NUS ppl lip lai - Part 6

Darkzi0n

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tell ur immediate supervisor first Loh. Let them know u will not be there if they call u on sat cos of exam

ash123456

Reaction score
Okay thanks guys! So has anyone ever went for this before? Kinda worried since its 2.5 hours so its probably gonna be interviews with a group of poly students..

mihawk

Reaction score
eh,ask u all ar...

if I on manning notice and I got paper on sat afternoon, den if they call me up how ar? Should call my unit and tell them I gt paper first right? den after paper rush down?

I got call and talk to my camp dxo before.

If got sexam go for sexam first, if u late with valid reason is ok one.

tehhalia

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone have any idea when will the list of modules for next academic year be released? considering year 4.............

SoriyaGTR34

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone have any idea when will the list of modules for next academic year be released? considering year 4.............

u gt do IRP or UROP ma? my fren doing IRP and my junior doing UROP...the one doing UROP just submitted this 40 page report...

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still don't get why people are so against the Filipino from holding their independence celebration... a threat to our sovereignty...**** do those idiots even know what that word means?

Alpaca

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
still don't get why people are so against the Filipino from holding their independence celebration... a threat to our sovereignty...**** do those idiots even know what that word means?

jollibee already gt ppl boycott already ... what do you think;) nth to do with the event name :s12:

anyway jollibee jhj !!

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@soriya normally if u dun appear ur det ic will be activated to call chiu (im one of those suay kia) i think u shld at least call unit ops room or let the person who is calling u know y u not appearing to make life easier for those suay nsmen that kena this sai gang

if u dun appear and uncontactable we will have to go ur hse given green form paste sticker not a fun jod

SoriyaGTR34

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@soriya normally if u dun appear ur det ic will be activated to call chiu (im one of those suay kia) i think u shld at least call unit ops room or let the person who is calling u know y u not appearing to make life easier for those suay nsmen that kena this sai gang

if u dun appear and uncontactable we will have to go ur hse given green form paste sticker not a fun jod

LOL, I dunno my unit de ops room no...I'm gonna call the 9div no. and tell them lo...

mgx-alander

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway just callns.sg and ask for it.. call only when they press button ur unit ops room no. only activated when there is a mob recall

Death4ngel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is UROP only useful for people who are interested in going into academia?

Nope. I think it's very useful, and not only for people interested in going into academia.

1. It's a solo project. No fked up teammates; you're on your own.
  2. You get to work with profs. If you need any help after your urop, can just email them. (Can see it as networking ba)
  3. You read lots of paper, learning what's fked up and what's not. In the process, you learn not to write like the fked up ones, and learn what goes into a paper (or a report).
  4. You get to do a presentation. How often do we get a chance to give one.
  5. You learn lots of stuff, although my friend disagree with me on this one. His point is you can take 2x mods to replace urop which you can learn as much, if not more. My point is you learn whatever it takes to do your urop, and you have your profs to guide you.

I think the 2 most impt thing that I learn from doing urop, is that writing well is important. Although I don't really don't feel like giving a presentation, it is one of the feel times u can practise, screw up, and learn.

Screwing up in Uni is always less painful than screwing outside in the working world.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.