Travelling Batam Indonesia

matchy

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
For those staying goodway or harmoni...
Dun waste $$ on taxi. Take bus only 3k ruppiah = 30cents. 3 to 5 min journey. Remember to be on the correct direction.

For smokers, if coming by skupang terminal, go buy ciggies only from the Le cake shop directly opposite Pacific ferry counter on lvl 2. All other shops selling 2.8 n above. The cake shop sell 1.8

Fake goods plenty at Nagoya hill.
Sunglass about sgd 8 to 15
Watches like tissot, fossil, swiss abt 15.
rolex cartier will be much higher. But easily can see its fake.

Clothings more than sgd 15 dun bother to buy considered very ex..might as well buy in Sin. Looking for sports wear go Batam mall... like emporium.

food wise follow what the locals eat n u can hardly b wrong.

Oh..btw..nagoya hill anw rootbeer float abt 1.60 sgd wor...

how to take bus when we are not familiar with the place :s22:

matchy

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Tua Pek Kong Temple

“Plan your itinerary for Batam”
2 of 5 starsReviewed September 29, 2014
We were first time visitors to Batam so we relied on a tour guide to take us around. Before coming to this temple, the guide told us how popular this place was, etc., etc. When we arrived, it felt like we got lost somewhere and ended up in a different place.

This is indeed a temple and probably a popular place for the locals who go there for religious purposes. The place is in need of serious upkeep and some cleaning. We've seen a lot of better temples in Thailand, Singapore, Hongkong and Macau. Frankly, this should not be included as a tour stop as there's nothing to see or new to learn.

My advice: If you're going to Batam, plan your itinerary well and get a good tour operator. As for this temple, you'll lose nothing if you skip this one.

Visited July 2014

Source : tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297717-d7141284-Reviews-Tua_Pek_Kong_Temple-Batam_Riau_Archipelago_Riau_Islands_Province.html
this one very small n nothing much....prefer the laughing buddha one

daydreaming

Reaction score
Golden View Hotel Batam

“HONEST & RELIABLE STAFF”
5 of 5 starsReviewed September 1, 2014
I was at the Murai Lounge busy working on my project. My friend came to see me and she left after 5 min. with another guest. Just after she left, the F & B staff happened to walk passed and she saw something on the floor near to where I was seated. She picked it up and discovered 02 pieces of S$50.00 folded together. She asked me whether I had dropped my money. Immediately I called my friend to check it out. Her replied was : I drop my $100, $50 x 2 pieces. The F & B staff immediately handed the 2 pieces to me to pass it to my friend.
I wanted to say that the hotel management is very lucky to have such HONEST and RELIABLE staff working among them. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Source : Golden View Hotel Batam (Indonesia) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
Gideon Hotel Batam

“Just like home!”
4 of 5 starsReviewed 6 days ago NEW
Finally got a chance to stay in this hotel, with the great value, friendly bellboy to front desk staff, it is definitely a must stay in batam. Not to mention the location, there are BCS shopping mall in walking distance that had a great variety of hand phone accessories in basement, supermarket for your basic needs requirement, nice and trendy clothing shops too! We stayed in the superior room and the decor was so cosy and clean, just love the bed! But the setback is, there are no shelf to hold your toiletries when you shower, so pls prepare a toiletries bag that can be hanged, the water heater are not so hot and there are no mat available and thus u might have to request for it. We are definitely coming back to this hotel for sure! Taxi from hotel to ferry terminal is only 70,000 rupiah, which cost only about $7.50. For hello kitty lovers, there is a wholesale shop just directly opp the hotel and also hair accessories wholesale shop over there too. Local food tidbits are a must as gifts to friends before u return to spore.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near the lift as it is pretty noisy during weekends.

source : Gideon Hotel Batam (Indonesia) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
“Great Go-Karting Fun!”
4 of 5 starsReviewed September 11, 2014
Bengkong area is located about 20min away from Nagoya city, at a pretty secluded area. The area has Go-Kart, outdoor terrain ride, miniature Indonesia ( Taman Mini Indonesia Indah) and a factory outlet. Great Go-Kart experience for reasonable pricing! Cost about USD12/ 10 min drive, or USD 24 for 25 min. Disposable shower caps and helmets are provided for each players, but dun expect the helmets to be new!
The kids had a great time driving in the circuit for about 30 min, and we visited the factory outlet for a while. Try visiting this place early in the morning at around 9am, to avoid the tourist crowd and afternoon sun! :)

PS: there is no locker available, so you will need to take turns to try the rides, while someone look after your belongings :)

Visited September 2014

Source : Golden City Go-Kart - Batam Center - Reviews of Golden City Go-Kart - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall

“Nothing much”
2 of 5 starsReviewed October 20, 2014
Mall is huge, but shops were boring. the only advantage was that there were many food shops and huge Hypermart, selling really cheap food and drinks and Studio 21 cinema, with movie tickets priced at only SGD$2.50 on weekdays and SGD$3 on weekends.

Visited October 2014

Source : Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall - Batam - Reviews of Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
Mega Mall Batam Centre

“Mall has connection to Batam Centre ferry terminal”
5 of 5 starsReviewed October 30, 2014
I like shop here before/after visit Singapore. The Mall provides cheap clothes (matahari Department store) and sales very cheap groceries (Hypermart). The Mall has connection to Batam center Ferry Terminal so you can easily reach the mall through bridge where located between both buildings. You can watch movie in Cinema 21 and find good food in some restaurants.

Visited October 2014

source : Mall has connection to Batam Centre ferry terminal - Review of Mega Mall Batam Centre, Batam, Indonesia - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
My Indothai Spa & Massage

“Customized spa”
5 of 5 starsReviewed October 27, 2014 via mobile
As my husband and i prefer longer massage duration over spa treatment, so we emailed indo thai to ask if we could opt for a spa treatment with longer massage duration and indo thai customized a spa treatment with 2 hours traditional/mix/thai massage+foot wash+body scrub+body polish+ratus=》total 3 hours.
Overall, the spa treatment experience is good, we are happy with their service. Will visit them again

source : My Indothai Spa & Massage - Batam Center - Reviews of My Indothai Spa & Massage - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
Barelang Bridge

“Habibie bridge”
3 of 5 starsReviewed November 18, 2014 NEW
They said that barelang bridge is habibie bridge because our former indonesian president Mr. BJ Habihie is the one who build it. This bridge cover 6 separate island *i guess. View from the bridge is very beautiful. If you go to batam, you must visit this landmark. Lots of small restaurant for every bridge.

Source : Barelang Bridge - Batam - Reviews of Barelang Bridge - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
I Hotel

“Great Located Hotel!”
4 of 5 starsReviewed 1 week ago
We stayed in a suite for 2 nights - Room 310. Suite was huge with a separate sitting area, balconies and additional toilet, free mini bar, lots of mineral water and welcome fruit platter provided. As per previous reviewers, we also found the room to be smelling mouldy and ended up buying our own air freshner. We had also requested for a baby cot for my son, whoever the side of the baby cot looked abit damaged and did not feel safe leaving my son in it by himself.

Location was very good with a back entrance to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall. Walk to the mall took about 5 minutes.

Enjoyed their breakfast, which had a decent spread and selection of items. Food was also topped up constantly.

Hotel is currently under renovations, so do expect abit of noise during the day from time to time.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Source : I Hotel (Batam, Indonesia) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
Golden City Go-Kart

“If only... Lol”
4 of 5 starsReviewed November 22, 2014 NEW
If only i don't go with family. Hahaha the staff there, seeing us (7 person) with families. Decided to give us "slow" carts. Lol we still had fun though. Not that slow like tortoise lah. Ask them for faster car (park at right side, and better looking) lol. If you can handle it. Rates are at Rp140000 for single seat and Rp235000 for double. Please ask rates for 20mins if you want too. They give shower caps and helmets. No worries. Cheers and have fun.

Source : Golden City Go-Kart - Batam Center - Reviews of Golden City Go-Kart - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
Swiss-Belhotel Harbour Bay

“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 starsReviewed 4 days ago NEW
Stayed at Swiss-Belhotel on 22nd November for 2D1N company retreat. This hotel really exceeded my expectation. There is a security checkpoint before guest can get into the hotel. The check in process was smooth and the staff were very accommodating.

The room was really lovely. Spacious, modern and sleek. The toilet was spacious with all the necessery toiletries available with a hair dryer and there was an office area which was perfect to work at. The was minibar right below the flat screen tv. The bed was extremely comfy and the lighting in the whole room was just nice.

We check out the swimming pool and gym the very next morning. The pool was clean and nice and the scenery was chill. It is best to take a dip early morning to avoid the crowd and soak in with some peace. Guest can book a massage therapist to have their massage in their room. However, due to the demand the availability of therapist is limited. So it is best to make an appointment early for a later timing.

The breakfast spread was good and delicious. They cater western, asian and even sushi and freshly squeezed fruit juices. The buffet was definitely a highlight on the stay in this hotel.

The only problem I had during my stay was that the flush on the toilet was faulty on the next morning. However, since we are checking out it was not a big problem. Hope the hotel management will do regular maintenance.

Location wise this hotel is marvelous. Very near to the ferry terminal and there are restaurants and shops just outside of the hotel.

Excellent location, room and breakfast. This hotel sure deserve a thumbs up and I will definitely stay here again when I head back to Batam.

Room Tip: Request for room with a view. Mine was facing a wall.
See more room tips
Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

SBB8888B

Master Member
Reaction score
What ferry to take from harbour front centre to batam is the best... How much is their tix....

daydreaming

Reaction score

daydreaming

Reaction score
Rezeki Restaraunt - Batu BEsar

“Value for money seafood”
4 of 5 starsReviewed November 23, 2014
4 of us went to Rezeki for lunch because of some positive reviews we heard and we were not disappointed. We had Crab, Prawns, Fish, scallops, calamari, hotplate beancurd and sambal kangkong and total bill came up to about 1mio IDR and we had to take a break from seafood for a few days as we barely managed to finish all we ordered.

Visited November 2014

Source : Rezeki Restaraunt, Batam - Reviews & Photos - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
RM Yong Kee

“Not so good”
3 of 5 starsReviewed December 7, 2014
They said that this is the best fish soup restaurant in batam.. but, don't think that this is the best! Taste is better jakarta than in batam (don't know why). Try the original and the tom yum, also fried sotong.. taste not bad actually, but so-so. For price, definitely so expensive compare to other food in batam.

source : RM Yong Kee, Batam - Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
Wey Wey Live Seafood

“Wey Wey 3”
4 of 5 starsReviewed November 20, 2014
Definitely a much better dining experience than the tourist infested Golden Prawn restaurant. Every dish from the prawns to bean curds and Adam goreng (crispy fried chicken) were well presented in myriad flavours. The freshly steamed pomfret fish, Teochew style passed with flying colours thus confirming Wey Wey as a highly recommended dining destination in Batam.

You find a good mix locals and tourist here and you won't find nasty surprises with your final bill because the staff genuinely ensure you won't over order.

Staff even arranged for a van to take us back to our hotel thus avoiding taking two cabs.

Remember to tell the driver to head for Wey Wey 3 because there are multiple outlets and this has the most pleasant seaside dining experience though be prepared for mozzies.

Definitely will return again.

Visited October 2014

Source : Wey Wey Live Seafood, Batam - Reviews & Photos - TripAdvisor

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi TS, just check if we plan to go during the CNY week at 20th (2nd of CNY), not sure if ur dad is working or not? :s13:

kurashi

Reaction score
[Review]

Overall: Highly recommended

Description
I have engaged daydreaming tour service for my department with a total pax of 7 for a 1 day batam trip on 23 Dec. You will have to purchase your ferry tickets online and forward the details to daydreaming. Uncle Piao will be at the ferry waiting for you.

We went:
• Go Kart / Paint ball
• Ralph Lauren Polo / Diana Kueh Lapis
• Massage
• Nagoya Hills Shopping Centre

PRO:

- Most of our communications were done through LINE and daydreaming always replied very promptly.

- Uncle Piao (Daydreaming’s dad) is a very friendly fatherly uncle. He mainly speaks mandarin. No communication barrier. He even provides us with an Indonesian phone for us to contact him once we have finished our shopping

- Uncle Piao’s car is an SUV which can comfortably sits 7 people.

- Massage at Indo – Thai which offers a superb massage services. Typical damage for 2 hr massage: RP320,000

- Uncle Piao brought us to a local koptiam for our lunch. The kopitiam was superb and serves many indo and chinese food at a very cheap price. Localised price.

CON:

- We didn’t manage to play go kart / paint ball due to bad weather. Will definitely engage Uncle Piao for my next batam trip!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.