DBS vs OCBC and UOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuckie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought I read that dbs earning might not be good bcos of their trading revenue? Need find source

I read that. But it's speculati from the analyst. They did comment that Keppel will be bearish after kep land deal.. And look what happened..

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in investment, you invest into the companies with the lowest risks and the highest return. why restrict yourself to only DBS, OCBC and UOB?

Tuckie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in investment, you invest into the companies with the lowest risks and the highest return. why restrict yourself to only DBS, OCBC and UOB?

Yes, shouldn restrict to sg market also.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Just curious? What's your definition of risk? Why you always say lowest risk and highest return de?

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he always say that one la.. where got low risk high returns one.. nb

hahaha

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for me, I am now vested in a small cap ang moh bank with lower risk and higher return than these big sinkie 3 banks. the share price of this bank does not care about the broad market.

It is a simple deposit and loan bank. no need worry about what toxic assets. no need to worry about the bank CEO got big ego and and do funny acquisitions.(like keppel) no need worry about insider trading

the bank start with these letters "F", "I", "R"

Last edited:

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious? What's your definition of risk? Why you always say lowest risk and highest return de?
risk means chance of stock price go down. the higher chance of stock price going down, the higher the risk :o

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he always say that one la.. where got low risk high returns one.. nb

hahaha
have! but they are really rare. maybe out of 100 stock, only 5 are low risk high return

the financial industry wants you to think there's no such thing as low risk high return. this is because their rice bowl depends on it. anything that's low risk high return, they will package it into low risk low return product , sell it to you and pocket the difference :o

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
risk means chance of stock price go down. the higher chance of stock price going down, the higher the risk :o

Ehh, like that means digiland is no risk high return?

Wait, aren't they gonna do 500-1 consolidation??

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I dunno about you guys but US just reported Strong job growth, expecting the rate hike to be coming, even this little news can cause banks goes up, reits goes down.

When the real rate hike is announced, I expect the same to happen here. Gonna load up more banks and trim more reits.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dunno about you guys but US just reported Strong job growth, expecting the rate hike to be coming, even this little news can cause banks goes up, reits goes down.

When the real rate hike is announced, I expect the same to happen here. Gonna load up more banks and trim more reits.

True that. But why is DBS down still.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Everytime boat parking at shore, people think it will go lower, if you look at the 100 SMA of DBS, it's near the rebounce liao... at most I will wait till $19 and start to accumulate more. News notwithstanding, there is no fear. Earnings of course can change a counter's entire course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.