Keppel DC Reit *Official* (SGX: AJBU)

Ghostz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true.
SS private placement recently at 0.67 was already discounted price, shortly after, drop drop until now still haven't recover to private placement price.
Hence, big boys interest can also mean future drop.

Hmmmm... Isn't that how all market crash starts? Hee.

sneggg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sg so exp the only reason pple want their data centres set up here is because of the stable n fast network here?

makeupconnect

Reaction score
it is true that keppel is a stable brand name.

keppel reit and and keppel DC reit are pretty much similar as they are exposed to foreign currency exposure and both have substantial amount of properties in australia and uk.

cloud data centres is on the rise. agree, but australia and uk arent known for providing such services. the malaysia DC is good. cyberjaya is a cluster IT park. however i would be more interested if majority of the data centres, they (keppel) own are at india. lots of foreign banks and mnc host their data centres there. Ascendas is leading in that area. that also explains why keppel is not competing with them in that country.

nonetheless any ipo is a gamble. price going up or down, it is anyone's guess :(

up for more advises from experts !

Agree, cyberjaya is a cluster IT park. Unfortunately, malaysia is not a big revenue contributor at this point in time. Instead, it is the australia DC that is a bigger contributor, after Singapore.

wwf

Master Member
Reaction score
I personally think give it a miss.
Looking at dc stock oversea, not doing well.

What is the moat in the reit? Maybe only keppel in dc.
But think not difficult for company to shift to DC hosted oversea.

But if looking at return cagr, will dc keep increasing in future?
Tech hard to predict, maintainence cost will be high.

WindBoi

Reaction score
I personally think give it a miss.
Looking at dc stock oversea, not doing well.

What is the moat in the reit? Maybe only keppel in dc.
But think not difficult for company to shift to DC hosted oversea.

But if looking at return cagr, will dc keep increasing in future?
Tech hard to predict, maintainence cost will be high.

digital realty since listing in 2004 have a CAGR of 20% per year if i am not wrong.

another one is equinix which is even crazier but its more of a co-lo service provider

tiny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sg so exp the only reason pple want their data centres set up here is because of the stable n fast network here?

Security and Safety are plus points too. No hacking culture as it is a crime.

daxiong88

Reaction score
money for unsuccessful allocated lots will be credited back to bank account on 10dec as well?

sebastgt

Reaction score
Is it logical to assume that since private placement is >24 subscribed, indicating strong interest by the big boys, the IPO price has a high chance of going up in the first few days of listing?

Anyone applied yet? I just applied , cleared my savings account for 72 lots. Target to get a few lots and earn a few cents kopi money :)

tiny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone applied yet? I just applied , cleared my savings account for 72 lots. Target to get a few lots and earn a few cents kopi money :)

You not worried that you will get more than a few lots allocated?

sebastgt

Reaction score
Private placement >24 subscribed, public offer should be about the same lah, should only get a few lots at most.
Anyway, if I get all and unable to sell at a profit, I will keep them long term to earn dividend , better than near zero interest in my Uob savings account.

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
somebody once posted something here. Let's say you buy 5 lots, you would never get 5 lots but only 1 lot so no point buying more. The group would always be 1 lot, 10 lot. Anything above 1 lot would get only 1 lot. Anything about 15 lots would just get 10 lots.

anfielder

Master Member
Reaction score
somebody once posted something here. Let's say you buy 5 lots, you would never get 5 lots but only 1 lot so no point buying more. The group would always be 1 lot, 10 lot. Anything above 1 lot would get only 1 lot. Anything about 15 lots would just get 10 lots.

Yes, unless under subscribed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.