Trip to europe - looking out for airline promotions

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to try Emirates because I haven't been to ME, even if it's transit only but could probably try Shake Shack? Hahaha.

First time to Europe, in fact only Paris for a week.

Booked MAS because it was the cheapest at $889, few days ago. Considering all other alternatives for Paris is about 1.1k at least. Emirates/Etihad/Qatar all 1.1k+ and AirFrance was 1080 IIRC.

alpc

Reaction score
What is the general take on Klm? Are their flights very old? See that sometimes they uses air France plane. Which one better

I have taken KLM before, and will be again this Feb... I would say it's better airline for European airlines but compared to Emirates/Qatar and SQ, it does not do well with the entertainment part. Frankly, I don't want to go through CDG, unless I am going to Paris.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
KLM service is good. Aircraft I didn't really feel anything good or bad about it. It was an overnight flight both ways. So I just slept.

I was sitting beside 2 guys who won't stop talking though it was already 2am. Had ear plugs and they didn't work. I got so fed up, changed my seat, though I had the first row seat with legroom. When I woke up and went to the toilet, the flight attendant actually asked if I slept better/well!

xrubiksx

Reaction score
by KLM is not cheap, i check them out sums up to abt 1.7k for multi city .. take SQ sua!

haha! i took them when they had sales..so its really cheap..thats why I'm quite happy with their service with the price i paid :s13:

lifeisfullofupndown

Reaction score
$1.1k for Qatar is not cheap. I just bought my tickets via direct Qatar website at $958nett for SIN-LON, ROM-SIN.
I used cheaptickets.sg to check the cheapest air ticket for the period I want to travel. Select the airline and price that I want. Take note the flight number and go to direct airline website to book the same date and flight number. Price should be around the same. I don't feel safe booking via third party website thus I did this. Paid using ocbc Frank card. With the cash rebate, my ticket is about $925.

Last edited:

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$1.1k for Qatar is not cheap. I just bought my tickets via direct Qatar website at $958nett for SIN-LON, ROM-SIN.
I used cheaptickets.sg to check the cheapest air ticket for the period I want to travel. Select the airline and price that I want. Take note the flight number and go to direct airline website to book the same date and flight number. Price should be around the same. I don't feel safe booking via third party website thus I did this. Paid using ocbc Frank card. With the cash rebate, my ticket is about $925.

i took the same SIN-LON and ROM-SIN on qatar.. my multicity come up to 1.29k :s22:

my was fly on fri night 2am(sat) and reach london 1105am and return on sat night 945pm and reach sg 945pm +1

lifeisfullofupndown

Reaction score
i took the same SIN-LON and ROM-SIN on qatar.. my multicity come up to 1.29k :s22:

my was fly on fri night 2am(sat) and reach london 1105am and return on sat night 945pm and reach sg 945pm +1

$1.29k!!! Topup a little more can get sq during their promo period. I cannot take it to sit direct. Must transit so butt wont crack! However, I saw a post saying dreamliner 787 legroom not very good. A little disappointing.

I will be flying on monday (PH) 220am and reach london 1315pm. Return flight sat 2240pm and reach sg 945pm+1.

ziplockbag

Reaction score
This time round I flying direct also. Don't know how. That time transit dubai alr can't take it.. Feels like leg cramp... Hopefully I get to sleep all the way this time round

sheldoncooper

Reaction score
I notice that this new year a lot airlines are having promo: Qatar, KLM but the travel period only until mid year

Let say if I want to got around end of the year, normally they will have promo around which month?

Need advise from pro here

Thanks

alpc

Reaction score
This time round I flying direct also. Don't know how. That time transit dubai alr can't take it.. Feels like leg cramp... Hopefully I get to sleep all the way this time round

I guess different people, different preference. I always prefer direct, I hate spending more time in transit in some airports making it even longer just to get to the destination.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$1.29k!!! Topup a little more can get sq during their promo period. I cannot take it to sit direct. Must transit so butt wont crack! However, I saw a post saying dreamliner 787 legroom not very good. A little disappointing.

I will be flying on monday (PH) 220am and reach london 1315pm. Return flight sat 2240pm and reach sg 945pm+1.

SQ for my date and route come up to 2.3k..currently no promo.. 1k extra is too much for me..considering the better reputation airline, i got myself either qatar and emirates.

the cheapest i can get is sri lankan airline at 980 thou..:s13:

lugia88

Reaction score

eh now ur multi city ticket .. 1k only .. grab now .. i on the website

lifeisfullofupndown

Reaction score
SQ for my date and route come up to 2.3k..currently no promo.. 1k extra is too much for me..considering the better reputation airline, i got myself either qatar and emirates.

the cheapest i can get is sri lankan airline at 980 thou..:s13:

Haha! $2.3k is too much la. Comparing that, your ticket still worth it... Sri Lankan airline??!!! You dare to try? Lol...

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha! $2.3k is too much la. Comparing that, your ticket still worth it... Sri Lankan airline??!!! You dare to try? Lol...

of coz not.. :s13: furthermore this is a long haul flight i just wan a comfortable ride.. so will go with more established airline..initially deciding between emirates and qatar. bought qatar with citibank cc promo on expedia so will be able to get abit of cashback.

scorpiokeong

Reaction score
i just booked a few days ago, emirates airline. stopover at dubai. per pax 1.15k. travelling in march. think not bad la. first time going europe though!

DealuxTravel

Reaction score
SGD$2000+ for Singapore to Frankfurt Return on Business Class and more!

Amazing Sri Lankan Airlines Sale - 25% off worldwide on all ECONOMY / BUSINESS Fares.

Pay SGD$2000+ for Singapore to Frankfurt Return on Business Class and more!

Hurry! This offer is valid for FIVE DAYS ONLY starting 16 January 2015 for travel in April, May and June 2015.

Offer valid for tickets purchased from the 16th January 2015 to 20th January 2015

Valid for travel commence between 01st April 2015 to 30th June 2015

galacticnick

Reaction score
anything less than $1200-1300 is a good deal. not everyone can get tickets at rock bottom prices. just enjoy the trip.

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
78364b5c-750a-4095-8978-996eec4d3f7e160237226.png

Sent from ME using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.