Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxicoolservices

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello Crankcase

There limited brands with system 5 in the market.

2 brands that comes with System 5 models are Daikin (5MKS100LSG) and Toshiba (RAS5M41UACV).

However, the outdoor condensing unit is usually very big in dimension hence it would be the best to do some measurement before you proceed with purchase so as to ensure that it can fit into your window opening and ensure that the height of the condenser will not cause a blockage when you open your windows.

Another thing to consider will be to check the running amp for these models to ensure that it can be supported by the power limitation for your unit.
Usually system 5 is not used for HDB. Check with the stores or your appointed installers and they will be in a better position to advise.

You might want to consider 1 x System 3 + 1 x System 2 instead or 1 x system 4 + 1 x system 1.

Chances are if your unit is the old hdb as mentioned in your other posting, 2 condensers might not be allowed. Best to make a check with hdb and they will be able to advise.

Good Luck on your sourcing.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi, I'm looking for a System 5 inverter setup for my flat, but all the retailers I called (Courts, Best Denki, Harvey Norman, Gain City, etc) deal only with System 4 at most.

Any recommendations on which brands/models are available for System 5, and where to buy?

Thanks!

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
HDB only allow for 8.5A, how dose bigger capacity?
Once lock at 8.5A for total input watt would be reduce a lot of higher capacity of BTU

crankcase

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the info and advice! The previous owner actually installed a System 3 for the bedrooms, but there's no aircon in the living/dining area. Since this is a largish space, I want to install 2 fan units. Checking with HDB now to see if we can install a second compressor for a System 2. Otherwise we'll be limited to a System 5 (assuming that can be supported).

Would you happen to know who deals with these System 5 models you mentioned? Like I said, the retailers I spoke with all said "no System 5". So any alternative contacts would be great.

Thanks!

Hello Crankcase

There limited brands with system 5 in the market.

2 brands that comes with System 5 models are Daikin (5MKS100LSG) and Toshiba (RAS5M41UACV).

However, the outdoor condensing unit is usually very big in dimension hence it would be the best to do some measurement before you proceed with purchase so as to ensure that it can fit into your window opening and ensure that the height of the condenser will not cause a blockage when you open your windows.

Another thing to consider will be to check the running amp for these models to ensure that it can be supported by the power limitation for your unit.
Usually system 5 is not used for HDB. Check with the stores or your appointed installers and they will be in a better position to advise.

You might want to consider 1 x System 3 + 1 x System 2 instead or 1 x system 4 + 1 x system 1.

Chances are if your unit is the old hdb as mentioned in your other posting, 2 condensers might not be allowed. Best to make a check with hdb and they will be able to advise.

Good Luck on your sourcing.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Aaron_soh80

Banned
Reaction score
As above... looking into air conditioning 3 bedrooms and the living room.. my contractor quoted me $3.7k for a 4:1(2 compressors inside) toshiba system with inverter.

is it expensive?

any lobang/recommendations?

is daikin or mitsubishi better?

cheap lay.. juz take ur contractor offer..

mugen80

Reaction score
Had a very bad experience with C.T aircon. Installed my Mitsubishi system 3 from them on 30/06/2014.

Purposely took a day leave on the day of installation which they promise to come at 10am. Instead, they called at 11am to say they will only come at 1pm. So no choice had to wait.

The whole installation took about 9hrs which only ended at 10+pm. Luckily it was done up.

Then after one week, on 6th July, noticed my master bedroom floor got a puddle of water. Realised that the leak was from the concealed trunking when the pipes are concealed and my wall was wet as well. Was surprised that it actually leaked only after one week.

Called them the next morning and explained the problem to them and asked to send their technician over to see. Was told they are only able to attend on earliest 21st July at 6-7pm. I was quite disappointed by their answer but no choice have to wait for two more weeks.

Then on 21st July, I purposely left my office to make myself available at home before 6pm in anticipation the technicians would turn up on time for the appointment and didn't even had my dinner. But to my disappointment, waited and waited no one called nor any technician turned up.

Feeling really pissed, I called their office the next morning to look for the lady who arranged my appointment on why no one called nor turn up as per her arrangements. Instead of apologizing, she even questioned me they didn't up? And told me why didn't I call yesterday to confirm the appointment? WTH, the date and time was arranged by them and they should be the one calling to remind or inform me.

Then, arranged another appointment today evening at 6-7pm for me again. As usual, I rushed home before 6pm to wait for them. No one turned up till 7.30pm I called their office. Another lady answered and told me their technician are on the way. I waited and didn't even dare to go out for my dinner. Guess what? They only arrived at 8.45pm and when I asked their technician why so late? One of them gave me an attitude and spoke to me rudely.

I showed them the leaking area. They opened up the pipe trunking and ask me for newspaper. Thought they are going to cover my cabinet to prevent them from getting wet.

Instead, the technician wanna squeeze the newspaper over the piping. I questioned him why is he doing that? He asked me do I only on one aircon every night. I say yes. He told thats why it leak and say it's normal. WTH.. So I asked him if buy system 3 I must on all three aircon so won't leak? Makes no logic at all. Trusted them to say such things and by squeezing the newspaper to cover the insulated pipes really makes them so unprofessional.

After saying that, I told him I don't want any newspaper to be squeeze into the insulated pipes since the pipes are are wet and water dripping. The newspaper will be wet and get contaminated in the concealed trunking. He gave me a fxxk up face and attitude and just cover back the trunking and just left.

Really very disappointed in their services. Is there any ways that I can lodge an complaint against them? Does lemon law apply since it's only installed for three weeks?

Hope to seek advices here.

Thanks

Last edited:

linusz

Master Member
Reaction score
Had a very bad experience with C.T aircon. Installed my Mitsubishi system 3 from them on 30/06/2014.

Purposely took a day leave on the day of installation which they promise to come at 10am. Instead, they called at 11am to say they will only come at 1pm. So no choice had to wait.

The whole installation took about 9hrs which only ended at 10+pm. Luckily it was done up.

Then after one week, on 6th July, noticed my master bedroom floor got a puddle of water. Realised that the leak was from the concealed trunking when the pipes are concealed and my wall was wet as well. Was surprised that it actually leaked only after one week.

Called them the next morning and explained the problem to them and asked to send their technician over to see. Was told they are only able to attend on earliest 21st July at 6-7pm. I was quite disappointed by their answer but no choice have to wait for two more weeks.

Then on 21st July, I purposely left my office to make myself available at home before 6pm in anticipation the technicians would turn up on time for the appointment and didn't even had my dinner. But to my disappointment, waited and waited no one called nor any technician turned up.

Feeling really pissed, I called their office the next morning to look for the lady who arranged my appointment on why no one called nor turn up as per her arrangements. Instead of apologizing, she even questioned me they didn't up? And told me why didn't I call yesterday to confirm the appointment? WTH, the date and time was arranged by them and they should be the one calling to remind or inform me.

Then, arranged another appointment today evening at 6-7pm for me again. As usual, I rushed home before 6pm to wait for them. No one turned up till 7.30pm I called their office. Another lady answered and told me their technician are on the way. I waited and didn't even dare to go out for my dinner. Guess what? They only arrived at 8.45pm and when I asked their technician why so late? One of them gave me an attitude and spoke to me rudely.

I showed them the leaking area. They opened up the pipe trunking and ask me for newspaper. Thought they are going to cover my cabinet to prevent them from getting wet.

Instead, the technician wanna squeeze the newspaper over the piping. I questioned him why is he doing that? He asked me do I only on one aircon every night. I say yes. He told thats why it leak and say it's normal. WTH.. So I asked him if buy system 3 I must on all three aircon so won't leak? Makes no logic at all. Trusted them to say such things and by squeezing the newspaper to cover the insulated pipes really makes them so unprofessional.

After saying that, I told him I don't want any newspaper to be squeeze into the insulated pipes since the pipes are are wet and water dripping. The newspaper will be wet and get contaminated in the concealed trunking. He gave me a fxxk up face and attitude and just cover back the trunking and just left.

Really very disappointed in their services. Is there any ways that I can lodge an complaint against them? Does lemon law apply since it's only installed for three weeks?

Hope to seek advices here.

Thanks

Go for case. Our small claims. My place was set up by ct too. The installer was not too bad. Was from another mass retailer but join them due to some unhappiness.
My place had gap in the external unit wall. They didn't patch back properly. Had to get my own contractor to do it.

Think got 1 year on workmanship

alvismah

Reaction score
hi all, not sure is it the right place to ask. i got a portable aircon and need to install the ventilation hose for push out window. i got the hose kit. but need help in installing it. anyone can recommend me contact ?

Ramaswamy

Reaction score
Greetings :)

Experts, please help.

I wanted to buy Air-con System 3 and visited couple of shops and confused.

I want to install in 3 rooms. Most likely I turn on only two air-cons as third room is a guest room.

Typical usage is as follows.

Master room (3.3 x 4.2 meter), On between 11.30 pm to 6 am
Bedroom 2(3.3 x 4.2 meter), On between 8 pm to 5.30 am
Bedroom 3(4.0 x 4.2 meter). Seldom on. May be monthly once.

1) What is full load?
2) What is part load?
3) I want to buy ME Starmex but Sales man suggested MHI. He says MHI is new and low power consumption compare to ME which is 8 year old technology. I looked at energy star and but confused

ME
Full Load:2.18
Part Load:0.72
Cooling capacity 7.31 Kw

MHI
Full Load:1.48
Part Load:0.58
Cooling Capacity:6.19 Kw

Since the cooling capacity for Both Aircon is different, How to determine? If Cooling Capacity of MHI is increased to 7.31 kw then what will be the Full Load and Part Load of MHI Air-Con? Can some one help me to understand?

4) MHI - Is Auto cleaning but ME is manual cleaning which we can open and clean. How critical is this feature? What you recommend?

5) Anyone have experience with Midea? Is it reliable? How about cooling ?

Thank you in advance :) for your help.

terumo

Reaction score
To Ramaswamy,

Greetings

Experts, please help.

I wanted to buy Air-con System 3 and visited couple of shops and confused.

I want to install in 3 rooms. Most likely I turn on only two air-cons as third room is a guest room.

Typical usage is as follows.

Master room (3.3 x 4.2 meter), On between 11.30 pm to 6 am
Bedroom 2(3.3 x 4.2 meter), On between 8 pm to 5.30 am
Bedroom 3(4.0 x 4.2 meter). Seldom on. May be monthly once.
All 3 rooms, 9k btu will be sufficient.

1) What is full load? Full load is when the compressor is running @ 100% capacity. (When on all 3 units)
2) What is part load? Part load is when the compressor is running @ 50% capacity. (When on 1-2 units)
3) I want to buy ME Starmex but Sales man suggested MHI. He says MHI is new and low power consumption compare to ME which is 8 year old technology. I looked at energy star and but confused

ME
Full Load:2.18
Part Load:0.72
Cooling capacity 7.31 Kw

MHI
Full Load:1.48
Part Load:0.58
Cooling Capacity:6.19 Kw

Since the cooling capacity for Both Aircon is different, How to determine? If Cooling Capacity of MHI is increased to 7.31 kw then what will be the Full Load and Part Load of MHI Air-Con? Can some one help me to understand?

ME full load is higher as their KW output is higher, MHI has a lower KW output thus load rating is lower.
Each bedroom fcu is 2.5KW, 3 is 7.5KW, Thus ME compressor is balanced, but for MHI, the compressor KW is only 6.19KW, the total btu output is smaller then ME.
But does not affect u, as u seldom on all 3 units @ the same time.

4) MHI - Is Auto cleaning but ME is manual cleaning which we can open and clean. How critical is this feature? What you recommend?
Not important. (IMO)

5) Anyone have experience with Midea? Is it reliable? How about cooling ?
Not recommended (IMO)

Thank you in advance for your help.

terumo

Reaction score
To mugen80,

U can call the agent to verify 1st before lodging any complaint as its under warranty.
Get the agent to determine whether its an installation or equipment fault 1st.

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi expert, is it advisable for a 4 room flat System 4 aircon to have 2 compressors ?

p0236948

Reaction score
Hi

would anyone recommend STL, firstclass, aircondesign or coolserve? anyone able to share your expierence with them? thanks

sien78

Reaction score
Need some advise from expert here.
My house currently has system 2 for 2 bedroom, now I want to have one for living room.
My living rm is 5.6mx5.9m, which type of aircon should I go for?
1. Change to system 3?
2. Encasement?
3. Portable aircon? I saw this portable aircon at expo show, tcl brand tac20cpad 20kbtu. Is it good enough for my living room?

Thanks.

melvinl

Reaction score
ME or MHI??

Hi Terumo

Which aircon is better for single spilt for master bedroom?? ME (MSY-GE10VA) or MHI (SRK10YL-S)??

What is the difference between ME and MHI, as the sales person from GC mention that ME aircon are old models.

Thanks..

Soberstarz

Reaction score
Review on air con

Hi any user of hitachi sys 3 air con user. Juz bought at gc... Need to gather review on this brand as I don't really see it on the forum

Baggio10

Reaction score
ao you guys have any good air con company to recommend?
Planning to buy mitsubishi starmex system 4

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys im planning to get A system 3 inverter mitsubishi electric real soon. Which shop should i go for? Coolserve, STL Air Con or Gain City. I live in the west and Gain City is the nearest at IMM. Will it be worth my while to travel to the east to check out the other two?

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Midea is chn brand..cheaper but nt best energy saving..i dun go for gc or big electronic companies...recently 5days ago just install ulu brand fr aircon design...so far no issue...do ask n compare more abt energy saving spec.powr point 150,bracket 150..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.