[ADVISE]: Part-Time Diploma In Infocomm & Digital Media in NYP

lDuckRicel

Master Member
Reaction score
packet tracer is part of Cisco ccna . I did study but don't understand as is a six month modules.. Packet tracer is a step by step guide. If you did not study just follow, don't really understand detail lo. Personally I think my lecture is not good.

Think you better be on the ball this time round, cos will be more chim then the higher nitec ones

Cisco packet tracer, they are your most important tools to finish your projects, assignment and lab test, better learn to use it. You will be using it most of the time

as for hands on, wont be touching the real things till IP telephony module. Cos you need real ip phone, cme routers and switches to make it work

spacemarine

Reaction score
lolz
I am also Pioneer batch and going to take my cert next month.
problem now is, which good uni accept our cert?
I only know UniSim.

Are you guys coming down today? Seems like there will be a ceremony to give out the Modular Certs.

lDuckRicel

Master Member
Reaction score
Cloud Computing, Green Computing and Enterprise Networking.

Cloud Computing, basically waste of time, teach only saas, paas and iaas, just learn by heart the model of saas, paas and iaas and some example, thats all

Green Computing, also waste time, what is the 3R, about environmental that IT created and what are the steps to lessen them.

Enterprise Networking, this one siong, Is all you learn in the entire CCNA from 1st sem to now, means you have to intergrate all of them in your project

example, The project will tell you ABC company is setting up , you are the network admin, needs to setup the network and link up to its other office in other countries, Thailand, Vietnam and Japan.

So basically, you have to calculate VLSM base on the given IP Address given to you and come out with a VLSM table showing Singapore IP, Thailand IP, Vietnam IP and Japan IP.

Config Singpore IP first as it is HQ, there are 6 different dept in Singapore Side.

So What I did is, I divide 6 dept as different floor, so I have 6 different subnet of IP (Data) for each individual floor (for security), next same subnet for IP phones (Voice) for Singapore, also wireless are tapping the IPs (data) from the individual floor of different subnet (security)

Then you config the other 3 countries,

Thailand 1 subnet (data), 1 IP Phone (Voice)
Vietnam 1 subnet (data), 1 IP Phone (Voice)
Japan 1 subnet (Data, but using ipv6), 1 IP Phone (Voice)
For japan, I play cheat, as I'm using IPv4 to carry IPv6 to communicate to the rest of the countries. (Means when I put in IPv4 address inside the same RJ45 port as the IPv6 address are)

each router link to each other countries are using PPP with CHAP (Security), and your web server link is the only 1 in the DMZ (security), and is pingable from ISP to webserver and also other countries to your websever (security)

IP phones can call each other from other countires too.

So summary are, your design must have security PPP with PAP or CHAP, vtp, stp for switch, routers must either have eigrp or ospf config, DNS setting, DHCP setting

You better start forming your group and starts the VLSM calculation, if not you have not much time left to complete this huge project

My team only have 3 people including me, so good luck for this sem....:D

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
Any one knows roughly when NYP will starts this part-time diploma course application and enrollment?

Need to start preparing and save money to pay for the school fees and others needed for this course.

Thanks.

averyfatboy

Reaction score
Any one knows roughly when NYP will starts this part-time diploma course application and enrollment?

Need to start preparing and save money to pay for the school fees and others needed for this course.

Thanks.

Do update me if you know as I might be gg to take up the part time diploma too. Interested to know more

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just work in IT line.. Think I going to give up. Not easy job

losthope00

Master Member
Reaction score
Do update me if you know as I might be gg to take up the part time diploma too. Interested to know more

Thanks.

If I not wrong... intake is just once a year... it's always somewhere around oct.
I intro few friends in last yr too...
and keep a look out once in a while... opening should be around last week of Aug or Start of Sep.

Payment wise... if you have PSEA that education account... or your sis or bro has can use... I used it to pay 100%... at first I used cash then my mom called in to ask so can use...

Fee wish is around $600+ per sem.
so it's not that bad ...

Calvin.Lee

Reaction score
If I not wrong... intake is just once a year... it's always somewhere around oct.
I intro few friends in last yr too...
and keep a look out once in a while... opening should be around last week of Aug or Start of Sep.

Payment wise... if you have PSEA that education account... or your sis or bro has can use... I used it to pay 100%... at first I used cash then my mom called in to ask so can use...

Fee wish is around $600+ per sem.
so it's not that bad ...

unfortunately, I am already more than 40 years old so I do not think I have any PSEA account or neither all my brother and sister have them too. Maybe their children have it but I do not think can use for me.

I do not think that I can use CPF to pay either, CPF can only be used for Full Time diploma study only. So I think the only way for me is to pay cash.:(

losthope00

Master Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, I am already more than 40 years old so I do not think I have any PSEA account or neither all my brother and sister have them too. Maybe their children have it but I do not think can use for me.

I do not think that I can use CPF to pay either, CPF can only be used for Full Time diploma study only. So I think the only way for me is to pay cash.:(

well understand..
from now till next available date still got a few mths...
try to save it for your education.
Most importantly, dont give up half way.

losthope00

Master Member
Reaction score
http://www.ssagroup.com/_pdf/CQA_FAQ.pdf

I submitted my application on DD/MM/YY, when will I receive my CET Qualification
Award?
For valid applications made online, you can expect to receive payment within two
weeks from the submission date.
For valid applications made via hardcopy form, you can expect to receive payment by
the following month. Processing of payment for submissions made via the hardcopy
application form will generally take longer than submissions made online.

losthope00

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys... let you guys know (in case some dont know)... this cert can now apply for NUS courses...

NUS PT Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)

lDuckRicel

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys... let you guys know (in case some dont know)... this cert can now apply for NUS courses...

NUS PT Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)

Check liao leh, no IT related course leh, unless you want to change line from IT to:

1) Mechanical Eng
2) Chemical Eng
3) Electronic Eng
4) Industrial & Management (Dun koe whats that)

Its $17k, no have that much money anyway, unless someone or company going to support you.

losthope00

Master Member
Reaction score
Check liao leh, no IT related course leh, unless you want to change line from IT to:

1) Mechanical Eng
2) Chemical Eng
3) Electronic Eng
4) Industrial & Management (Dun koe whats that)

Its $17k, no have that much money anyway, unless someone or company going to support you.

but i think $17k not pay right away.
Total course should be around 4 yrs....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.