LG G3

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hope it comes with snapdragon 805 instead of 801,so that it can trumph current competition...i hope 2k screen is not going to affect battery life...seriously, is QHD really different from FHD as seen with our human eye?

Yeah!

Frankly, QHD and FHD, to the naked eyes, no difference on such small mobile screen. It is over killed and probably need more battery juice ba..

However, that's the marketing needs in competition. !)

My 1080p screen already damn freaking solid liao..;)

mun

Reaction score
Hehe! Don't want! 5.5" is considered a big downsize for me now. ;)

I might consider this model as I find 5.9" is too large for 1 hand operation. I hope 5.5" will be just nice for me :D

Last edited:

mun

Reaction score
Hope this lg g3 has the same or better specs than gpro2 and sell ard $700+ price range :)

Unknownx

Reaction score
Haiz, the leaked G3 using Snapdragon 801 and QHD screen with 3000 mAh battery only :(

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LG G3 Specs Revealed in Sprint UA Profile, Retail Box Appears in New Picture

lg-g3-packaging.jpg

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's a heart rate sensor ba....

Nice redesigned of rounded power and volume buttons.

Comparing to HTC, LG is more innovative in design billions miles aheads...

Boring HTC has not changed its design since HTC one version one..: (

Last edited:

newouverture

Reaction score
That's a heart rate sensor ba....

Nice redesigned of rounded power and volume buttons.

Comparing to HTC, LG is more innovative in design billions miles aheads...

Boring HTC has not changed its design since HTC one version one..: (

Esp the htc ui, new sense does not make any sense. The lousy 2 tone led notification is stupid, and only flash for probably 1~2mins and will not blink thereafter, always missed my msg and calls notification.

The new m8 is just a bigger m7, nothing has changed.

And they still stubbornly and stupidly put the power button on top of the phone, copying iphone for the sake of copying. Probably htc designer is a ET with long index finger.

Even new rumoured 4.7" ip6 also seems to have move the power button to the side liao.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Esp the htc ui, new sense does not make any sense. The lousy 2 tone led notification is stupid, and only flash for probably 1~2mins and will not blink thereafter, always missed my msg and calls notification.

The new m8 is just a bigger m7, nothing has changed.

And they still stubbornly and stupidly put the power button on top of the phone, copying iphone for the sake of copying. Probably htc designer is a ET with long index finger.

Even new rumoured 4.7" ip6 also seems to have move the power button to the side liao.

So I take it you are not very happy with the M8 that you are holding on to right now?
I for one agree with you with regards to the placement of the power button. But that problem is alleviated slightly with motion launch. The power button is still necessary to lock the phone. Double tapping to lock the phone only works when you at the lock screen. I understand you can double tap to lock the phone anywhere in the LG G2's interface?

Motion launch can be quite annoying at times as certain commands can be triggered accidentally. They should allow the user to disable specific motion launches. I keep opening the camera app by accident when I am adjusting the volume when listening to music.
I don't like the black bar below the screen as well. They said it provides space to house the components but I think that is a bulls**t excuse. What about the other phones with very little bezels like the G2, Galaxy S4 and Nexus 5? They shouldn't have moved the buttons on screen, if they were going to keep the black bar. It effectively makes the 5 inch screen on the M8 less than 5 inch as there is no immersion mode in most apps. The black bar is just wasted space. They could have at least made it narrower. They already have a HTC logo on the back, why do they need one on the front? Seems this is the same case with most Android manufacturers, having a logo on the front and back.
I like how iPhones only have the logo on the back. It makes the device look much more elegant, without so much clutter.

Anyway, just my two cents :)

gws898

Reaction score
I hope LG G3's camera will work a lot better than G2 because it has very slow auto focus in low light compared to other competitors. It takes more than 5 seconds to focus the subject in low light.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It shoild be as the current Pro 2's camera is fast in low light focus already.

G3 might be even faster in the respect if LG improves it further. :)

newouverture

Reaction score
So I take it you are not very happy with the M8 that you are holding on to right now?
I for one agree with you with regards to the placement of the power button. But that problem is alleviated slightly with motion launch. The power button is still necessary to lock the phone. Double tapping to lock the phone only works when you at the lock screen. I understand you can double tap to lock the phone anywhere in the LG G2's interface?

Motion launch can be quite annoying at times as certain commands can be triggered accidentally. They should allow the user to disable specific motion launches. I keep opening the camera app by accident when I am adjusting the volume when listening to music.
I don't like the black bar below the screen as well. They said it provides space to house the components but I think that is a bulls**t excuse. What about the other phones with very little bezels like the G2, Galaxy S4 and Nexus 5? They shouldn't have moved the buttons on screen, if they were going to keep the black bar. It effectively makes the 5 inch screen on the M8 less than 5 inch as there is no immersion mode in most apps. The black bar is just wasted space. They could have at least made it narrower. They already have a HTC logo on the back, why do they need one on the front? Seems this is the same case with most Android manufacturers, having a logo on the front and back.
I like how iPhones only have the logo on the back. It makes the device look much more elegant, without so much clutter.

Anyway, just my two cents :)

Yes bro, somehow i am always attracted by the awesome looks, namely m7, bs and m8 and only to be utterly disappointed within 1 week of usage.

Yes, the UI is definitely one of the smoother one around and almost same as stock in terms of speed. Comparing side by side to G2, i feel there is not much difference. In some aspects, G2 might even be faster than M8.

Many reviews all praised how fast and smooth Sense UI is, probably they are only comparing against Touchwiz. But honestly, every UI out there is faster than touchwiz.

Sense UI is quite cumbersome, adjust the speaker volume, it also changes the notification volume, how stupid can it be. The leds as mentioned only has 2 colours and only flash for a minute and keeps showing orange when charging and ignoring even calls or msg comes in. These problems are already present few years back and htc keeps ignoring them and continue with them. These may seems small issues to them, but they make the device a pain to use and its not smart at all. In fact i find my nokia n95 10 years ago perform even better as a user friendly device back then.

For me, i am a working person, so i am not a entertainment freak. Boomsound, blinkfeed and lousy 4 ultrapixel are all useless to me. All these are just plain gimmicks to cover up all the flaws and laziness of their company.

Looking beyond the superb metal skin deep, m8 is just a piece of expensive aluminium thrash and yet again disappoint a loyal fan like me. I am sticking with my trusted G2 and anxiously waiting for G3 to trounce every device this year.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.