Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (NO WTS/WTB)

expositox

Reaction score
Seems about right time to upgrade my og Xperia Z. Just hope the back glass wont have any peeling off issues like mine. Anyone face the same issues be it with Z1, Z1c or Z2?

There was some hoo-ha awhile back because the back of the Z1C is actually made of plastic and not glass.
My Z1C has had a SP on it since day 1, flawless :D

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"The Z3 Compact fills the gap that Apple left by not releasing a smaller version of the iPhone 6 and could well capture a swathe of iPhone users looking for a powerful and supremely-built phone that can still fit easily in your pocket.

It is the only Android smartphone of its size that offers the specs it does and would be a logical upgrade to the iPhone 5. Whether it can convert the Apple disciples, however, is yet to be seen."

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Review: What the iPhone 6 Could Have Been

Another useless review, reading out specs from textbook and comparing hardware figures.

Some reviews could really do better with the real phone.

duffie

Reaction score
Hmmm, you can preorder in UK for about SGD600, which will be about SGD700 after shipping and import costs. If they decide to price it around 750 here I will just go and buy local. Hope they announce the pricing at the event tomorrow.

You can expect the same price as the Z1 Compact when it came out here.

shahulvm

Reaction score
Heard from Sony Center that Z3 Compact will retail at $798. We can expect the shops to sell around $700. Collection date is on Oct 3rd, but another promoter told me that the telcos may get it a week before the Sony Centers.

duffie

Reaction score
Heard from Sony Center that Z3 Compact will retail at $798. We can expect the shops to sell around $700. Collection date is on Oct 3rd, but another promoter told me that the telcos may get it a week before the Sony Centers.

What a huge surprise! lol

shahulvm

Reaction score
Have to say that the video quality is extremely disappointing. Check the btekt video comparisons with Samsung alpha and iPhone 5s on YouTube. It looks horrible!

Z3 looks more true to life, whilst alpha looks over saturated.

sgexpat

Reaction score

I agree the alpha looks over saturated, but the Sony looks horribly washed out / over exposed. There is also a comparison video with the Iphone 5s and according to the reviewer, the Iphone is truest to the actual colours.
I dont care too uch about the camera, especially video, but this just seems really bad. I will still get the phone anyway. 15h30 now, Sony event should begin!

shahulvm

Reaction score
I agree the alpha looks over saturated, but the Sony looks horribly washed out / over exposed. There is also a comparison video with the Iphone 5s and according to the reviewer, the Iphone is truest to the actual colours.
I dont care too uch about the camera, especially video, but this just seems really bad. I will still get the phone anyway. 15h30 now, Sony event should begin!

Me 2 :s12: :s13:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Z3 S$998.
Z3 Compact S$798.

Both preorder start week of 22 sept, launch date. oct 4.

edited: add "week of"

Last edited:

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
Anything included with the preorder? I hope retail price will be lower, otherwise I will order from UK instead.
just got an update from Sony.

there will be sony bundles and different telcos will offer different items on top of the sony bundle.

stay tuned for the pre-order which will commence next week.

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Please do not mention alpha anymore, that phone is a disgrace with that battery capacity next to Z3C. :s13:

shahulvm

Reaction score
Please do not mention alpha anymore, that phone is a disgrace with that battery capacity next to Z3C. :s13:

Plus it is an insanely priced ridiculous piece of trash... Samdung started humble, once the S2 and Note 1 brought success to them, they started charging premium with their crap.

spiez1

Reaction score
wohoooo!! :s12: :s12: :s12:

Sony Mobile SG
10 mins ·

We've just hosted media from around the region at Marina Bay Sands. They've gotten a preview of the latest Xperia™ products that would be launching soon in their respective countries. We'll be announcing the launch date of the Xperia™ Z3 and Xperia™ Z3 Compact tomorrow, stay tuned! ‪#‎DemandGreat‬ ‪#‎XperiaDetails‬

cttan456

Reaction score
In the video test Z3C vs Alpha vs IP5S, all 3 phones have their strengths and weaknesses, there is no phone that is best in every single aspect like sharpness, colour, white balance, contrast, exposure, focusing, macro, zoom, etc. All are good and there is no perfect camera in this world.

But what we all know is that the Z3C battery life gonna approx 50% more than the other 2 and that HUGE difference is a feature that everybody can enjoy all the time 365 days a year. Sure Sony can shave 1-2mm off the thickness and make the battery 1800mAh like the other 2 but having 50% longer battery life is more important than vanity but despite being thicker, the Z3C still looks best compared to Alpha(messy styling at the sides) and iPhone 6(bezels too big and ugly protruding camera)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.