Samsung GALAXY Tab S -- the next high-end AMOLED tablets

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
Recently went to IDA's Equipment Search web portal and found two not yet unveiled tablets being listed on the portal, namely the SM-T705 and SM-T805. (T705 circled in blue, while T805 circled in orange)
14l0g0k.jpg

Googled for details on that two unknown tablets and it appears to be the upcoming high-end tablets featuring the long-awaited AMOLED screens, rumored being called the Samsung Galaxy Tab S.
Source: Exclusive: Samsung GALAXY Tab S – 2560×1600 AMOLED Display, Exynos 5 Octa, Fingerprint sensor and more | SamMobile

The SM-T705 appears to be the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4-inch LTE, while the SM-T805 appears to be the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-inch LTE. Both tablets will be running Samsung's Exynos 5 Octa (5420) chip

:)

mikengtw

Reaction score
Wa new tablets coming get ready to trade my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 for this one AMOLED screen :)

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa new tablets coming get ready to trade my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 for this one AMOLED screen :)
Ya..i had Tabpro n Note 8.
Tabpro collecting dust..(not sure if pass to my child to use)...else, it would chg for this new one

auzzuro

Reaction score
guys when was Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 release huh? y so fast next version coming out so soon

abcd0_12340

Reaction score
guys when was Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 release huh? y so fast next version coming out so soon

It was announced on January 2014, together with the Tab Pro 10.1 and Note Pro 12.2.

Just a short 5 five months or so.

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like they not going use Snapdragon even for the LTE variants, terrible experience with Exynos 5420, booooo.... Stick with my LTE tab pro better..

miragez

Reaction score
Seems like they not going use Snapdragon even for the LTE variants, terrible experience with Exynos 5420, booooo.... Stick with my LTE tab pro better..

This is such a sad case, really why not SD... to make it much more perfect in the end... the always gum things weirdly and do they consider how efficient is their processor vs AMOLED or TFT or SUPER LCD. I wonder what test scenario did they use in order to choose exynos over the others ?

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is such a sad case, really why not SD... to make it much more perfect in the end... the always gum things weirdly and do they consider how efficient is their processor vs AMOLED or TFT or SUPER LCD. I wonder what test scenario did they use in order to choose exynos over the others ?

Because by using Exynos it will be much cheaper to deal with... If use Snapdragon have to pay them the fees to put their chip into the device... Something like copyright

If they really using Exynos 5420, ggwp, I'm not buying it just for the AMOLED screens... And judging by the photos, there's no USB 3.0 for high end tablet... Really Wth...

miragez

Reaction score
Because by using Exynos it will be much cheaper to deal with... If use Snapdragon have to pay them the fees to put their chip into the device... Something like copyright

If they really using Exynos 5420, ggwp, I'm not buying it just for the AMOLED screens... And judging by the photos, there's no USB 3.0 for high end tablet... Really Wth...

Nah I do not really think about their Exynos cheap, if its made by Samsung, they brand their processor expensive.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
There's a livestream event tomorrow morning, 7am(GMT+8) , unveiling the #TheNextGalaxy x #TabIntoColor on Samsung Mobile YouTube channel.
Possible unveiling of the long-awaited AMOLED Galaxy Tab S tablets..

:)

yiptw89

Master Member
Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and Galaxy Tab S 8.4 will come with two different chipset varieties. The LTE variants pack a Snapdragon 800 chipset with a 2.3GHz quad-core Krait 400 CPU, while the Wi-Fi version offers Samsung's Exynos 5 Octa chipset with a quad 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 and quad 1.9GHz Cortex-A15. All versions come with 3GB of RAM and 16GB/32GB storage flavors. There's also a microSD card slot on board, allowing for up to 128GB of additional storage.

Source: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and 8.4 specs leak - GSMArena.com news

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who is in for the 8.4?! I guess it will make it's way to SG as soon as within 2 weeks from tomorrow with RRP $798 (LTE). The grey looks good!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.