Have shortlisted some hotels for my 6d5n trip in mid Jan:
The summit Hotel Dongdaemun: 469
IBIS Ambassador Seoul Insadong: 441
Uljiro Co-Op Residence Seoul: 438
Starz Hotel Myeondong I Seoul: 423
Hotel SkyPark Dongdamun I: 397
Hotel Shinshin Myeongdong Seoul: 590
Prices with taxes :)

Should be taking Hotel SkyPark Dongdamum . Comments ?

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't recommend ibis insadong.
Not that convenient and room is small.

I tried shinshin but near city hall.
Shinshin is very nice.

playnwork

Reaction score
Shinshin hotel

16008963.jpg

Shinshin hotel is awesome. Read their reviews and you should know. I was actually recommended by my local friends who went and we all agree that it was good value for money being located well within eateries and transport. The service is also very nice and polite.

Another hotel that i shortlisted is actually, IP boutique hotel. The price is ok, the hotel looks nice and comfy, and the location is also very good.

Hope you have a nice trip. And Korean is sure fun :):):)

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't recommend ibis insadong.
Not that convenient and room is small.

I tried shinshin but near city hall.
Shinshin is very nice.

thank you for your recommendations.
Any idea how much is cab from incheon airport to shinshin hotel ?
coz arriving at seoul incheon airport at 11pm via scoot.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shinshin hotel

Shinshin hotel is awesome. Read their reviews and you should know. I was actually recommended by my local friends who went and we all agree that it was good value for money being located well within eateries and transport. The service is also very nice and polite.

Another hotel that i shortlisted is actually, IP boutique hotel. The price is ok, the hotel looks nice and comfy, and the location is also very good.

Hope you have a nice trip. And Korean is sure fun :):):)

thank you. Flying in mid jan think must wear alot liao ...
SOmemore taking scoot, flight time not good hee ...
cab sure super expensive ...

Last edited:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Checked IP boutique hotel, abt 475 for 5nights ....
Sian trying to keep mybudget abt 80+ per night max lol ...

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ip boutique hotel interior is very nice but u have to get a room that doesn't face the road as there is too much noise.

The location isnt that great though, in the itaewon area.

That was the first hotel i stayed in Seoul

ah_mah

Reaction score
I flew to seoul by cathay but the flight time was equally lousy or worse at 2335. By the time you take shuttle service and clear immigration, it's already 2359. All trains would have stopped by then, there's one last bus going to seoul station at 0000 (10000W per person if I'm not wrong). Cityhall station is very close to seoul station, so even if you take a cab from seoul station, it wouldn't cost as much.

I personally stayed overnight in the airport at an airport jimjilbang (sauna). It cost 20000W per person but I save one night's worth of accomodation and taxi cab fare. You are provided with towels (two small ones) and all toiletries like shampoo and bodywash. You need to bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste though. Quite an experience to sleep at the sauna (got floor mat and mini pillow provided at common areas).

Last edited:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I flew to seoul by cathay but the flight time was equally lousy or worse at 2335. By the time you take shuttle service and clear immigration, it's already 2359. All trains would have stopped by then, there's one last bus going to seoul station at 0000 (10000W per person if I'm not wrong). Cityhall station is very close to seoul station, so even if you take a cab from seoul station, it wouldn't cost as much.

I personally stayed overnight in the airport at an airport jimjilbang (sauna). It cost 20000W per person but I save one night's worth of accomodation and taxi cab fare. You are provided with towels (two small ones) and all toiletries like shampoo and bodywash. You need to bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste though. Quite an experience to sleep at the sauna (got floor mat and mini pillow provided at common areas).

Cool. Mind to share what is the bus number that goes to seoul station ?
Was thinking should I stay at parkwood incheon hotel for first night, then second day onwards go to the city area hotel.
Or should I cab there to the city area hotel and stay all nights there.
But cab is an issue coz super expensive.

ah_mah

Reaction score
Cool. Mind to share what is the bus number that goes to seoul station ?
Was thinking should I stay at parkwood incheon hotel for first night, then second day onwards go to the city area hotel.
Or should I cab there to the city area hotel and stay all nights there.
But cab is an issue coz super expensive.

I'm not sure actually coz I choose to stay in the airport. But I think this page will help you a lot.

Incheon(ICN) International Airport - Late Night Bus

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure actually coz I choose to stay in the airport. But I think this page will help you a lot.

Incheon(ICN) International Airport - Late Night Bus

Thank you.
Now i thinking should I
(A) Stay at airport hotel , then next day go to city area hotel
(B) Take airport express to seoul station (20sgd per pax), then cab to seoul station hotel

Think most likely would go with option A in terms of cost saving.

ah_mah

Reaction score
Thank you.
Now i thinking should I
(A) Stay at airport hotel , then next day go to city area hotel
(B) Take airport express to seoul station (20sgd per pax), then cab to seoul station hotel

Think most likely would go with option A in terms of cost saving.

I jiak ba bo sai bang. So I did a little research to answer your qn. :s13:

(A) Stay at airport hotel really depends on what kind of standards you want and expect. Staying in the airport transit hotel itself cost 170000W ($200SGD) for two for 12 hours. You need not step outside of the airport at all.

Other cheaper hotel options around the airport involved 5-10 mins shuttle bus bus services. Random example: Best Western Hotel (5 min walk to airport) cost 160000W/180000W per night (weekday/weekend).

You can of course look for further but cheaper guesthouses around the airport area but don't expect hotel standards.

But you still need to pay 3950W per pax to take the airport train the next morning.

Total cost: 170000W+3950+3950= 177900W

(B) The late night bus service cost 9000W per pax ($11 SGD) to seoul station. Once you reach seoul station, a cab ride to the close vicinity (cityhall/seoul station area) shouldn't cost more than 7000W (with 20% extra midnight charge). But it is also quite common for taxi uncles at midnight to refuse to run the meter and charge an exhorbitant fee to bring you to your destination. You can either bargain, or plainly refuse and wait for the next cab that is willing to run the meter. (I had problems getting a cab from dongdaemun at night after midnight shopping and I paid 12000W to go from dongdaemun to cityhall.)

But of course you must pay for your night stay at seoul's hotel and you must also check if they are willing to let you check-in past midnight.

Total Cost: 9000+9000+7000+Your one night stay hotel in Seoul

So all in all, I think both will cost around the same assuming if your seoul's hotel rate is cheaper than 150000W per night.

Personally I will chose 2nd so that I no need to keep changing hotels. It really depends on your comfort level.

edit:Read this blog for the cost of her taxi ride from incheon airport to hotel
http://thetravellingsquid.com/2014/02/02/arrive-at-seoul-incheon-airport-at-midnight/

Last edited:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow Impressive !!!

I have booked parkwood incheon airport hotel @ 68sgd per night for two .
The hotel told me that there would be free shuttle van from airport to hotel before 0000 midnight. Hence, no need worry about cab fare.

The next day, can take shuttle van back to airport.
Then from airport take bus or train to Dongdamum hotel.
Most or less would stay skypark dongdamum hotel, because it is new.
Price is cheaper @ 80sgd per night for two adults.

You are correct, if I stay airport hotel, then I would not be able to check in the skypark dongdamum hotel if I leave the airport hotel earlier .

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is skypark dongdamum hotel location good?

Think 13 min walk from dongadamum history park train station. But they have shuttle bus to myeongdong... is new 4 stars hotel .
Now the hotel price becomes 480 for 4 nights .... Booked at 325 sgd that time.

JinHockie

Reaction score
I am going to Seoul during April, seem like the rate is higher.
Currently comparing SKYPARK MYEONGDONG I - $130 vs SKYPARK DONGDAEMUN 1 - $120 vs airbnb apartment @ chungmuro mrt - $80

Last edited:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am going to Seoul during April, seem like the rate is higher.
Currently comparing SKYPARK MYEONGDONG I - $130 vs SKYPARK DONGDAEMUN 1 - $120 vs airbnb apartment @ chungmuro mrt - $80

For my skypark dongdamum, booked at 75sgd per night.
Coz have exclusive promo ...
The hotel is new, four stars, so I think is ok ba ....
Flying mid Jan ...

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a choice of Ritz Carlton Seoul, Conrad Seoul, Lotte Downtown Seoul and Grand Hyatt Seoul for my upcoming trip in Apr 2015 (cherry blossom season). Pricing roughly the same ~$220 SGD/night. Which hotel would you guys recommend? We would like to see the cherry blossoms as well as take in some shopping and eating.

Thanks!

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So rich!
Jelly.

Get a hotel north of the river.
Nothing much south of the river.

Hi folks,

I have a choice of Ritz Carlton Seoul, Conrad Seoul, Lotte Downtown Seoul and Grand Hyatt Seoul for my upcoming trip in Apr 2015 (cherry blossom season). Pricing roughly the same ~$220 SGD/night. Which hotel would you guys recommend? We would like to see the cherry blossoms as well as take in some shopping and eating.

Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.