Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To Trystern,
Usually the replace a brand new wiring from "head" to the "end" no connection in between.

To lordleslie.
Just read the terms & conditions carefully before purchase.
The same words, too good to be true.
I think market price for this system is ard $3.8k - $4k+.

athletic91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought from all-best imm, 3rd hse buying from them.

Just bought ME star mex sys 4 9/9/9/26k blower
compresser is mxy4a-28

New house bto installation -$3700
upgrade to 1/2"armaflex insulation -$150

Smintboy

Reaction score
Mitsu Hvy Industries System 3

Hi all, I was being offered a Mitsu Hvy Indst Sys 3 with installation
@ $2800.

Model:
SCM 60 condensing Unit
SRK 25 indoor unit x3 (3 x 9k BTU)

Is it a good offer?

Regards

zeppelin

Reaction score
hi Terumo guru and all gurus,

I'm going to replace my current aircon(daikin sys-4) in my hdb unit which is already almost 10 years and got faulty(keep on leaking, monthly have to top-up R22).

3 in the bedroom and 1 in the living room...since 3 regularly used an 1 seldom use, so thinking to change to sys-3 and left 1(liv room) as dummy unit.

I got deal from GC for panasonic aircon as below :

1. Sys-3 inverter CU3S27MKZ-3XCSS9PKZW 2 ticks at $2,999

2. Upgrade extended warranty to premium(peace of mind) - 4 years at $99

3. Upgrade Armflx to 1/2"(class1) + Cooper upg 23 to 22 at $180

4. Dismantle and retain bracket and current sys-3

5. Drainage pipe 16MM

Freebies :

1. Panasonic Microwave Oven, est arn $199

2. Eikou air Purifier, est arn $299

3. GC photo frame

4. 5(1+4) years warranty, 1 year with pana and 4 years with GC(service cost capped at $1800) est arn $399

so total pay arn $3,278 with 36 month installment

A. pls advise if this deal worth ? and what's need to be concerns during the aircon replacement ? since i never deal with GC and have less knowledge for this kind of aircon installment/replacement.

B. should i removed the display unit or just leave it there, consider if remove need to repain whole wall

C. Any idea best credit card to use for 36 month installment ?

D. will it troublesome if kids(1 toddler & 1 years baby) around during the installation ?

E. There's certain part of exisiting piping is under false ceiling(very short ones), is it a must to cut the false ceiling to take out existing piping and install new piping ?

F. Cooper upgrade from 23 to 22 and insulator armflx upgrade to 1/2", is it ncecessary for R410 ? some parts of the piping may run thru toilet/outdoor.

G. Peace of mind extended warranty for 4 years at $99, is it worth ? or normal ones which is capped at $1800 for 4 years more than enough ?

H. Entitle 50 Feet of piping per FCU, is it enough for 3 bedroom ? flat size arn 90 sm2.

Pls advise and appreciate any inputs

Thank's

Don't worry about GC, I'm one of their loyal customers for the last 10 years. They do a superb job in aircon installations. Their contractors now will do their job thoroughly because their boss now cut off their pay if customers complain. As far as materials go, they did not cheat. When you deal with GC they will give you a sample of what they are installing so that you can compare them during the actual installation.
That $99 for 5 years warranty on all parts is a good deal plus the freebies definitely a good deal. Basically most vendors offered about the same pricing, some are cheap because there's no 5 years warranty and no freebies, basically Unit only.
The guys here is right, you don't need any insulation or piping upgrade, what they provide is super good enough. So go and save your $180 and spend elsewhere.
So good luck. For the info I'm no way affiliated with GC, just a regular customer like you.

Last edited:

junkki

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a system 1.. usage is going to be very minimal hence no need for inverter, cost is of utmost importance. Anyone has any recommendations for a reliable system which costs around $800-$900, inclusive of all installation costs?

Thanks.

terumo

Reaction score
To junkki,
Ur budget can get u a good brand.

But u need to factor additional costs like bracket & power point if u do not have existing ones.

To smintboy,

For this amount, u can get the Mit Electric Starmex model instead.

nickghk1976

Reaction score
GC is offering the LG System 4 with 3 x 9000btu . On top, they are throwing in free 5 yrs warranty.is it worth? Is lg aircon gd?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
GC is offering the LG System 4 with 3 x 9000btu . On top, they are throwing in free 5 yrs warranty.is it worth? Is lg aircon gd?

LG like a black mirror series of the design very cold and nice all flat.

But realiable & long runs, still prefer you go with Daikin , Mit Starmex or Pana model.

To be solve your trouble in future.

ndleng

Reaction score
Anyone can help or PM me how much does a compressor cost, just to connect back 2 aircon unit.

zeppelin

Reaction score

Don't buy Korean brands Air Con. Any Japs brands will do. Or follow the most common here, Mitsubishi...PanaSonic...Daikin....

Cheepoozz

Reaction score
anyone using Hitachi ? saw this at GC. liked the wasabi filter good for ashmatic and sinus patients

buyorsell

Reaction score
System 4 for HDB flat

I'm looking to buy a System 4 fr Gain City to cool 4 HDB bedrooms (1 room is converted fr study). Considering System 4 from MIT HI n MIT ELE. Both abt same price. Any recommendations or advice?

MIT HI:

SCM80ZJ-S1(31000 Btu) + 3X SRK25ZMA-S(3x9000 Btu) + 1X SRK35ZMA-S(13000 Btu) for $3829.
$150 for steel bracket
$240 for upgraded piping n insulation.
FREE 5 years warranty capped at $1850 claims amount.
ADD $129 to make 5 year Warranty at UNLIMITED claim amount.
Add $580 for 2 year servicing (twice in 1st year, 3 times in 2nd year)
Total $4828.

MIT HI is a newer model with more features like louvres tt go up down n left right, self cleaning function tt dries up moisture (hopefully odour) internally,generates negative ions tt supposedly keeps air fresher n cleaner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIT ELE:

MXY-4A28VA7(28000 Btu) + 3x10000 Btu + 1x13000 Btu for $3839.
$150 for steel bracket
Total $4838.

MIT ELE is 6-7 yr old model whose louvres only go left n right. Its only obvious plus point is tt it's probably quieter.

Are these fair deals? Any discounts or freebies tt I can get fr GC at EXPO fair this SUN?

Tks for replies n comments.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a System 4 fr Gain City to cool 4 HDB bedrooms (1 room is converted fr study). Considering System 4 from MIT HI n MIT ELE. Both abt same price. Any recommendations or advice?

MIT HI:

SCM80ZJ-S1(31000 Btu) + 3X SRK25ZMA-S(3x9000 Btu) + 1X SRK35ZMA-S(13000 Btu) for $3829.
$150 for steel bracket
Total $4828.

MIT HI is a newer model with more features like louvres tt go up down n left right, self cleaning function tt dries up moisture (hopefully odour) internally,generates negative ions tt supposedly keeps air fresher n cleaner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MIT ELE:

MXY-4A28VA7(28000 Btu) + 3x10000 Btu + 1x13000 Btu for $3839.
$150 for steel bracket
Total $4838.

MIT ELE is 6-7 yr old model whose louvres only go left n right. Its only obvious plus point is tt it's probably quieter.

Are these fair deals? Any discounts or freebies tt I can get fr GC at EXPO fair this SUN?

Tks for replies n comments.

I guess both are the same.

Mit Starmex has a easy clean feature, for user can DIY empty dust on blower very often & higher BTU for compressor.

MHI can't DIY empty internal blower dust, must be call technical serving and pay extra, also smaller BTU.

Even MHI remote control also much ugry design.. :p
For me I would top up little for Mit Starmex Zen at AllBest IMM had carried it model.

The rest all same..
Wanna save money then go with Mit Starmex, if got extra money then go with MHI.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Why? Everyone said no gd but no one explain y?

LG usually when brand new is quite cool and quiet operation, once turns to 2 yrs n above so got minor wear & tear then would be more headche like noisy or slow cold down issue or parts won't last longer than common Jap brands.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess both are the same.

Mit Starmex has a easy clean feature, for user can DIY empty dust on blower very often & higher BTU for compressor.

MHI can't DIY empty internal blower dust, must be call technical serving and pay extra, also smaller BTU.

Even MHI remote control also much ugry design.. :p
For me I would top up little for Mit Starmex Zen at AllBest IMM had carried it model.

The rest all same..
Wanna save money then go with Mit Starmex, if got extra money then go with MHI.

strange, thought mhi is 31k btu for compressor which should be higher?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
strange, thought mhi is 31k btu for compressor which should be higher?

If you were find out in proper from Mit Starmex was higher BTU output.
51219877-E64B-43B3-A023-6C7E1634C0CE_zpswazz9qun.jpg

7.5kw cooling capacity x 3418 = 25,635 BTU for starmex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.