Sony A6000 Owners Thread

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought this fantastic mirrorless camera and found no thread on discussions on it.
My first 'real' camera that even put my S5 to shame. I believe th S5 can already be considered one of the best smartphone to have an exceptional camera with phase detection.

Let me start,

Is the 179 phase-detect enabled by default?
I have been shooting pictures with it but never seen those neat multiple focus points like those in YouTube reviews.

The most I see on screen is like 5-6 area of focus ( much like my LG G2 phone before)

Must I enable it from somewhere?

Will post some sample pics later.

Imageshack now needs subscription. Anywhere that I can upload for free now?

bemylove

Banned
Reaction score
a6000 is best value and perf cam today because i think sony is leveraging their leadership in sensors to push the enevelope!

i use abload.de
free and easy :D

rag korkor, i found the best DRO is lv2 niah, which the orh-orh-ness is cut down and the peektures range is still very satki looking.

btw found that A6000 1080p videos look better than XZ2 4K videos! Lolz, love the pdaf auto smooth zoom into focus, so high tech siol!

btw also sony 313 new store open, giving $50 vouchers can buy anything there! Sony sg wan sui! Hope sinkies will like the brand and support as much as ifruit, the new management is really trying hard!

noted the hotshoe cover is made in japan, indent directly from there and took less than 2 weeks! faster than amazon free shipping :D

Last edited:

chikon

Reaction score
Bought this fantastic mirrorless camera and found no thread on discussions on it.
My first 'real' camera that even put my S5 to shame. I believe th S5 can already be considered one of the best smartphone to have an exceptional camera with phase detection.

Let me start,

I have been shooting pictures with it but never seen those neat multiple focus points like those in YouTube reviews.

The most I see on screen is like 5-6 area of focus ( much like my LG G2 phone before)

flickr offers 1tb for free. Go to clubsnap if u want to look for more A6000 users :)

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$1099 body with standard lens kit? I think someone is selling second hand in Clubsnap at $800+.

Excellent camera. Been having fun with it last week.

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got this camera 2 days back, excellent value for money for a compact camera with a 24Mpixel APS-C sensor :)

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Let me start,

You can't really compare an APS-C camera with any smartphone camera, they both serve different needs.

The number of green lit focus areas are dependent on the scene to be captured. It just shows you which part of the scene is being focused on.

qifatt

Reaction score
Hi all A6000 owners, how is the build quality of this camera? I like to get it but very worried of the poor QA of sony. I have the Z2 phone and very disappointed for the QA of build quality.

Are u all satisfiy with this camera?

bemylove

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all A6000 owners, how is the build quality of this camera? I like to get it but very worried of the poor QA of sony. I have the Z2 phone and very disappointed for the QA of build quality.

Are u all satisfiy with this camera?

Light but solid.
No issue with Sony products QA all the while. You just unlucky with Z2.
My Z2 is perfect after so many washes! :D

qifatt

Reaction score
Light but solid.
No issue with Sony products QA all the while. You just unlucky with Z2.
My Z2 is perfect after so many washes! :D

What len u have for A6000?
How is this camera compare to Olympus E-PL6 or EM10?

Last edited:

GegeV2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

A brand new set, to replace my Nex 6.

SONY made a small mistake with the pricing, so I managed to get some discounts with the accessories.

Freebie, was the Additional Battery, Casing, and 16GB SD Card, the normal one.

B+W filter purchased from MS Color.

qifatt

Reaction score

SONY made a small mistake with the pricing, so I managed to get some discounts with the accessories.

hi GegeV2 what are the lens you buy? it come with SELP1650 right?

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

How much is your B+W filter? Is it 40.5mm size? Did you get any 3rd party battery charger, e.g. Vivitar, from MS Colour?

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi GegeV2 what are the lens you buy? it come with SELP1650 right?

Yes, default kit lens is the 16-50. Looks like he bought the body only and then add the 16-70 lens (with PWP discount I presume).

qifatt

Reaction score
Yes, default kit lens is the 16-50. Looks like he bought the body only and then add the 16-70 lens (with PWP discount I presume).

that lens is expensive...PWP only $100 off, still need pay $1199.
Actually i stuck in what lens to buy....feel like to just get those cheap lenses with PWP.

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony promotion for this month, August 2014.

a6000_promo_img2.jpg

ILCE-6000 August 2014 Promotion : Sony Singapore

bemylove

Banned
Reaction score
great value while the shooting powers no lacking.
buy buy buy!
how many 24mp apsc cams with super fast af can you see sell here for $1100?

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
great value while the shooting powers no lacking.
buy buy buy!
how many 24mp apsc cams with super fast af can you see sell here for $1100?

When buy interchangable lens camera, lens is also important to consider..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.