Nvidia Shield Gaming Tablet

charliesia17

Reaction score
Does anyone here experiencing the same issue as the one in US crack on the side and wifi problem? On nvidia tablet?

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope the case will be available soon in Singapore...
Will be using sleeve in the meantime.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much for the controller? Pls send me PM.
Also still no sign of the case?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Nvidia under supply this tablet, and as a result, the prices got bumped up from USD 299. I think I can wait and see for the time being while waiting to see what Apple have up their sleeve at the same time. :D

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
I think Nvidia under supply this tablet, and as a result, the prices got bumped up from USD 299. I think I can wait and see for the time being while waiting to see what Apple have up their sleeve at the same time. :D

Waiting for Apple !!! Wat they will do - add Touch ID :D

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After using the Shield for one week...more observations after I get to use it more.
(Positive)
-As a gaming and movie watching tablet,it rocks.love the HDMI out.
- speakers are good.
- Tegra effects on games are obvious. Better textures,effects and lightings.
- ability to dump apps to sdcards is good! But everytime the desktop crashes, the app will disappear. A reboot will bring it back :(
- if u stream games, u can use the joypad playing games on ur PC!! Tried that with my Moga hero. It rocks. Moga now works on PC indirectly.

(Negative)
- screen is quite bad. Maybe I have the S5 Prime, iPad mini Retina. Colours are noticeably washed out and my eyes (spoilt bty qhd, can see pixels!)
- gets hot.
- not suitable for reading ebooks, webpages. IPad Mini R is more suitable. Even my previous Xiaomi Mipad wins this category.
- Battery life is not as good as I expect.
- WiFi reception is weak. I tested against my other devices, speed takes a hit. Maybe its a firmware issue to be corrected next time.
* because of this web browsing is a chore sometimes. Waiting for loading,etc. IPad Mini R is so smooth!!

Unless, you are really into gaming, the Shield is so so.
If you are coming over from any hires tablets like mipad,iPad Mini R, pls don't!!

Last edited:

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After using the Shield for one week...more observations after I get to use it more.
(Positive)
-As a gaming and movie watching tablet,it rocks.love the HDMI out.
- speakers are good.
- Tegra effects on games are obvious. Better textures,effects and lightings.
- ability to dump apps to sdcards is good! But everytime the desktop crashes, the app will disappear. A reboot will bring it back :(
- if u stream games, u can use the joypad playing games on ur PC!! Tried that with my Moga hero. It rocks. Moga now works on PC indirectly.

(Negative)
- screen is quite bad. Maybe I have the S5 Prime, iPad mini Retina. Colours are noticeably washed out and my eyes (spoilt bty qhd, can see pixels!)
- gets hot.
- not suitable for reading ebooks, webpages. IPad Mini R is more suitable. Even my previous Xiaomi Mipad wins this category.
- Battery life is not as good as I expect.
- WiFi reception is weak. I tested against my other devices, speed takes a hit. Maybe its a firmware issue to be corrected next time.

Unless, you are really into gaming, the Shield is so so.
If you are coming over from any hires tablets like mipad,iPad Mini R, pls don't!!
The k1 hardware is only for gaming.
like u had mentioned, the pixel thing (or some screen techno) might turn off previous tab user.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, it can be used as a normal tablet but experience is not good. :)
Trust me, I own so many of them before.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe u...u chg your unit v freq as well.
I had a music vid play across my tab s, mipad, ipad, tab pro....all looks pale compare to tab s.

cant imagine when a 550ppi tablet is made....
today as phine (5"++), still too small to see BIG difference.

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score

agree, I have used better screens, ipad mini retina, Xperia Tab Z, Z2 - they are better than this.
One more problem - charging takes tooo long !!!

WiFi problem has been resolved after the latest firmware upgrade !!

BUT FOR GAMING THERE IS NO MATCH

Last edited:

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After using my mipad for weeks I finally switch to tab s dunno y. Think my shield I use for games haha.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.