Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (NO WTS/WTB)

spiez1

Reaction score
Showdown: Sony Z3 Compact vs LG G3 Beat vs Samsung S5 Mini vs HTC Mini 2 - Good Gear Guide by PC World Australia

'Samsung, HTC and LG have made budget, watered-down versions of their flagship smartphones. The Galaxy S5 Mini, One Mini 2 and G3 Beat are all good smartphones in their own right, but they pale in value compared to the Xperia Z3 Compact.

Sony’s compact smartphone offers the company’s best technologies, only in a form factor that’s easier to use everyday. Of all the miniature smartphones, Sony’s is the only one that could compete — not only with cheapened mini phones — but full fledged flagships.'

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Showdown: Sony Z3 Compact vs LG G3 Beat vs Samsung S5 Mini vs HTC Mini 2 - Good Gear Guide by PC World Australia

'Samsung, HTC and LG have made budget, watered-down versions of their flagship smartphones. The Galaxy S5 Mini, One Mini 2 and G3 Beat are all good smartphones in their own right, but they pale in value compared to the Xperia Z3 Compact.

Sony’s compact smartphone offers the company’s best technologies, only in a form factor that’s easier to use everyday. Of all the miniature smartphones, Sony’s is the only one that could compete — not only with cheapened mini phones — but full fledged flagships.'

Well done again Sony!!

hueman

Reaction score
IPhone 6 is yet another 'miniature' competitor which is not 'watered down'

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IPhone 6 is yet another 'miniature' competitor which is not 'watered down'

Aside from the software as android and ios is different platform, Z3C is already standing head and shoulders over the newest fruit phone with its battery capacity.

No matter how much battery saving features any phone have, talk time and standby time will tell the differences.

cutebeng

Reaction score
guys, since most of u r sony users, will z3 compact have good resale value in the future?

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, since most of u r sony users, will z3 compact have good resale value in the future?

I can only say no android phones have good resale value, unless it is those gimmicky gold or crystal made phones, which is actually the materials that are worthwhile.

alienjeffman

Reaction score
This PS4 Remote Play is really a game changer!

Seems like just a gimmick... unless you are in a scenario when you playing on the big screen and someone wants to watch TV, and you want to continue your game.. lol

And with a suction pad to hold the phone, that means you can't use a case or the case has to be flat and smooth at the back.

Dunno why Sony likes to make gimmicky stuff that normal folks won't really use. *cough*smartband*cough*

But I must say that their mobile phones are getting better, even though along the way there were a lot of bumps. I really like this Z3 compact design. It's plastic, but premium material doesn't necessarily mean better quality!

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like just a gimmick... unless you are in a scenario when you playing on the big screen and someone wants to watch TV, and you want to continue your game.. lol

And with a suction pad to hold the phone, that means you can't use a case or the case has to be flat and smooth at the back.

Dunno why Sony likes to make gimmicky stuff that normal folks won't really use. *cough*smartband*cough*

But I must say that their mobile phones are getting better, even though along the way there were a lot of bumps. I really like this Z3 compact design. It's plastic, but premium material doesn't necessarily mean better quality!

Gimmicks or not, not sure.

End of the day, it is a bonus and someone is going to use and like it.
Same goes for waterproof feature, not everyone goes to pool with their phone.

Nice to have, but not essential. :D

alienjeffman

Reaction score
Gimmicks or not, not sure.

End of the day, it is a bonus and someone is going to use and like it.
Same goes for waterproof feature, not everyone goes to pool with their phone.

Nice to have, but not essential. :D
Waterproof feature is definitely nice to have, especially for those of us with oily skin and sweaty palms.
The phone is something we use everyday and over time it will accumulate dirt and grime.
It just feels good to be able to wash it all off, just like taking a bath. :D

fatangel

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waterproof feature is definitely nice to have, especially for those of us with oily skin and sweaty palms.
The phone is something we use everyday and over time it will accumulate dirt and grime.
It just feels good to be able to wash it all off, just like taking a bath. :D

Waterproof proof is getting necessary.
Went cycling with friends and it rains and we took shelter.
My phone ok, my friend phone got water went inside. can see water patches inside the screen. Also saw some other cyclist put phone in ziplock.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waterproof proof is getting necessary.
Went cycling with friends and it rains and we took shelter.
My phone ok, my friend phone got water went inside. can see water patches inside the screen. Also saw some other cyclist put phone in ziplock.

Yes, it is necessary in our tropical island with many raining season.

I love washing my phone when it gets dirty. =:p

cutebeng

Reaction score
not really ba
most phone dun have gd re-sale value other than teh apple phone

I can only say no android phones have good resale value, unless it is those gimmicky gold or crystal made phones, which is actually the materials that are worthwhile.

nvm bahs.all my phone always got scratched and deducted some value when seliing off

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.