SCB SingPost/Spree Card

tinwhistle83

Reaction score
Hi,

Was reading the terms and conditions and I do not see a clause that excludes hdb parking. Does anyone know if this is like ocbc frank where paying hdb parking online is excluded?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
7% rebate is definitely just out from oven, like I said even over the weekend the new and old pages are getting mixed up. They probably haven't informed the current card holders of the changes and also the new T&C. You are already expecting people to have experience with the exclusion list? That's jumping the gun. With a new mechanism at work, one never know for certain what's behind the scenes so just wait and see if you are not willing to be the first to try, no point asking.

Don't need to get so hot and bothered. The forum is to share. Nobody knows then I will try or I will wait. Don't know why you got so offended by people asking questions.

Obviously some people already had some experience with the card and are already sharing.

If you don't like people asking questions then don't visit forum la.

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Was reading the terms and conditions and I do not see a clause that excludes hdb parking. Does anyone know if this is like ocbc frank where paying hdb parking online is excluded?
Previously I paid and called regarding while I did not get the rebate. They told me it is not retail as paying for hdb season parking

Sent from OPPO X9076 using GAGT

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
Looks like they can exclude a lot of things under the term "retail transaction". Suggest trying a small amount from your usual online favourites adding up to the minimum $500 then see if you get the rebate. If not, phone up to ask one by one which one dun qualify. Up to you whether to share or not. Has its pros and cons. Share and everyone might chiong and the merchant gets put on the Exclusion List. Don't share and ppl will wonder why this thread so quiet everyone not helpful.

Remember the consequences of dork and dork sharing about Frank. Frank is now not as useful as before.

Allen_C_Sharp

Reaction score
Omg, just cancelled this card last month:(
Hope they revamp the new card to have paywave function as well, the old card I got did not have paywave.
Someone who get the new card plz share whether it has paywave so it's more convenient to use it in ntuc.
Looks like a good replacement for frank, going to cancel my Maybank as well:)

kokitty

Reaction score
Been thinking about applying for this card for quite some time but never really got to it since i have already 3 cards from SC.

Finally pulled the trigger:) Hopefully they approve and issue it fast for existing card holders... Will try for the usual suspects like taobao, lazada, m1, mysam and singtel.

Last edited:

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
Seems like this 7% cashback is until end June 2015?

rvegl3.jpg

ASummerDay

Reaction score
Thanks you kelvinkezz for point out the changes after 30/06/2015........

Initial I still thinking of change to this card, now I think better stay with my Frank card liao ....... at least I use ATU Flash Nets still have 6%

wts2013

Banned
Reaction score
aiyo, know how to see but dun know how to read ah:

"Effective from 1 July 2015, you must charge a minimum amount of $600 to your Card within the statement cycle. Maximum CashBack awarded for any statement cycle is capped at $60 per principal card account. You will earn CashBack of 2% for supermarket and 0.2% on other selected qualifying retail transactions."

Now the min spend is $500, 6% for supermarket, 0.25% for others and 7% for online, capped at $50. So what will change and what will stay? 7% stay lor, better cap at $60, less rebate for supermarket and others lor, hahaha

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
This thread is only in it's 34th post and there are already multiple sarcastic remarks. swordspirit already pointed out the 7% will stay. don't know why there is a need to repeat this point and rub it in.

Last edited:

keniphone

Reaction score
once 6% supermarket rebate is no longer available, I will use maybank friend card for NTUC, only will be Singpost and frank.

ilovecheese

Reaction score
Looks like they can exclude a lot of things under the term "retail transaction". Suggest trying a small amount from your usual online favourites adding up to the minimum $500 then see if you get the rebate. If not, phone up to ask one by one which one dun qualify. Up to you whether to share or not. Has its pros and cons. Share and everyone might chiong and the merchant gets put on the Exclusion List. Don't share and ppl will wonder why this thread so quiet everyone not helpful.

Remember the consequences of dork and dork sharing about Frank. Frank is now not as useful as before.

purple is right

Reaction score
aiyo, know how to see but dun know how to read ah:

"Effective from 1 July 2015, you must charge a minimum amount of $600 to your Card within the statement cycle. Maximum CashBack awarded for any statement cycle is capped at $60 per principal card account. You will earn CashBack of 2% for supermarket and 0.2% on other selected qualifying retail transactions."

Now the min spend is $500, 6% for supermarket, 0.25% for others and 7% for online, capped at $50. So what will change and what will stay? 7% stay lor, better cap at $60, less rebate for supermarket and others lor, hahaha

so that means after july supermarket 6%->2%
then online fairprice delivery is still considered online like before? or considered supermarket for 2%? one day i try to order some delivery then report here.:)

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Intriguing! The $500 requirement is somewhat annoying. But could be useful for when making large purchases online.

FRANK card also got $500 requirements anyway... so this card is better... some more got 6% for supermarts... or 2% (still better than nothing) from 1st jul onwards...

regards,
wacky

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.