View Single Post
Old 14-06-2014, 01:52 AM   #51
weng
Arch-Supremacy Member

when i first received the es5 at the hearing centre office, i tested in front of the guy and immediately decided it was 1.5k down the drain. so much for the leap of faith. it sounded really horrible. springy, thin cheapskate sound... really is bueh tahan, and yet i have to put on a straight face in front of him, after bye bye liao then go hide one corner and cry

but since it's money already thrown in, i went through the phases... let it run... burn in etc. and after 400+ hrs, slowly i swear it's the sound that has changed and not my ears getting used to it it's a totally different iem. imo it isn't dark but we could be hearing differently anyway. it's a little warm yes, but overall it has that kind of neutrality across genres that whatever genre you throw at it, it just delivers music to your ears. classical, jazz, pop... to rock! i can listen to it forever without getting fatique or bored.

another difference in opinion is the ue11pro. i don't have the ciem though. just tried the demo and i thought in no way it's a match for es5. i find it having too much mid bass hum/bloat that smears the overall sound. treble and timbre sounded synthetic. i had the ie80 too. yeah some similar sentiment with the ue11pro... the mid bass bloat was a tad too much.

then again there are just too many variables and subjectivity. happy finding!

Last edited by weng; 14-06-2014 at 02:04 AM..
weng is offline   Reply With Quote