Sony M4 aqua

lekhte

Reaction score
Pictures of a new Sony Xperia device have been leaked showing a previously unseen handset. The Sony Xperia model features stereo speakers, Android Lollipop, a large front-facing camera (possibly 5MP), as well as an exposed micro USB port.

There have been rumours that this year’s Sony Xperia waterproof models will feature an exposed port, which will be a relief for many worrying about water creeping into their handset through USB port flap wear.

The design looks very similar to the Xperia Z3, but it is clearly not the same handset. The same type of nylon corners for durability can be seen. Other features we can see are a dedicated camera button, along with the signature power button and microSD port flap.

This device is most likely the Xperia M4 Aqua that we expect to be revealed at MWC next week. It may correlate with the E23XX (E2303, E2333, E2353) model numbers we saw recently. The rumoured spec sheet for this device includes a 5.2-inch (720 x 1280) display, 2GB RAM, 13MP rear camera, 5MP front-facing camera and Android 5.0 Lollipop. Other specs potentially include the Snapdragon 610 chipset (1.5Ghz quad-core processor) and 16GB internal storage.

Update: We have now confirmed that the device pictured is 100% the Xperia M4 Aqua.

Sony-Xperia-M4-Aqua2.jpg

In addition, the Xperia Z4 Tablet has been snapped too, which looks similar to the Xperia Z2 Tablet when looking at the front profile. However, the headphone jack on the Xperia Z4 Tablet sits on the top of the device versus the bottom on the Xperia Z2 Tablet. The other giveaway is that the Xperia Z4 Tablet pictures we have seen so far show a black volume rocker in line with what we can see below. The Xperia Z2 tablet has a silver volume rocker, which would be seen in the picture, much like the aluminium signature power button.

Given Sony’s tease yesterday, we imagine that this will have a much slimmer profile versus the Xperia Z2 Tablet and will be more akin to the Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact which launch last Autumn. The tablet pictured is also running Lollipop.

Xperia-Z4-Tablet1.jpg

Mysterious Sony Xperia device spotted in wild – most likely Xperia M4 Aqua [Update: Confirmed] | Xperia Blog

lekhte

Reaction score
Sony has formally unveiled the Xperia M4 Aqua (E2303, E2306, E2353) and Xperia M4 Dual (E2312, E2333, E2363) at MWC this morning. The 4G LTE phone is the same that has been leaked in recent days arriving with a 5-inch (720 x 1280) IPS display (PPI of 294 and screen-to-phone ratio of 65.24%), a 64-bit Snapdragon 615 chipset with Octa core processor (1.5 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 and 1.0 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53) and Adreno 405 graphics.

As the ‘Aqua’ tag suggests, the phone has IP65 and IP68 (Ingress Protection) certification , giving it the highest protection against dust and water that is possible in a smartphone. It is great therefore to see that the Xperia M4 Aqua is the first Sony water resistant smartphone to feature an exposed micro USB port (cap-less microUSB charging). No more fiddling around with (and worrying breaking) USB port flaps.

The Xperia M4 Aqua will launch in two variants when it comes to internal storage. Model numbers E2303, E2353, E2312 will have 8GB storage, whilst the E2306, E2333, E2363 variants will have 16GB of internal storage. All models will have 2GB RAM.

Other features include a 13MP Exmor RS rear camera with F2.0 aperture and ISO 3200 sensitivity, 5MP front-facing camera with 88° field of view, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC and a 2400mAh battery for a two-day battery life. The Xperia M4 Aqua has dimensions of 145.5 x 72.6 x 7.3 mm and will weigh 140 grams.

The Xperia M4 Aqua will launch in three colours (Black, White and a new Coral colour). Sony says the handset will hit 80 countries and 100 partners worldwide when it is released in Spring 2015 for around EUR 299. It will launch with Android 5.0 Lollipop from the outset and will be part of the Xperia Lounge Silver programme.

Sony announces Xperia M4 Aqua: 5-inch 720p display, octa-core CPU, 13MP camera | Xperia Blog

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes .. Unless someone use 128mb sdcard :p
Bit I jus bought a 128gb sd kakaka

I suppose all common things will wear and tear at some stages.

But then again, there is really not much reason not to cover up the port for SIM card and SD card. ;)

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
viable replacement for xperia Z (C6603) or go for xperia z4?

the form factor looks darn good for replacing redmi 1S for my mum. Plus the red looks like her HTC Wildfire that she had long ago during android 2.6.

Maybe i'll get one for myself too so two phones.

need nano sim card cutter though that is a pain in the backside.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
viable replacement for xperia Z (C6603) or go for xperia z4?

the form factor looks darn good for replacing redmi 1S for my mum. Plus the red looks like her HTC Wildfire that she had long ago during android 2.6.

Maybe i'll get one for myself too so two phones.

need nano sim card cutter though that is a pain in the backside.

The phone is coming soon.. u can pre-register ur interest now at the SonyMobile site: http://www.sonymobile.com/sg/products/phones/xperia-m4-aqua/

casshern

Master Member
Reaction score
Mustafa selling SGD279 without warranty for those who are interested.
Not all handphone counters will have. it's in one of the building facing the main road, first floor. Ask for Sony phones and check

edited: My bad, its the m2 aqua, not the m4.

Last edited:

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
Now if you buy the no warranty phone from Mustafa, you need to register your IC. And they will tell you the phone cannot be used in S'pore. If got caught, will need to pay fine. Do take note.

standing

Reaction score
Now if you buy the no warranty phone from Mustafa, you need to register your IC. And they will tell you the phone cannot be used in S'pore. If got caught, will need to pay fine. Do take note.

Y cannot use in sg?:s11:
They smuggle in one?:eek:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.