The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

shorty07

Reaction score
wats the price like for zeiss lens at kwong shin? my degree very low n reason i used specs is cause of astig, n it's not high either. worth to spend that extra money on zeiss? i've used crizal b4 n its not bad.

n also got any recommendations for gd brand of specs? was looking at oakley, but the crosslink doesnt suit me n the rest r pretty old models.

ChenHoNam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi specs gurus

Are crizal and essilor actually the same lens maker ?

My first spec lens is by crizal. But 2nd spec which will collect in a few days, is by essilor.

Was told that essilor is by crizal. Or somewhere along the line. Not sure if i listened wrongly.

yongjing05

Reaction score
Hi specs gurus

Are crizal and essilor actually the same lens maker ?

My first spec lens is by crizal. But 2nd spec which will collect in a few days, is by essilor.

Was told that essilor is by crizal. Or somewhere along the line. Not sure if i listened wrongly.

CRIZAL is by Essilor. It's what they call their coat

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wats the price like for zeiss lens at kwong shin? my degree very low n reason i used specs is cause of astig, n it's not high either. worth to spend that extra money on zeiss? i've used crizal b4 n its not bad.

n also got any recommendations for gd brand of specs? was looking at oakley, but the crosslink doesnt suit me n the rest r pretty old models.

slightly below retail. my degree also low...end of day is whether u willing to spend bo. cant commend how good it is because just went to order today and it takes 2 weeks...also took the leap with the duravision platinum coating. its the most expensive lens when compared with the others like nikon,hoya,essilor,seiko

s3856

Reaction score
heading to kwong shin later to make my zeiss later....zeiss photofusion seems to darken faster as compared to transisitons....and have afew choices of add ons lolz....currently using rodenstock colormatic

Went to Kwong Shin , chatted to Sandy and she quoted $290 for progressive with crizal lens.
I think is quite fair for the price as I made my progress with normal lens @ Tampinese for $450 together with Emporio Armani frame, it's expensive compared with the price to KS

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Kwong Shin , chatted to Sandy and she quoted $290 for progressive with crizal lens.
I think is quite fair for the price as I made my progress with normal lens @ Tampinese for $450 together with Emporio Armani frame, it's expensive compared with the price to KS

cool i paid 440 for my for my zeiss photofusion 1.6 with duravision platinum coating...wanted to go for individual and i.scription but after talking and trying there is not much difference for me so just went with the standard photofusion....first time i spent so much on lens haha...this lens is more exp than any of my frame and lens ever made lolz!

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh ya forgot to mentioned their staff all really dam nice...ask me slowly think about it but just hoot haha...they dun push u expensive stuff but actually ask about lifestyle and whether have any problems when currently using normal lens before recommending.....

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh ya forgot to mentioned their staff all really dam nice...ask me slowly think about it but just hoot haha...they dun push u expensive stuff but actually ask about lifestyle and whether have any problems when currently using normal lens before recommending.....

kwong shin is at where bro? and their branded frame price frame is ard how much? sorry i am pretty a brand ***** =:p=:p

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kwong shin is at where bro? and their branded frame price frame is ard how much? sorry i am pretty a brand ***** =:p=:p

kwong shin at bras basah bro. dam famous dam old liao. they carry tag heuer, oakley, japonism and many others....all can go up to 1k just for frames ;)

Last edited:

s3856

Reaction score
I think is quite fair for the price as I made my progressvee with normal lens @ Tampinese for $450 together with Emporio Armani frame, it's expensive compared with the price to KS

Think I kena carrot at Tampinese as KS told me additional $50 more I can made crizal lenes instead of normal lenes.
Ps. Was told that Hoya lens just increased their price is more expensive that crizal lenses.

Last edited:

Alpha0

Master Member
Reaction score
recently made 2 specs.
going to change every alternate days depending on my mood and attire.
both using crizal uv lens.
love them so much ! :o

ZZl6Hb0l.jpg

hCAUI41l.jpg

yxJRg0Il.jpg

wWXryQtl.jpg

:D

xfiles_wolvie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

can anyone share the differences between crizal and zeiss? which is better and for wat?

Also, i saw crizal has anti-fatigue that is for com users then they also got crizal prevencia, which filters blue light that comes from LEDs, coms, phones.

so are they the same?

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think I kena carrot at Tampinese as KS told me additional $50 more I can made crizal lenes instead of normal lenes.
Ps. Was told that Hoya lens just increased their price is more expensive that crizal lenses.

Which shop in Tampines, s3856?

Joelleyuan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moscot is made in China. Also their spear are just pasted on and not functional like the original where it holds the hinge in place. End of last year tart optical was on sale for about 300 a pop.
thanks noobzpro!!
wah suddenly part 2 & so many discussion. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.