Nvidia Shield Gaming Tablet

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Evilmerlin

Reaction score
If it comes with the stylus and is as good as a Wacom, I will seriously consider this.

zzcalvin123

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone gunning for this?

Nvidia to launch 8

Looks pretty good for the price, and specs is one of the best out there in the sea of tablets.

Using the below link to a Xiaomi Mi Pad review, you can get a rough idea how powerful the K1 is, though the power consumption is also the highest, which I think should last reasonably well in a tablet.

Xiaomi Mi Pad 7.9 Android Tablet Review - Utilizing NVIDIA Tegra K1 SoC | PC Perspective

looks good may consider if it come to singapore.

k0g3pAn

Reaction score
yeah man this tablet caught my eye too, butttt, get ready for a hefty investment, an upward of USD500(SGD620) investment if your are getting the LTE version USD399, with one controller USD59 and the flip case USD39, or USD400(SGD490) for the Wifi version... you could buy a PS4 with the LTE version bundle...

xXshad0wXx

Reaction score
the previous version of the shield wasnt sold in sg so i doubt this will be sold here either?

es0teric

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I always find android device have limitation. Best if this is in Windows full OS with at least 10.1 inch

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nvidia was only targeting US market back then. I believe the only way to get it is through Amazon/ Newegg, through a forwarder service.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah man this tablet caught my eye too, butttt, get ready for a hefty investment, an upward of USD500(SGD620) investment if your are getting the LTE version USD399, with one controller USD59 and the flip case USD39, or USD400(SGD490) for the Wifi version... you could buy a PS4 with the LTE version bundle...

Personally, I think getting the tablet with the controller is good enough. Cover is not really as useful. I have been using my Nexus 7 without a cover for almost a year with no problem.

zzcalvin123

Reaction score
maybe more powerful tablets will be comeing out by the end of the year with snapdragon 805 etc but will keeping a look out for this tablet if it comes to sg market.

knightshaz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
even tegra note hard to come by locally with only the HP version available which gets android updates far slower than other tegra note oems

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maybe more powerful tablets will be comeing out by the end of the year with snapdragon 805 etc but will keeping a look out for this tablet if it comes to sg market.

That is true, but I think the Kepler GPU in the K1 certainly is very good at the moment. Of course the downside is the high power consumption shown in the review.

Plus, I think Nvidia is running stock Android OS. So no funny skins/UI that will likely cause performance overheads.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the front facing speakers will be great for gaming for this tablet.

Won't bank on the stereo speakers to be honest. Given the size of the speakers, I personally think you will be better of with earphones or headset if you are sitting near the tablet to game. ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.