assuming they are unaware of BTIR, have you attempted to educate or inform them that they have a better way of doing it?

One does not really need to know how to invest. It's a no-brainer, passive way of putting away the extra money into something with better yield.

Aerial86

Reaction score
The question is when you meet your prospect and assuming they are unaware of BTIR, have you attempted to educate or inform them that they have a better way of doing it?

One does not really need to know how to invest. It's a no-brainer, passive way of putting away the extra money into something with better yield.

What if I told you I did? Would you believe? Lets not get into unnecessary discussions on the ethics of people in this industry.. Everyone reserve their rights for opinions but do not judge others because of your own perspective.

I hope this forum could be a place where discussion goes around for people to have better idea in what they do, not a place where everyone judge unnecessarily. If you feel offended, I'm sorry but that will also mean I'm spot on.

And if investments is really like what you've said, no-brainer, there will be no poor people anymore. Why would people still go bankrupt because of investment?

Aerial86

Reaction score
Last post on this thread, I'm not here to offend people and start arguments but we really have to be realistic and fair here to everyone. How do you judge a person when you don't even know them at all?

Hope all of us can be more matured here and be responsible to what we say. I've great respect for some here who had been truthful to their views and back them up with basis. These are the ones who really helped others a lot. But there are some who just can't.

Peace! Have a nice day everyone, hope I did not hit anyone spot on with my comments.

MultiplyYourWealth

Reaction score
Read my post carefully. I did not say you didn't. It was a question asking whether any attempts have been made to educate or inform.

Apparently your first reply to an unaware prospect was just a commendation that he got the best WL plan. Sorry but i don't see any attempts made. If you did, then keep up the good work. :s22:

And if investments is really like what you've said, no-brainer, there will be no poor people anymore. Why would people still go bankrupt because of investment?
Are you sure you know the right way of doing it? :s11: Bankrupt?

Reaction score
Calm down guys ha

For $250, that's my budget right now. I was also wondering if life plan is useful if I can have term with better coverage. Especially since pruterm offers till 99. However I do realize it doesn't provide CI cover.

Term wise, quite curious with $250, what's the best if include CI as a rider.

And I personally don't think I only need term till 65, like many agents seem to suggest. I would think that age and beyond is a vulnerable stage. While 99 might seem abit too much for some, I have the option of cutting it at 75 or anytime before 99 when I don't feel the need for it.

It's better than getting till 65, and then left with nothing don't you think?

stan91

Reaction score
Calm down guys ha

For $250, that's my budget right now. I was also wondering if life plan is useful if I can have term with better coverage. Especially since pruterm offers till 99. However I do realize it doesn't provide CI cover.

Term wise, quite curious with $250, what's the best if include CI as a rider.

And I personally don't think I only need term till 65, like many agents seem to suggest. I would think that age and beyond is a vulnerable stage. While 99 might seem abit too much for some, I have the option of cutting it at 75 or anytime before 99 when I don't feel the need for it.

It's better than getting till 65, and then left with nothing don't you think?

For PRUterm vantage, it does provide CI cover.
Based on your age, 500k sum assured for Death till 99, 500k TPD till 65, and 250k accelerated CI till 70, monthly is abt $163.

Of cause you can increase the term for your CI coverage or reduce the term for death coverage. all solely depends on your what you want.

Reaction score
For PRUterm vantage, it does provide CI cover.
Based on your age, 500k sum assured for Death till 99, 500k TPD till 65, and 250k accelerated CI till 70, monthly is abt $163.

Of cause you can increase the term for your CI coverage or reduce the term for death coverage. all solely depends on your what you want.

Oh only for $163? That's good to hear.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.