Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya...go on cheapest day better..I went on a weekday so not that bad...

I only visited the Line once and I thought it was overrated... it's worth a try if you go on the cheapest day... but if you go on the most expensive day, I think it is too pricey - unless the food is more and much better on the most expensive day.

For me, I don't particularly target any food in the buffet. I just like to see variety and enjoy a good ambience. I think I go buffet always net loss (well, net gain if you look solely at the weight :s13:)

stalin83

Reaction score
Any one try marriot cafe 1for 1 dinner before??

valid mon to wed, with uob cc...

Tks!

monk..

Master Member
Reaction score
I only visited the Line once and I thought it was overrated... it's worth a try if you go on the cheapest day... but if you go on the most expensive day, I think it is too pricey - unless the food is more and much better on the most expensive day.

For me, I don't particularly target any food in the buffet. I just like to see variety and enjoy a good ambience. I think I go buffet always net loss (well, net gain if you look solely at the weight :s13:)

Haha... Same..don't eat as much, just for gathering and the ambience.
Do you mean the line or lime??
My reply was for lime not the line.

hornbox

Master Member
Reaction score
Go during the cheapest day and use the online discount promo lor...

Does anyone know whether the senior citizen 35% discount extends to the entire table, or is it only for that 1 person?

Variety remains the same or is changed on the cheapest day?

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which is better? Marriott Cafe(Marriott Hotel) or Princess Terrace(Copthorne King's)?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which is better? Marriott Cafe(Marriott Hotel) or Princess Terrace(Copthorne King's)?

They feature very different spread wor. Marriott is international buffet, whereas Princess is more peranakan/penang spread.

Of cos in terms of ambience, variety of spread, Marriott is much better. Note that Princess's s spread dun have sashimi, carvings, breads, or cold seafood wor, but it has its strong points too.

If bring old folks, i suspect most of they might enjoy Princess more.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They feature very different spread wor. Marriott is international buffet, whereas Princess is more peranakan/penang spread.

Of cos in terms of ambience, variety of spread, Marriott is much better. Note that Princess's s spread dun have sashimi, carvings, breads, or cold seafood wor, but it has its strong points too.

If bring old folks, i suspect most of they might enjoy Princess more.

thanks, yeah bringing old folks or rather my father for fathers' day.

striker22

Reaction score
This uncle can tell you I like princess quite a fair bit, especially since I cannot eat much. I find that the limited spread there is consistently good if you like Penang/ Nonya/ local cooked food. If you prefer western, international food or want a lot of variety, King's hotel may not be what you want.

Also, it is a small place and ambience is mediocre.

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Variety remains the same or is changed on the cheapest day?

Got themes...

Spread at Princess not much wor... and some of the service staff there thinks that Staff is Queen.

If you happen to sit "outside", you may be bombarded by noise pollution. Children love to run around and play in the open area next to your sitting area.

If your father is not too particular about variety, the quality is quite alright. Can bring him there. :)

sakura vs momiji, which is better?

Do you like meat (Wagyu beef, etc.) and some seafood? If yes momiji is better - you can google for some blog reviews - some have quite a few illustrative pictures. If you drink beer, you can enjoy free Sapporo beer at 630-730pm.

Sakura - the spread and quality are not consistent across their branches... but Sakura is cheaper. The stuff served at Momiji is considered more pricey. Also, you may have only 1 dirty spoon at Sakura. If you really want another, you can only do a 1-for-1 exchange with a dirty glare back at you. Not sure whether this policy has been changed. Side note: I can never figure why Momiji places the cups at our tables instead of next to the drinks dispensers. Imagine if you sit right at the furthest end and you have to walk with n cups in n hands to get your refill. Well, you can ask for extra cups though. Momiji has senior citizen discount - if someone qualifies, it is significant saving.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only if Momiji got the snow crab legs :s13:

Otherwise Kiseki is probably a better choice IMHO :D

They have the snow crab legs as well as foc beer. I heard their sashimi, amaebi etc also still good. Just no more alaskan king crab legs :(

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They have the snow crab legs as well as foc beer. I heard their sashimi, amaebi etc also still good. Just no more alaskan king crab legs :(

Opps, should be Alaskan King Crab legs :D

Still prefer Kiseki - their 1-hour lunch suits me since I can't eat that much...pay S$28 for my sashimi craving is quite worth it :)

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got chilli snow crab at momiji till end of the month

Err, they just use snow crab legs instead of Sri Lanka crabs for their chilli crab. Somehow, the combo just dun work as well as the good ole Sri lankan chilli crab. Anyways the dish is available all along, so it's not really a highlight imo.

You went recently? Donkey told me the wagyu beef n black pork not as good as before.

techizen2

Reaction score
Err, they just use snow crab legs instead of Sri Lanka crabs for their chilli crab. Somehow, the combo just dun work as well as the good ole Sri lankan chilli crab. Anyways the dish is available all along, so it's not really a highlight imo.

Couldn't agree more. Todai's Golden Crabs tasted nice when plainly steamed but when served Chili Crab style, it just does not taste good at all.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.