Perth (Lots of advice & help needed please!)

papaya00

Reaction score
Yeah 2.30 is safe enough...it's summer/autumn so plenty of light..sunset around 7pm.

The lobster place is called lobster shack - it's basically a manufacturing plant. Nothing much to do unless you crave lobsters.

Other things to do would be Sandboarding at Lanceline, view wildflowers (during season) at the Pinnacles. That's pretty much it around that area.

Thank for the reply Fireshrine. Any comment on my itinerary?
Any changes I should make?

Day 1
Day 2 - Rottnest Island (must go)
Day 3 - Penguin Island ( must go) + Swan Valley
Day 4 - The pinnacle
Day 5 - Zoo + Aquarium
Day 6 - Jetboating + Theme park
Day 7 -

Fireshrine

Reaction score
Thank for the reply Fireshrine. Any comment on my itinerary?
Any changes I should make?

Day 1
Day 3 - Penguin Island ( must go) + Swan Valley
Day 4 - The pinnacle
Day 5 - Zoo + Aquarium
Day 6 - Jetboating + Theme park
Day 7 -

I personally would skip the Zoo and Aquarium. If you have the budget, book the swim with the dolphins tour at which is $205/pax (can't post the website. PM me). Skip the theme park (adventure world - waste of time)

Try to make a trip to busselton of margaret river if within your budget. I always think that the best WA has to offer is actually the South West region. Scenic, Good food etc.

papaya00

Reaction score
I personally would skip the Zoo and Aquarium. If you have the budget, book the swim with the dolphins tour at which is $205/pax (can't post the website. PM me). Skip the theme park (adventure world - waste of time)

Try to make a trip to busselton of margaret river if within your budget. I always think that the best WA has to offer is actually the South West region. Scenic, Good food etc.

Thank for the advice. I have made some amendment.

I will skip the swim with dolphin ( Open sea - I am afraid got shark). Lol. I going to go for the dolphin, penguin and sea lion option.

Day 1 Zoo (half day arrival)
Day 3 - Penguin Island ( must go) + Kings park
Day 4 - The Pinnacle
Day 5 - Margaret river
Day 6 - Jetboating + Swan Valley
Day 7 - ? (half day departure at night)

I should have covered most important attraction at perth?

marknewlife

Reaction score
Seeking advise of Perth Airport:
Does the airport closes at night? Cos my flight will arrive in PER 1am. I am thinking whether shld I nap in the airport until first bus? Or take a taxi? Or rent a car str frm airport.

Thx.

Fireshrine

Reaction score
Thank for the advice. I have made some amendment.

I will skip the swim with dolphin ( Open sea - I am afraid got shark). Lol. I going to go for the dolphin, penguin and sea lion option.

Day 1 Zoo (half day arrival)
Day 3 - Penguin Island ( must go) + Kings park
Day 4 - The Pinnacle
Day 5 - Margaret river
Day 6 - Jetboating + Swan Valley
Day 7 - ? (half day departure at night)

I should have covered most important attraction at perth?

Pretty much covered everything. However, not sure if you can do margaret river in a day. Drive down is 4hrs one way. Remember to plan Friday for late night shopping in the city.

Fireshrine

Reaction score
Seeking advise of Perth Airport:
Does the airport closes at night? Cos my flight will arrive in PER 1am. I am thinking whether shld I nap in the airport until first bus? Or take a taxi? Or rent a car str frm airport.

Thx.

Airport doesn't close at night. I believe the buses no longer run at those hours. Where's your accommodation at? If you have already booked a hotel, might as well take a cab. Renting a car is another viable option.

papaya00

Reaction score
Pretty much covered everything. However, not sure if you can do margaret river in a day. Drive down is 4hrs one way. Remember to plan Friday for late night shopping in the city.

Ya I have just seen Margaret river map. It's too big.
I was thinking if I should stay over there 1 night but I will waste 1 night + breakfast of my already booked Pan Pacific hotel.

Fireshrine

Reaction score
I was thinking if I should stay over there 1 night but I will waste 1 night + breakfast of my already booked Pan Pacific hotel.

I'm sure you can cancel your booking and planned it again. Hotels have a 72hrs cancellation policy

PM'd you btw

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's actually possible to do Margaret river in 1 day, depending on what you want to do there. If it's just to visit some vineyards, the chocolate factory, cheese factory etc, its possible. My friends who live in Perth do it all the time. But you have to be prepared to leave really early (5+ in the morning) and return pretty late to maximize the time you have at MR. But if the purpose of your trip is to relax, I would suggest you spend a night at MR or Bunker Bay.

Fireshrine

Reaction score
It's actually possible to do Margaret river in 1 day, depending on what you want to do there. If it's just to visit some vineyards, the chocolate factory, cheese factory etc, its possible. My friends who live in Perth do it all the time. But you have to be prepared to leave really early (5+ in the morning) and return pretty late to maximize the time you have at MR. But if the purpose of your trip is to relax, I would suggest you spend a night at MR or Bunker Bay.

Bunker Bay is gorgeous, the resort there is top notched too. My personal experience, if you have a car, whether you stay at Busselton, Yallingup or Margaret River doesn't make a difference.

Btw Petrol prices here have reached AUD$1 :s13:

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bunker Bay is gorgeous, the resort there is top notched too. My personal experience, if you have a car, whether you stay at Busselton, Yallingup or Margaret River doesn't make a difference.

Btw Petrol prices here have reached AUD$1 :s13:

I think there's only 1 resort at Bunker Bay so I assume you are referring to Pullman Bunker Bay? :D

Wanted to try the Bunker Bay Cafe whilst I was staying there but it wasn't open :(

papaya00

Reaction score
I just checked that resort. Wow it isint cheap. 1 night can cost around 300sgd. Lol. Too exp for me to fortfeit 1 night hotel and stay there.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how much the taxi would cost to get from Perth International Airport at 11pm at night to Hay Street?

My mum and I will be in Perth with my uncle and aunt from Feb 20th (11pm) 2015 till 24 Feb 2015 (8am).

I think all the airport buses would have stopped service runs for the day by the time we arrive so really appreciate some help here.

Also i think our trip is kinda short so if we do not intend to rent a car is there anywhere nearby to Hay Street that we can explore?

I am female and 33 years old but my uncle,aunt and mum are in their 60's.

Thank You very much in advance.

kevin301

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how much the taxi would cost to get from Perth International Airport at 11pm at night to Hay Street?

My mum and I will be in Perth with my uncle and aunt from Feb 20th (11pm) 2015 till 24 Feb 2015 (8am).

I think all the airport buses would have stopped service runs for the day by the time we arrive so really appreciate some help here.

Also i think our trip is kinda short so if we do not intend to rent a car is there anywhere nearby to Hay Street that we can explore?

I think the taxi ride is about $50 based on memory

klavier

Reaction score

kevin is right. Around aud50 for taxi.
Around Hay Street, try the Murray and Hay Street malls for some window shopping. Visit King's Park. You can actually walk from Hay Street but I guess the steep steps leading to the park would be difficult for your elders. Still, try to visit the park as it is IMO the best attraction within Greater Perth area.
You can also go over to visit Fremantle area for perhaps a day.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okie thanks for the valuable advice on the travel itenairy.

Guess we will be doing a fair bit of shopping in the freemantle area and Hay and Murray street areas.

The taxi cost is really good cause when I checked the Perth airport website it said Aud $38 so I guess it hasn't been updated in a long time

Sent from Sony Z5 using GAGT

kevin301

Reaction score
Okie thanks for the valuable advice on the travel itenairy.

Guess we will be doing a fair bit of shopping in the freemantle area and Hay and Murray street areas.

The taxi cost is really good cause when I checked the Perth airport website it said Aud $38 so I guess it hasn't been updated in a long time

Sent from Sony Z5 using GAGT

$50-38=$12....
Is that gonna be a deal breaker?
Surely not, right?

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just checked that resort. Wow it isint cheap. 1 night can cost around 300sgd. Lol. Too exp for me to fortfeit 1 night hotel and stay there.

wow 300sgd per nite is very expensive , haha above my budget liao lol ...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.