XiaoMi MiPad

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before purchase, it is important to have a chance to play with it.

kiama

Master Member
Reaction score
6b1394a6jw1egjqxwbl73j20cr0onn0c.jpg

lycheas

Reaction score
It looks like iPad knock-off ...... even the name also.

Rich... :s8: when ipad mini is a knockoff of the many android tablets.
What happen to Steve Jobs famous words?

"These are among the reasons we think the current crop of seven-inch tablets are going to be DOA, dead on arrival. Their manufacturers will learn the painful lesson that their tablets are too small and increase the size next year, thereby abandoning both customers and developers who jumped on the seven-inch bandwagon with an orphan product. Sounds like lots of fun ahead."

s3856

Reaction score
I think the Mi Pad is only wifi only. Hopefully when launch in Singapore is 4G LTE.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the Mi Pad is only wifi only. Hopefully when launch in Singapore is 4G LTE.
Wifi would b fine...3g oridy can giggle...lte could b asking too much.
China mkt still "not open" to LTE

miragez

Reaction score

That will be a superb functionality with that price point, definitely going to push down quite a number of brands in Singapore.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Xiaomi is not the manufacturer. So they have to depend on their supplier capability.

They are here because of their marketing, just like those Apple product. Created a out of stock environment, makes lots of people buy and sell and create a market image and price different from others.

Never like to fall into this kind of marketing trap. Like the Apple product, eventually they will lost the market share. So they start to have enough stock to supply the market trying to make them available at any time. Suddenly, they find they could not demand the same as before! So they have to follow the others.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Problem with xiaomi products is they like to release in limited quantity each sale. And it's quite frustrating if all those prata flippers buy in bulk and deprive those who are just getting one for personal use.

nicesingapore

Reaction score
anyone using the current xiaomi phone? friend told me it is actually not good when connected to office email... cannot take load like iphone.

miragez

Reaction score
Nvidia Tegra No Longer Considered To Be SoC for Phones and Tablets

if this the truth. I guessing the use of the Nvidia K1 processor chip and yet priced at such a affordable pricing, the other part such as the screen,battery and other spec will need to be sacrifice in order to place such chip onto the mipad, since nvidia did mentioned their chip are targeted at the higher market segment

This sounds bad, which means the upcoming MiPad might just have the last variations processor it every can build on. Not a good start for MiPad to work on a chip processor with no future. Especially with Xiaomi selling it at the lowest entry market.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This sounds bad, which means the upcoming MiPad might just have the last variations processor it every can build on. Not a good start for MiPad to work on a chip processor with no future. Especially with Xiaomi selling it at the lowest entry market.
Expecting 2 variants for Mipad..
Tegra - Mainland Version
Snapdragon - Intl version

This is how Mi3 was market...and it seems well

miragez

Reaction score
Expecting 2 variants for Mipad..
Tegra - Mainland Version
Snapdragon - Intl version

This is how Mi3 was market...and it seems well

:s12: I guess the Tegra will be gone if they build the second generation ones. but if they have snapdragon I guess its ok

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.