"Sampan2.0"= Brainwashing to help Singaporeans accept lousy service by an overpaid, abusive governme

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Sampan2.0"= Brainwashing to help Singaporeans accept lousy service by an overpaid, abusive governme

"Sampan2.0"= Brainwashing to help Singaporeans accept lousy service by an overpaid, abusive government.

I was just wondering why the PAP government will only provide 3-hours-average of PSI when in approx June 2013 (when 3 hrs PSI spiked to 401 or so), I can only think about the incompetence of the Singapore government. Blog: 'JUNE 22, 2013: Vivian & Eng Hen: Other Countries Publish 24-Hourly PSI Readings. Sure Or Not?' Revels the falsity behinds our Minister's claims that the revelation of hourly readings is not practiced elsewhere. Me thinks that the conduct of our Ministers here is akin to the Chinese communist government trying to hide all truth from the people: e.g. Before the USA published independent air pollution data assessed at its embassy in Beijing, the Beijing government denied that air pollution was a problem in the capital and also refused to publish proper data about the air pollution situation. Perhaps, like Beijing, the PAP government also wasn't ready to answer public queries about high PSI levels or disruption to SAF training should the PSI suddenly spike to become high since we do know that depending on wind direction, PSI can be as fickle as thunderstorms/ the lightning situation. In any case, SAF seems to have used a PSI of 150 as a guide to continue training, which is already the mid-point of the unhealthy range and 50 points short of the 'very unhealthy' range. Whilst it might also be true that the health of Singaporeans is better provided for through the medishield-life schemes, it is doubtful if safety/ health consciousness were actually the consideration in improving the disclosure of PSI readings, albeit very grudgingly.

Wouldn't it be cheaper and more progressive if PAP could release to us the hourly PSI readings but continue to use the 24-hour PSI for public policy purposes (until further studies produce better guidelines)? Wouldn't it be unproductive to work if due to shifting winds, the PSI swung from 50 to 400 but on average remained above 200 (very unhealthy range) resulting in either zero work being done or inefficient work being done due to the necessity to use N95 mask even during periods of good air?, would NSmen be less eager to train knowing that additional steps have been intentionally taken to obfuscate raw data just to keep the truth under wraps and people perpetually guessing?

Likewise, The Singapore electoral system since the introduction of GRCs for so called minority representation (1988). Would the widespread application of GRC gerrymandering and coat-tails MPs in parliament problem have been as much a problem it currently is, had the NCMP (Non-Constituency Member of Parliament), used to invite near extinct opposition MPs to parliament since 1984 been also applied to minority MPs so that Singapore would not have such a jaundiced view of minorities for being the 'cause' of GRC linked severe political cronyism as we have today? Should minorities be ostracized for being the cause of PAP political oligopoly? Of the maximum of 9 opposition NCMP in parliament, only 3 NCMPs currently exists due to WP miraculously winning a GRC in the last election: it is high time to s¢rap the GRC vehicle of elections and let the minimum minority race representation policy be driven by the NCMP route altogether. PAP should have never exploited minority race representation GRC system for its own dynastic intentions, to do so is an abuse of the political right to rule that Singaporeans have entrusted them to.

The best way forward is openness and transparency- and where that is concerned, Singaporeans deserve better than the dubious standards under the constitution of Sampan2.0.

Minus the gerrymandering, minus the cronyism, ain't it obvious that life in Singapore will be better for all???!!!
----------
Picts:
- Singapore: A Sampan or a Cruise ship?:
MtDMIlB.jpg

- Disassembling GRC system benefits PAP (Part 1 of 3):
Intoparliamentjpg.jpg

- If the readings on these charts go through the roof, you know the haze is coming:
Singapore-haze-2014.jpg

-
09Apr2007-+Annex+3-+Pay+Comparison+Before+and+After+Salary+Revision.JPG

-
ST23Mar2007-%2BWhy%2Bpay%2Bmust%2Bgo%2Bup.JPG

- GST hike ‘more likely’ if Govt needs to raise revenue for new initiatives:
GST+hike+%E2%80%98more+likely%E2%80%99+if+Govt+needs+to+raise+revenue+for+new+initiatives-TDY+(22Aug2013).JPG

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For record:

U actually think the PAP nowadays really places the people above themselves???!!!
ilold said:
Re Thread (SGC): Re: "Sampan2.0"= Brainwashing to help Singaporeans accept lousy service by an overpaid, a...
This has to be a joke.
You think PAP publishes the PSI readings? Really?
ST23Mar2007-%2BWhy%2Bpay%2Bmust%2Bgo%2Bup.JPG
liftupgrade.jpg

"'Unless there is a first-class political leadership and judiciary, the Civil Service, however capable and dedicated, will not be able to function properly,' he said."
Thus U can see in the context of the second picture about the PA-PAP grassroots adviser scheme, the HDB under rules set by first class political leadership, is obliged to give the PAP crony first knowledge about the approval of HDB upgrading so as to maintain an aurora amongst the population of the importance of PAP, despite the fact that having lost the last election, the PAP MP wannabe was not the people's chosen representative in opposition held constituencies.

So if the PAP or PAP minister says 2hrly average PSI or 12hourly PSI, so the case will be. Just see how differently MND is managed under contrasting PAP ministers Mah BT (pre-2011) vs Khaw BW (post 2011 GE), the former running the ministry like a business, hoping that land praises rise so HDB BTO/ other land sales might be profitable for government, the latter focusing on affordable HDB for majority population, rental HDB for those who cannot afford: so pray tell, if it were not PAP decisions, who then decides the manner of manipulating raw PSI data (/or not) before presentation to the general public???

PAP sets the law (often to suit themselves first), the civil servants have no choice but to follow since the Prime Minister can sack them / replace the perm secretary anytime he wishes (maybe get president rubber stamp), but that is moot as we know it.

Anything the civil service wants to do, PAP controls it with an iron fist mind U...

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the record:

Another politically naive Sink@porean in his own world ...
ilold said:
Re thread (SGC): "Sampan2.0"= Brainwashing to help Singaporeans accept lousy service by an overpaid, a....
You still don't get it.
You actually think NEA is managed by the PAP?
You are grasping at straws and are trying to connect random dots to the PAP to stir up discord. NEA is a stat board.
I like how you shifted the discussion from PSI to HDB and to compensation and tax.
Hi 'ilold', pls read the following:

The Cabinet is constituted under Article 24 of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore. The Cabinet is responsible for all government policies and the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the state. It comprises the Prime Minister and other Ministers and is collectively responsible to the Parliament.
http://www.cabinet.gov.sg/content/cabinet/index.html
Yes, NEA is a statutory board, and so is HDB.
The People's Association too
is a stat board, oddly however, PM Lee HL is it's chairman and all the PA electoral constituency advisors-to-grassroots are PAP politicians, so much for separation of powers between the legislative and the executive and the ad-nausuem denials by the PA against criticisms that it is a key PAP political appendage: PAP is well intent on brainwashing the grassroots into being forever loyal to the PAP.

Read: "The Cabinet is responsible for all government policies and the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the state.": so whatever the cabinet minister says, the Statutory Board has to comply. U think HDB CEO so pro-PAP that he took it upon himself to tell the PAP adviser to grassroots earliest about the coming Hougang HDB lift upgrading project/ scheme?, of course not, must have been orders from the Minister down the perm sec chain of command telling them to report via the PA towards favoring the PAP MP wannabe: a wolf in sheep's clothing wearing the supposedly apolitical colors of the PA, whilst being a front running MP candidate for the PAP. Thus PAP politicians are legislatively privileged: they can be both apolitical as well as political at the same time, since the Singapore constitution as written by the PAP themselves seems bent towards rewarding themselves this privilege. Where separation of legislative and executive powers is concerned, just like in communist China, that also doesn't quite exist in Singapore, where any and every contrarian opinion is by default labeled seditious and a threat to the totalitarian regime.

Singaporeans need to wake up to the political dirty tricks being played by politicians all over the world. Otherwise, they will always remain the pawns of politicians in this globalized world.

"He also told them this parable: “Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit?"~ Luke6:39 (NIV)

U have been thoroughly brainwashed by the PAP: that is obvious to see...

Last edited:

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Convincing the Stockholm patient, that his puppet-masters are bad people.

For the record:

Convincing the Stockholm patient, that his puppet-masters are bad people.
ilold said:
Re thread (SGC): Another politically naive Singaporean lost in his own world...
I like how you used a bible verse.
Thoroughly brainwashed? You have to be kidding me. Who is at the head of a stat board? A minister?
I will not answer your red herring. You will not be convinced and are blinded by your hate to the PAP/faith to the opposition for whatever reason.
The post U quote has since been updated (FYI).
U humor me with your ignorance.
The puppet head of a statutory board is the CEO who is hired by the Public Service Commission (IIRC). Directing him are the political appointment holders of varying rank, with the Minister on the top chain of command (Prime Minister can over-rule Minister in Singapore context), the parliamentary secretary tells the Ministry Perm Secretary (Snr management according to Govt directory) what to do and NEA, like PUB is only part of the PORTFOLIO of the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources (MEWR) with strings tied to their limbs just move according to Minister's direction/ command.

Just like little India riots, Minister of Home Affairs says no drinking alcohol, then the whole chain of command complies, thus U see shop keepers being prosecuted for selling alcohol during ban hours or unlicensed sale of alcohol etc.

U might be a puppet yourself as U watch other puppets perform. Just please don't look up, U might be upset to find out who is calling the shots... Most puppets regret not questioning the status quo, cos by the time they discover something amiss, it's often much too late for amends to be made.
--------
PS:
Stockholm syndrome [wiki], or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with them.
i6CMkar.jpg

Last edited:

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
checking the PSI every hour will not help the situation much. It is not what u can see (visible reduction in visibility) and not what u can SMELL that is harmful. PM 10 and PM 2.5 particles are not visible to naked eye and can't be smelled. I have a bad dust allergy and it was on full blast the moment any amount of haze appears here. Unless I sleep with a n95 mask on... things will not change for me. Sooooo only solution is to run....

I have largely determined that your forte is making threads that make my head spin... :s22:

If the minister calls all the shots and nothing gets done without their approval then their pay can't even make up for the probable insane hours that they have to work.

As it is even with a rather top heavy cabinet, I cannot see how these puppet masters can control all stat boards under their portfolio at in 24hrs. Remember ponding/flooding/water accumulation is also under Minister purview.

And if the PM calls all the shots, then imagine the hours he should be working. Pinky is not sick as of last time I checked...

government may "serve" the people. More correctly civil servants operate the apparatus that make up government. I would not call you out for saying the government is not doing a good job. So, yes it is pretty lousy.

Abusive is another word altogether. If you ask me, by allowing MPs to say "aye" to the prohibition imposed on Little India area. WE have allowed this government to trample on civil liberties. Even if it is of a foreign community.

And you made a thread regarding GRCs... recently.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
checking the PSI every hour will not help the situation much. It is not what u can see (visible reduction in visibility) and not what u can SMELL that is harmful. PM 10 and PM 2.5 particles are not visible to naked eye and can't be smelled. I have a bad dust allergy and it was on full blast the moment any amount of haze appears here. Unless I sleep with a n95 mask on... things will not change for me. Sooooo only solution is to run....

I have largely determined that your forte is making threads that make my head spin... :s22:

If the minister calls all the shots and nothing gets done without their approval then their pay can't even make up for the probable insane hours that they have to work.

As it is even with a rather top heavy cabinet, I cannot see how these puppet masters can control all stat boards under their portfolio at in 24hrs. Remember ponding/flooding/water accumulation is also under Minister purview.

And if the PM calls all the shots, then imagine the hours he should be working. Pinky is not sick as of last time I checked...

government may "serve" the people. More correctly civil servants operate the apparatus that make up government. I would not call you out for saying the government is not doing a good job. So, yes it is pretty lousy.

Abusive is another word altogether. If you ask me, by allowing MPs to say "aye" to the prohibition imposed on Little India area. WE have allowed this government to trample on civil liberties. Even if it is of a foreign community.

Well, you could always make your own HEPA Air Filter System using Taobao as a base. Close all Windows, and turn on Air-Conditioning. For all input valves from the Aircon blower, have 2 Filter (pre-filter, and a HEPA filter below it).

That's what I did when the haze got REALLY bad last year and the air at home was consistently good when I borrowed a particle counter to test. As I also have sensitive skin, I also continued to do Aircon filtering (though its now 1 stage), but I continue to have a HEPA filter at home.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well I dun sleep with aircon on but this seems like a really good idea... I will keep it in mind

cherry6

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As shown, most PAP MPs, if not Ministers are hand held into parliament, so they expect a predictable routine/ lifestyle.
By convention, AFAIK, almost all research papers published reference 24-he PSI as a marker of air pollution: probably the case as in the pre-internet era where information transference was limited to the most important, over printed press, TV news/ radio. The concept of instantaneous raw data revelation is a new phenomenon, only possible with the internet/ computerisation e.g. car-park lots available, camera queue at polyclinic/ A&E gahmen hospital, Google maps roadspeed flows etc. The only research on environmental air pollution is also long term data, not short term exposure.

NEA machinery does record PSI on the hour, as I understand is practise all across the world. Countries with limited computer technology/ plagued by corruption/ inefficiency (e.g. China) also resist such revelation since it reflects poorly on the leadership of the state of government.

IIRC, the demand for hourly PSI revelation was made during the severe haze of June2013 when the 3hrly readings hit 401. The number could have been 440 depending on minor fluctuations and as always, of reduced accuracy cos it is always a retrospective result, not a forward prediction.

Maybe for legal reasons for which the gahmen wants to avoid liability: e.g. SAF recruit training, some one might sound an alarm which might halt training or confuse the officer conducting, the increased interest in air-pollution issues which might affect Sinkapooreans productivity at work etc etc... so like China, Sink@poor chooses to reveal as little as possible even though just reporting hourly PSI would be most convenient if not transparent way forward.

Singapore civil servants and politicians, bathing in the needless nepotism encouraged by GRC system of elections, are thus hesitant to reveal the truth as they are too used to their old ways, that regardless of outcome, that to them,: transparency is best shunned.

Intoparliamentjpg.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.