Ditch Microsoft - Alternative Software thread.

coyote

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been looking for a FlaskMpeg(Windows) or XMpeg(Windows) replacement in Linux(Mandrake), preferebly GUI ones due to the sheer complexity of Mpeg4 encoding, like variable-bit-rates & two-pass encoding stuff. Any recommendation would be appreciated?

dementate

Reaction score
quekky said:
thought putty is for windows, ssh is inside linux?

actually there's a linux port of putty, i have it running on one of my gentoo boxes, looks ugly though...

bolts

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JBoss as Java web app server (can be a kind of replacement for .NET app server)
Jetty or Catalina as servlet container.

I use the above for a production server.

Asimof

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tazzie said:
being a traditional HTML "coder" i find Quanta pretty good for designing webpages.

bro, is quanta a free software? i am looking for one that is similar or equivalent to Dreamweaver.

can u pls tell me where to download? thks. :D

jf

Reaction score
windchime said:

THAT'S THE REASON WHY I MENTIONED "FREEWARE".
ANYWAY I HAVE DELETED ALL, SO IT'S DEFINITELY NO LONGER A ISSUE!

SO LONG

actually some of the links were, i believe, open source (like galeon, for example), but oh well... have a nice day.

jf

Reaction score
etegration said:

aiyah, the guy just posted some links, some to "free"ware (but closed-source ones; they were "free beer" but not "free speech"), while others were i believe opensource (or "gnu free"). All i did was gently point out the difference between the 2, and somebody got sensitive already - that's all - and just decided to delete all of the info that he previously posted.

windchime

Reaction score
jf said:

aiyah, the guy just posted some links

Guy????? Made personal assumption ??

QUOTE]Originally posted by jf

All i did was gently point out the difference between the 2
[/QUOTE]

Gently??? perhaps could have PM instead??

sensitive already - that's all - and just decided to delete all of the info that he previously posted.
[/QUOTE]

sensitive?? Has a habit of making personal assumption again??

Anyway, Enjoy you day.

Last edited:

jf

Reaction score
well if u still have any more issues to settle, u can pm me. This is probably enough unrelated stuff in the thread already.

incidentally, what makes u think that "guy" cannot be a generic "he" as used in the English language?

windchime

Reaction score
jf said:
well if u still have any more issues to settle, u can pm me. This is probably enough unrelated stuff in the thread already.

Why should I be having any issues to settle?? You are free to PM me if you do. It's certainly more than enough unrelated stuff in this thread!

incidentally, what makes u think that "guy" cannot be a generic "he" as used in the English language? [/QUOTE]

Did I say anything about "guy" cannot be a generic??
AGAIN ASSUMPTION by your goodself??

This should be over and the thread should be back on track. Free free to PM me and have a nice day.

fortytwo

Reaction score
jf said:

incidentally, what makes u think that "guy" cannot be a generic "he" as used in the English language?

next time you should stick with the phrase "the abovementioned entity" or something. 8)
Being gender specific is a BAD thing. shame on you jf.
BAD JF.

Okay I SCOlded JF already .... let the matter rest

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.