llooking for travel buddy on a working holiday

Dagionax

Reaction score
return air tickets >$1k sgd liao. if just wanna experience snow, go korea also cheaper...
Wouldn't the same apply to you? Working holidays are specifically designed to for people who have "holiday" as their primary focus and "work" as their secondary. Clearly you realise that going to NZ is expensive so why are you going there? Or, if you're so rich, why are you applying for a working holiday visa at all? If you aren't going to help me with informative replies, do me a favour and don't help me at all.

zzzzzz87

Reaction score
Wouldn't the same apply to you? Working holidays are specifically designed to for people who have "holiday" as their primary focus and "work" as their secondary. Clearly you realise that going to NZ is expensive so why are you going there? Or, if you're so rich, why are you applying for a working holiday visa at all? If you aren't going to help me with informative replies, do me a favour and don't help me at all.
no, i mean if it's to experience snow, then you have other places.

if you wanna experience NZ then it's a different story.

sorry if i make you take it the wrong way and i apologise for that.

anyway i'm also heading to NZ in july.

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I don't see how his/her reply to you wasn't informative.

You asked about snowing and skiing in a work holiday thread. How relevant is it? Ok, even if it's only relevant becos it's NZ, I don't see how not informative the other reply was when it said the air tickets cost more than S$1k and that it's cheaper to experience snow in 'cheaper' places.

What kind of summary are you expecting? Snow related or work visa related?

You want to earn money while on a holiday in NZ to go skiing?

Last edited:

kevin301

Reaction score

You asked about snowing and skiing in a work holiday thread. How relevant is it? Ok, even if it's only relevant becos it's NZ, I don't see how not informative the other reply was when it said the air tickets cost more than S$1k and that it's cheaper to experience snow in 'cheaper' places.

agree with your point.
if main intention is to 'experience snow', there are other options which are easier on the wallet, and hence more likely to obtain parental approval ;)

I would imagine that a working holiday would entail a fairly lengthy stay in that country. Friends of mine who have taken up this option have typically spent more than 4-6 months in the foreign country, to really immerse themselves in the foreign culture. I doubt it will be possible to do a short ski-trip cum 'working holiday'.

Starriieex

Reaction score
Websites that would help :D

Hey guys..

im also travelling in Nov to melbourne den auckland for the working holiday!
see if we could still meet up or may be i could help buy ur car. :X

anyway.. these websites helped in alot when im doing my research for NZ working holiday. Hope they will be able to help you too!

https://www.facebook.com/NZWorkingHoliday.SG

4tern.com

As for @Dagionax.. if u really plan to do snow boarding for working holiday u might wanna apply for next year instead.. because most of their application is closed.. but you can still try if u are keen to go this year..

Ski & Snowboard Mt Ruapehu | Turoa & Whakapapa Ski Areas | Snow Report
Mt Ruapehu Recruitment: Attention

Dagionax

Reaction score

it wasn't informative because I didn't ask anything about plane tickets nor did I say I would consider going somewhere else. I asked for a summary regarding the visa. If I want to go to NZ, it's my decision anyway.

Dagionax

Reaction score
no, i mean if it's to experience snow, then you have other places.

if you wanna experience NZ then it's a different story.

sorry if i make you take it the wrong way and i apologise for that.

anyway i'm also heading to NZ in july.
Guess I should apologise as well. I guess it's just the way I view a person's attitude through the way they form their sentences.
To me, that sentence you said came across as quite rude.

zzzzzz87

Reaction score
Guess I should apologise as well. I guess it's just the way I view a person's attitude through the way they form their sentences.
To me, that sentence you said came across as quite rude.
if you need the info on working holiday in NZ, here's the link for SG citizens: Singapore Work Exchange Programme

application requires NZD165 and takes at most 5 working days to be processed. my friend and I got ours approved in 2 working days.

zzzzzz87

Reaction score
Hey guys..

im also travelling in Nov to melbourne den auckland for the working holiday!
see if we could still meet up or may be i could help buy ur car. :X

anyway.. these websites helped in alot when im doing my research for NZ working holiday. Hope they will be able to help you too!

https://www.facebook.com/NZWorkingHoliday.SG

4tern.com

As for @Dagionax.. if u really plan to do snow boarding for working holiday u might wanna apply for next year instead.. because most of their application is closed.. but you can still try if u are keen to go this year..

Ski & Snowboard Mt Ruapehu | Turoa & Whakapapa Ski Areas | Snow Report
Mt Ruapehu Recruitment: Attention
hey! when will u be heading to auckland?

i have plans to go from nz (after my working holiday) to aussie instead. haha.

veryred

Reaction score
yo! managed to come across this thread thru googling.. anyway i'm applying for the NZ working holiday for this year..

is the owner of this thread still planning to do it?
Hey there! I am in contact with the TS and yup he is still doing the working holiday and is flying on the 18th May.
I will be flying in July.

If you guys are interested to exchange information, can email me at eveslumber(at)gmail(dot)com :)

veryred

Reaction score
Hey, can someone give me a brief summary of this? I don't quite understand it. I'm planning to head to NZ in june/july to try out snowboarding and to experience snow for the first time but my parents say its quite expensive. This certainly would seem to help me as I just graduated from poly.

a working holiday would require you to work and travel at the same time.
So basically you are working in a foreign country and using ur income to supplement your travelling and living expenses there. NZ is a very popular destination because of the minimum wage -NZ14/hr as well as the friendly people, diverse landscape, cultures and many beautiful natural scenery to visit.

That being said, usually it will only be realistic for long term travel and not short term. Ultimately, it depends on your luck on finding a job as well as your willingness to adapt and be flexible with your plans. If you are only planing to experience snow for fun with not much money in your pocket, NZ might not be a good destination.

youatea

Reaction score
Hi,

I will be Wellington on 1st July for the Working Holiday as well. Will travel for about a week to Auckland with a friend and be back in Wellington probably by 10th July. Will anyone be around Wellington?

veryred

Reaction score
Hi,

I will be Wellington on 1st July for the Working Holiday as well. Will travel for about a week to Auckland with a friend and be back in Wellington probably by 10th July. Will anyone be around Wellington?

Will travel down to wellington somehow but not sure when.
Visit us in Auckland?

_Dave_

Reaction score
this thread is interesting. i might be interested in travelling around since i'll be based there. bookmark here first :D

Rainbowie

Reaction score
Hi I just got my working holiday visa approved.

I'm going in September 2014. Will there be anyone there or going in September? I'm looking at staying at the southern island for one month or longer (working) then the subsequently travel around new zealand. I'm flexible, can discuss further. :)

youatea

Reaction score
Hi I just got my working holiday visa approved.

I'm going in September 2014. Will there be anyone there or going in September? I'm looking at staying at the southern island for one month or longer (working) then the subsequently travel around new zealand. I'm flexible, can discuss further. :)

Hi, I will be in wellington for a couple of months. I am open to travelling or meeting up for a meal should you drop by. :)

mirioki

Reaction score
Anyone in South Island that plans to start travelling in mid June. I'm currently looking for a travellers. I don't have a car but am willing to share petrol cost. Would like to cover most of the popular town and attraction places.

veryred

Reaction score
whops i did not check the thread. I am already in auckland for 2 over weeks. Will be here till mid july before I make my way down south. Are you in the area?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.