sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any good shop in Tampiners to do Zeiss Progressive Superb Lens with
photofusion?

yeswecan

Reaction score
Any idea where to get the exact same specs as shown below. I like how round it really is!! Thanks in advance!

il_430xN.140593847.jpg

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
wah sian, went down to qws to collect my so call zeiss transition. no engraving, and the authenticity card, is a generic card for zeiss, ao and sola, which are under zeiss vision care group. the generic card has transition logo tho

optician keep convincing me the lens are genuine zeiss, and after cutting to fit the frame, engraving is gone. when i asked about the authenticity card, he cant answer it but keep saying, this is genuine.

then another optician in the stall, saw me having doubts about the lens, told me will call the lab tmr and ask why the card is a generic one and no engraving.

luckily i didnt pay full, haiz....

any kind soul can confirm that zeiss transition indeed will have engraving and the guarantee card will have details of your prescription and not jus a generic card?

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah sian, went down to qws to collect my so call zeiss transition. no engraving, and the authenticity card, is a generic card for zeiss, ao and sola, which are under zeiss vision care group. the generic card has transition logo tho

optician keep convincing me the lens are genuine zeiss, and after cutting to fit the frame, engraving is gone. when i asked about the authenticity card, he cant answer it but keep saying, this is genuine.

then another optician in the stall, saw me having doubts about the lens, told me will call the lab tmr and ask why the card is a generic one and no engraving.

luckily i didnt pay full, haiz....

any kind soul can confirm that zeiss transition indeed will have engraving and the guarantee card will have details of your prescription and not jus a generic card?

Bro all Zeiss cfm will have engraving but zeiss did state might be cut off when cutting the lens. Though I do know some shops sends frames to zeiss for them to cut and insert instead of shop doing. Zeiss have 2 type of selftinting lens transition and photofusion..And transitions is more expensive. What price did u pay for yours. Photofusion 1.6 is 450, transitions is 500 iirc.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gcard.jpg

the authenticity card should be something like this not sure if they have changed. tomorrow or friday will update you when i receive mine

Last edited:

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
Bro all Zeiss cfm will have engraving but zeiss did state might be cut off when cutting the lens. Though I do know some shops sends frames to zeiss for them to cut and insert instead of shop doing. Zeiss have 2 type of selftinting lens transition and photofusion..And transitions is more expensive. What price did u pay for yours. Photofusion 1.6 is 450, transitions is 500 iirc.

i am getting the 1.5 transition.

the price quoted, is 40% of what u mentioned. didnt think so much when i was at the shop ordering my lens. a day after i ordered mine, i started to having this thinking that it will be impossible for the shop to deliver a genuine zeiss transition.

the optician told me, 140 for AO, 180 for essilor and add another 10 for zeiss. at the point of time, i just thought wu hua ma, top up 50 bucks upgrade from AO to Zeiss. haiz... can only blame it on my own greed lo.

i suspect they might be giving me sola lens. since ao sola and zeiss are all under 1 group.

I will wait for the shop to call me tmr and see what they are going to say.

I told them the authenticity card with all prescription details printed should be the least to prove that the lenses are genuine if the engraving is gonna be cut off. I was there at the shop but I rejected the lens.

btw, they sent in my frame for lens cutting. as they were saying zeiss lenses are too delicate for them to handle themselves...

DaRkXiDe

Master Member
Reaction score
i am getting the 1.5 transition.

the price quoted, is 40% of what u mentioned. didnt think so much when i was at the shop ordering my lens. a day after i ordered mine, i started to having this thinking that it will be impossible for the shop to deliver a genuine zeiss transition.

the optician told me, 140 for AO, 180 for essilor and add another 10 for zeiss. at the point of time, i just thought wu hua ma, top up 50 bucks upgrade from AO to Zeiss. haiz... can only blame it on my own greed lo.

i suspect they might be giving me sola lens. since ao sola and zeiss are all under 1 group.

I will wait for the shop to call me tmr and see what they are going to say.

I told them the authenticity card with all prescription details printed should be the least to prove that the lenses are genuine if the engraving is gonna be cut off. I was there at the shop but I rejected the lens.

btw, they sent in my frame for lens cutting. as they were saying zeiss lenses are too delicate for them to handle themselves...

Relax man! I'm sure they won't give you the wrong lens and risk their shop reputation. Next time just request for the logo to be on the lens.

joshuatan1984

Reaction score
Relax man! I'm sure they won't give you the wrong lens and risk their shop reputation. Next time just request for the logo to be on the lens.

lol..thanks man...jus 200 bucks for zeiss is too good to be true...paranoid...

and it is at queensway shopping, browse thru part one, and saw other forumers' comment about shops over there...:s22:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
great taste ah seannie..........

problem ish ahboy u neber believe in me ah... crosslink sweep got many colours, the red one should suit yur office wear, the rest of the colors too bright.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10441442_10152366998237935_9145108240243618481_n.jpg

Woot after 1.5 week finally arrived. Packed in this zeiss box. My lens both side have the Z engraving will try to take a photo.

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
10255430_10152367005367935_2514563130947900709_n.jpg

Ok this is the best i could take. using 2 phones lolz....both side has it at different location due to the offset. Came in a zeiss ziplock bag inside, with a cleaning cloth, 1 gurantee certificate and 1 hard card with details of the lens, serial number and place where you got it from all in a name card holder.

10462719_10152367022877935_1108238213827547108_n.jpg

Honey Amber

Last edited:

fuzleh

Reaction score
10255430_10152367005367935_2514563130947900709_n.jpg

Ok this is the best i could take. using 2 phones lolz....both side has it at different location due to the offset. Came in a zeiss ziplock bag inside, with a cleaning cloth, 1 gurantee certificate and 1 hard card with details of the lens, serial number and place where you got it from all in a name card holder.

10462719_10152367022877935_1108238213827547108_n.jpg

Honey Amber

total damage?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.