Samsung GALAXY Tab S -- the next high-end AMOLED tablets

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whoever the hardware designer/team that was involved in the magnets on the back of Tab Pro S ought to be shipped back to design school ! :s22:

I mean, come on ... seriously !?

galaxy-tab-s-8_4_specifications.jpg

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Source: Galaxy Tab S USA start selling. Price at US$399.90.

jackkel

Reaction score
Whoever the hardware designer/team that was involved in the magnets on the back of Tab Pro S ought to be shipped back to design school ! :s22:

I mean, come on ... seriously !?

galaxy-tab-s-8_4_specifications.jpg

Not sure what you are trying to say about those magnets...

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Snapdragon 800 and USB 2.0... Not worth it imo

1. Snapdragon so far is one of the better processor around.
2. Do not think there is much data to transfer. So USB 2.0 speed is good enough.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amazon started accepting pre orders but at usd499 for 10.1" WiFi. Still high.

US$399 is for 8.4". New product is always at higher price.
Tab pro 8.4 is a good example. It only last 4 months in the market.
So if you want cheap and good. Get the last batch.

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
I found that the specs no different from tab pro 8.4 lte. By 1gb more ram, adding sensors for finger print etc..

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are trying to say about those magnets...

From a design point of view, don't you find it ugly to have 2 "dots" at the back of your device ?

Microsoft Surface tablet's magnetic connector was much better conceived.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From a design point of view, don't you find it ugly to have 2 "dots" at the back of your device ?

Microsoft Surface tablet's magnetic connector was much better conceived.
With the cover, u will not see the 2 "holes".
samsung create this holes on tab to "control" the 3rd party cover

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
US$399 is for 8.4". New product is always at higher price.
Tab pro 8.4 is a good example. It only last 4 months in the market.
So if you want cheap and good. Get the last batch.
Samsung tab 8.4 drop superb fast.
Was 600 3months++ back...n now 450++...slightly more than tab 4 8.0

hope this new model sells...else, samsung wil come out with something else..

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i hope the price of samsung tab 4 10.1 and 8.4 drop more with the launch of tab s

my note 10.1 gt-n8000 from aug 2013 digitizer broken pay 140 to replace now lcd dead not replacing until i find a cheap replacement.

thinking hard now to get a tab 4 10.1 or 8.4 whether i can get used to the smaller screen size after using a 10.1

if 8.4 drop to 300+ good for me

jungle_sg

Reaction score
i hope the price of samsung tab 4 10.1 and 8.4 drop more with the launch of tab s

my note 10.1 gt-n8000 from aug 2013 digitizer broken pay 140 to replace now lcd dead not replacing until i find a cheap replacement.

thinking hard now to get a tab 4 10.1 or 8.4 whether i can get used to the smaller screen size after using a 10.1

Already paying that! 330 after selling off the free phone!

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the cover, u will not see the 2 "holes".
samsung create this holes on tab to "control" the 3rd party cover

I know what it is for but it's an ugly implementation. And the reason (imho) why you see them is because Samsung is fixated on getting bragging rights for being "thinner" than iPad mini.

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Careful Note for potential 10.5 buyers, the bezel at both side is so narrow that you can't rest your thumb without touching the screen, bad move, Tab Pro 10.1 has the ideal width of bezel imo

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you a "naked" or "protection" user ? :s13:

If "protection", wouldn't matter if it were handiplus or hansaplus =:p

I always use tablet without any cases, only glass SP, that ugly design of magnetic dots for Smart covers are a flaw to me, and again that super ugly handiplus design, no wonder the head of design got fired.

Now I finger grossed my Note 4 won't be like that...

miragez

Reaction score
I always use tablet without any cases, only glass SP, that ugly design of magnetic dots for Smart covers are a flaw to me, and again that super ugly handiplus design, no wonder the head of design got fired.

Now I finger grossed my Note 4 won't be like that...

Careful Note for potential 10.5 buyers, the bezel at both side is so narrow that you can't rest your thumb without touching the screen, bad move, Tab Pro 10.1 has the ideal width of bezel imo

Most possibility the note 4 will attempt that as it makes their device slimmer than all the other variant so far. It's like many of the brand still fighting to get the shave down the thickness that to me is no longer thick. Have they consider the heat emitting issues, the thinner it gets the more we will feel the heat from the back.

I put on a case for my tab pro 8.4, with glass sp and another sleeves for easier carrying in any bags. I feel much safer.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know what it is for but it's an ugly implementation. And the reason (imho) why you see them is because Samsung is fixated on getting bragging rights for being "thinner" than iPad mini.

When it get thinner. It is easier to use a holes to "latch" the bookcase vs snap on.

miragez

Reaction score

The price drop would happen too soon, especially with the free gifts. It's already a good bargain between consumer and retailer. I am wondering where their tab s going to lies on, it maybe cheaper than tab pro series ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.