MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Rippsnake

Reaction score
MyRepublic fibre

As MyRepublic grows to invest more in outreach channels to get more people manning their social media channels.

MyRepublic would like to introduce their new staff, Johnnnny or in real life known as Jonathan who is their new coordinator and an extra pair of hands to help gather feedback, channel customer requests and help out in general online.

If you need anything feel free to contact him.
Do not contact me as I am just generally... a pioneer user

So in general,

Lawzer - Customer feedback and tricky issues
Johnnny - Customer feedback and tricky issues
nivleK1985 - Technical and customer day to day requirements
Boltersdriveer - Technical and customer day to day requirements

Last edited:

blitzio

Reaction score
Hey Johnnny and MR crew,

Glad to see a further investment in outreach. Would love to get help on an issue I'm facing. I've already contacted support on this and awaiting a reply still but posting here so we can see if others are having the same issue as well.

I'm currently subscribed to a paid service called NTV which I use to watch live streams in HD or SD for live football and other TV channels from around the world. However I can't seem to keep a stable stream and my connection buffers constantly.

sqnt374.png

y7HT2BH.png

I used to have this similar issue with Twitch as reported months ago, if you see my records and have been working back and forth reporting issues and info about it. The Twitch issue has improved since then so I was hoping you could also look into this. When I turn my paid VPN service on, it stabilises a little bit, but then still buffers which kind of proves that there is a connection issue on our end to the site because the VPN seems to circumvent that.

I hope you guys could please look into the external connection we have to NTV and tweak it a bit to improve the streaming situation like you guys seem to have had with Twitch.

Some info on my configuration:

• Wired connection to AC66U router
  • Using the default MyRepublic DNS
  • No other noticable connection issues on other sites or services

Thanks and look forward to a solution soon.

TechZSG

Reaction score
Great! Does MR have an irc channel as well? Official or otherwise.

ComPuiTer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MR is expanding? Yes I see neighborhood shops selling clothing putting up MR banners, those ah beng mobile shop too..

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I hope we get more consistent customer service like we used to when MR first started out

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I hope we get more consistent customer service like we used to when MR first started out

If it went back to its earlier days, I would gladly recontract 300mbps at $39. Otherwise, gonna jump to VQ despite paying $26 more

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apart from MR infamous customer service level, their billing date is also not very consistent.

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
If it went back to its earlier days, I would gladly recontract 300mbps at $39. Otherwise, gonna jump to VQ despite paying $26 more

I agree, 2-3 years back customer service was excellent, but after trying to recontract last year, had many problems and the responsibility and reliability of MR service dropped like siao, I'm thinking signing up with VQ despite paying slightly more may be more viable, no harm trying since I know I get crap from MR anyway

idmanotic

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, I have been expecting MR cust service to gown down...

This is because they are way too aggressive with their pricing and marketing. No doubt pricing will attract customers to sign up with them. but their support dept simply cannot keep up with the volume, aggressive pricing also means they cannot spend too much on support.

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, I have been expecting MR cust service to gown down...

This is because they are way too aggressive with their pricing and marketing. No doubt pricing will attract customers to sign up with them. but their support dept simply cannot keep up with the volume, aggressive pricing also means they cannot spend too much on support.

I also expect service standard to drop with aggressive marketing but the drop has been too drastic to the point where it is mostly non-existant

When I wanted to recontract I was in limbo for a few months

Johnnny

Reaction score
Apart from MR infamous customer service level, their billing date is also not very consistent.

Hi,

If you're having any billing issues, do not hesitate to contact us either via calling in, or we recommend PMing us here or on FB :)

Johnnny

Reaction score
I agree, 2-3 years back customer service was excellent, but after trying to recontract last year, had many problems and the responsibility and reliability of MR service dropped like siao, I'm thinking signing up with VQ despite paying slightly more may be more viable, no harm trying since I know I get crap from MR anyway

Hi,

We do understand the frustration of waiting :( However we're actively trying to improve service in this field! If you have any queries do write to us here (we try to check daily) or you can PM us on FB, we're much more responsive ther e :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.