DBS vs OCBC and UOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kinda weird that DBS shares price is performing so differently with the other 2 local banks for today. Any ideas for the different direction?

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kinda weird that DBS shares price is performing so differently with the other 2 local banks for today. Any ideas for the different direction?

thats a very good question..... I also want to know lol

neolaw

Reaction score
I think it is because DBS is going to sell Prudential (and AIA) insurance products.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it is because DBS is going to sell Prudential (and AIA) insurance products.

All along they have Aviva with them. Even if they change to another insurer, it shouldnt have an effect on them right?

Besides, these partnership, usually insurance companies will pay the bank for allowing them to act as an exclusive agent.

neolaw

Reaction score
All along they have Aviva with them. Even if they change to another insurer, it shouldnt have an effect on them right?

Besides, these partnership, usually insurance companies will pay the bank for allowing them to act as an exclusive agent.

In addition to Aviva. They signed agreement

neolaw

Reaction score
i am not sure how this affects.. care to enlighten? :s11:

Think of DBS as a store. That store was selling only Coca Cola.

Now Pepsi and Sunkist is putting their products on shelf.

So pepsi and sunkist lovers will buy from that store -- more revenue and more customer base.

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So pepsi and sunkist lovers will buy from that store -- more revenue and more customer base.

Dbs not like ocbc.. Only can sell great eastern banc assurance products.

From my experience in dbs/posb.. The bank sales people very strong in hitting their targets..

After results dbs will go bk to norm

kelvin_99

Reaction score

I have also been closely tracking the prices of these 3 banks, and am also equally surprised to the indifference DBS is showing lately, esp so when the financial
results are due to be released very soon. Could it be something others know which we don't? :)

Tuckie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have also been closely tracking the prices of these 3 banks, and am also equally surprised to the indifference DBS is showing lately, esp so when the financial
results are due to be released very soon. Could it be something others know which we don't? :)

front running? or just following their own analyst report to make themselves credible.. that i wont know also..

Tuckie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i am not sure how this analogy affects DBS.. if u put more things on the shelf, it will mean more people have more choices when they go to DBS/POSB and people love choices don't they?

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i am not sure how this analogy affects DBS.. if u put more things on the shelf, it will mean more people have more choices when they go to DBS/POSB and people love choices don't they?

I think it depends on what product they put on shelves and what product they have taken down or deprioritize the original product. This may cause the downfall

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imo i dont think by having more insurers is the factor that cause it to drop. On the contrary, it will bring in much more revenue. Since the insurance companies will have to pay huge $$ to place their products on the shelves. Hence on DBS books it should be a + rather than a -.

With interest rates set to increase soon, the 3 local banks should see a huge gain on the P&L.

Tuckie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imo i dont think by having more insurers is the factor that cause it to drop. On the contrary, it will bring in much more revenue. Since the insurance companies will have to pay huge $$ to place their products on the shelves. Hence on DBS books it should be a + rather than a -.

With interest rates set to increase soon, the 3 local banks should see a huge gain on the P&L.

that's why it's a mystery. maybe insiders know something we don't (i.e. the ang mo houses).

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I thought I read that dbs earning might not be good bcos of their trading revenue? Need find source

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe earning not good, or because they want to push the price down and buy at a lower price? I dunno, for us, we just wait and see and collect dividend

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think should get OCBC now. It's share price has been lagging the other 2 banks due to the Wing Hang deal. Ocbc announcing results next week, lets see how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.