Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i see. you go 1st and FR this CC5 leh :). it's MIM right? mine 175/65/14. i only changing end of yr.

Cc5 is MIM. Stated on the wheels itself

Went to swee hing and change my tyres. It's opposite e hawk Tayar at taman sentosa

Tyres r rm220 each for my 195/50 r15. Made in week 48, 2013. Include balancing and wheel alignment. They took my car for a test drive twice. Not sure if that's e usual practice though

Changed from Bridgestone pontenza tires which was noisy.

Tyres feel good. (Which new tyres doesn't?) below 40km/h, there's abt 80% reduction in road noise (especially going over those school zone). Going over rough patches in the e'way and I feel the road noise was reduced by abt 50%

Fuel consumption wise, no comments yet. But I felt more inclined to push the accelerator harder coz with new tyres, it just accelerate easier.

Compared to a set of toyo tyres which I changed for my ex ride, i feel it's almost identical for road noise. Comfort wise, definitely better than my pontenza (already a 3 yr old tyres)

Haven tried in wet condition yet. But for rm220 (sgd88 based on exchange 2.50), I feel it's pretty good

Probably gonna try the Michelin xm2 on my nx ride. Let's c how it goes.

fibojello

Reaction score
How much does 225/45/r17 tyres cost. Falken or other cheap brands.

How about springs and shocks. Can hawk tayar fix these problems?

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much does 225/45/r17 tyres cost. Falken or other cheap brands.

How about springs and shocks. Can hawk tayar fix these problems?

haven been to hawk tayar before so no comments.

as for swee hing, they carry dunlop tires. rm180 for the same profile as mine

in the end, i still stick to cc5, even though my COE ending in less than 1.5 years

SillyMe07

Reaction score
Hello. I got problem with my horn. Lucky Tee Gong bo bi, so far so gd. Got quotation from local workshop to change wire circuit of the horn for 320. Reasonable not ar? If go jb, which workshop more trust worthy in your opinion? Thank you~~~~

I drive nissan sylphy

ralfale

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This? How's the pricing for a alignment job?
I went hawk tyer for manual human alignment and it's still not straight :(

Hypertune Garage (M) Sdn. Bhd.

Car Repair and Maintenance

No. 58, Jalan Permas 9/2, Bandar Baru Permas Jaya, Johor, 81750 Masai, Malaysia

+60 7-388 9813

Last edited:

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
Just did my servicing and replacement of parts with Jet auto
A Honest and friendly chap i must say, when i met him, he drive my 07 Fit around the place to find out the problem of my car.
We had a chat in the Car, he say that he's with KAH Motor for 6 years, and quit because he find it very xiong to go in and out of custom everyday.
At 1st i abit worry about puting my car in his care while i go do my thing, but he assure me that's its ok, as he will be jacking the car high up, and mention that most of his customer put the car in his ws and went fishing.
So i put the purge and leave the car to him, while he ask his brother to drive me to near by the store to watch movie or do some shopping.

for the price of the service, we had already agreed on the price of things to change in whatapps, his number remain unchange
before commencing on the job when Jet look through my parts, he say an idle valve, i told him i need it to solve my vibration problem, he say dont need, just replace mounting will do.
instead of straight away n go ahead to change and charge me for a fee to do the job, he ask me to ask for refund from the stock list.
here's the list of job i ask him to do

do coolant flush
change gear box oil - i give you my HMMF oil
change 2 behind shock absorber - i give parts
change all engine mounting - parts i provide
Change fan belt - parts i provide
Change Brake oil

Total work took more than 4 hours, and he really give me a very good price, which i feel abit Pai seh also.

And i promise to spread his good words around.
anyway he also have lobang and shares with other WS which do accessories and grooming, if you need any of these, you and go through him and the WS can give you a good price on that.

before its his shopfront and name card, do make a call before going down, when i was there, there was a oby coming in later, heng i was 1st to reach there so he gg wait for me lol.
20150308085102.jpg

20150308085114.jpg

shop front
10916403_10155302895275187_6880368828035113200_o.jpg

yanbros

Master Member
Reaction score
Just did my servicing and replacement of parts with Jet auto
A Honest and friendly chap i must say, when i met him, he drive my 07 Fit around the place to find out the problem of my car.
We had a chat in the Car, he say that he's with KAH Motor for 6 years, and quit because he find it very xiong to go in and out of custom everyday.
At 1st i abit worry about puting my car in his care while i go do my thing, but he assure me that's its ok, as he will be jacking the car high up, and mention that most of his customer put the car in his ws and went fishing.
So i put the purge and leave the car to him, while he ask his brother to drive me to near by the store to watch movie or do some shopping.

for the price of the service, we had already agreed on the price of things to change in whatapps, his number remain unchange
before commencing on the job when Jet look through my parts, he say an idle valve, i told him i need it to solve my vibration problem, he say dont need, just replace mounting will do.
instead of straight away n go ahead to change and charge me for a fee to do the job, he ask me to ask for refund from the stock list.
here's the list of job i ask him to do

do coolant flush
change gear box oil - i give you my HMMF oil
change 2 behind shock absorber - i give parts
change all engine mounting - parts i provide
Change fan belt - parts i provide
Change Brake oil

Total work took more than 4 hours, and he really give me a very good price, which i feel abit Pai seh also.

And i promise to spread his good words around.
anyway he also have lobang and shares with other WS which do accessories and grooming, if you need any of these, you and go through him and the WS can give you a good price on that.

before its his shopfront and name card, do make a call before going down, when i was there, there was a oby coming in later, heng i was 1st to reach there so he gg wait for me lol.
20150308085102.jpg

20150308085114.jpg

shop front
10916403_10155302895275187_6880368828035113200_o.jpg

PLease share price. Thanks.

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
450m for everything he drop in free chemical wash for the cooling coil. Pls confrim price b4 u go in.

pointman2009

Reaction score
Serviced my CR-V at Jet Cheng workshop for the first time last Sat.

Whatsapp him at 10am, agreed on price based on my list to change and headed down straight.

Bought my own parts earlier from local stockist, so had him change my engine oil, oil filter, aircon filter, fix minor power steering pump leak, front brakes service, and radiator coil chemical cleaning.

Overall very knowledgeable with my car issues from what I can tell (saw only Hondas in his shop btw), friendly service and price charged was very reasonable.

Will be heading there from now on for my CR-V servicing etc. Need to replace my suspension bushings next and get my alignment done, maybe going next Sat if anyone wanna join me? Just PM

Thanks to bro who posted his name card here to share.

Last edited:

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
Be sure to hide your parts well when entering jb custom, or will kena tax 9696

pointman2009

Reaction score
anyone can recommend a body repair and spray painting shop?

Haha no need to hide, or pay.. Just tell tax officer you don't want to pay import tax and want to u-turn back to singapore.

Been there, done that.

Wait an hour, go in and clear through green channel lol

sinicker

Master Member
Reaction score
yes, Jet is a nice guy. went in to service last June. two Honda Fit, a friend and myself, headed in.

i did the following.

change engine oil + filter, own engine oil and filter.
change CVTF, own CVTF.
change coolant, own coolant.
change air and cabin filter, own air and cabin filter.

RM80.

jumpmanz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went in thurs night before the midnight big jam.
jb side entering and exiting all open boot and check. suddenly very on.

heard some bros went in 5-8am tio 3/4 tank rule by our customs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.