OCBC Voyage Card

Reaction score
No Jetquay, no PP and no Limo?

Website has been updated:
OCBC Voyage Cards - The first metal cards to let you redeem miles for flights on all airlines, on any day | OCBC Bank

- 15K Bonus Voyage Miles upon sign up
- 1 Limousine transfer service complimentary with a min. S$5,000 spent each month
- 2 Plaza premium lounge complimentary visits a year to over 120 airport VIP lounges

The annual subscription fee for
*Principal card : S$488 (with GST)
*Supplementary card: S$188 (with GST), first year waived
- Up to S$1 million travel protection insurance coverage

Quite good! I hope the limo cab to airport is unlimited.

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite good! I hope the limo cab to airport is unlimited.

5k spending siah. have a bad feeling that the redemption is based on price of the tickets available at the point of time and the redemption rate will not be that good.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
5k spending siah. have a bad feeling that the redemption is based on price of the tickets available at the point of time and the redemption rate will not be that good.

I think so too. This is no difference from a rebate card where you just redeem the points for cash rebate and then use the cash rebate to purchase air ticket.

Difference is that someone will do the job for you to purchase the ticket. Will be good if they have tie-ups with airlines to get "special promo" fare. If they priced the ticket higher than you can get online via the various airlines or travel website, then it doesn't matter sense to redeem through them.

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Second is that unless the Voyage Mile to air ticket redemption chart is something amazing, as a miles earning card, this pales in comparison to what is in the market already.

Considering 75k Voyage miles would get 2x tickets to HKG, which SQ offers for just 51k Krisflyer miles (plus tax), I'm not holding my breathe for the redemption chart.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I applied for the card this morning and OCBC called me like 10AM. Bloody efficient. Anyhow, this card allows the redemption of taxi rides form airport to home for 3K Voyager Miles. Very useful for me.

Reaction score
I applied for the card this morning and OCBC called me like 10AM. Bloody efficient. Anyhow, this card allows the redemption of taxi rides form airport to home for 3K Voyager Miles. Very useful for me.

How to redeem? Book first? Or take a taxi then fax the receipt in to claim?

Suleyman

Reaction score

Did you ask about redemption rates for air tickets? I suppose no waiver on the first year fee?

Last edited:

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you ask about redemption rates for air tickets? I suppose no waiver on the first year fee?
That fella don't know anything lah. Decided to figure it out later. Yes, there is an annual fee. I think its $400, but I get 15K miles. Not worthwhile I must add, but let's see how this experiment goes.

Suleyman

Reaction score
No idea. Try liao let you all know

It's in the T&Cs. You have to call the Voyage Exchange to book the taxi.

That fella don't know anything lah. Decided to figure it out later. Yes, there is an annual fee. I think its $400, but I get 15K miles. Not worthwhile I must add, but let's see how this experiment goes.

Hmmm, I might hold on then, wait for more info. No rush anyway. :)

Does OCBC is very strict with their income requirement?

Card is targeted at high net worth individuals. You say leh?

Of course, if your salary low, but asset rich, you can also get the card by being Premier Customer first.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thats what they always claim, but after 1 year, take up rate no good, they will start offering it to those with $48k annual income, happened with a few cards like Platinum reserve, started off with $120k requirement, after a while started issuing to those with much less income.

In the newspaper article, it was reported that OCBC is in 3rd or 4th place in the credit card race. Will this card move them to 1st place? Somehow I don't think so.

If they are so interested in attracting those with higher income, then they should be offering lifetime fee waiver like they did for their Frank Card.

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Of course, if your salary low, but asset rich, you can also get the card by being Premier Customer first.
Earning 120K PA today is not HNWI lah bro

Suleyman

Reaction score
Thats what they always claim, but after 1 year, take up rate no good, they will start offering it to those with $48k annual income, happened with a few cards like Platinum reserve, started off with $120k requirement, after a while started issuing to those with much less income.

Really? Which cards? As far as I am aware, none of these cards (usually branded as Visa Infinite or World Elite Mastercards) have lowered their requirement. Some of them might be offered to someone with low income, but high assets (& thus a member of the bank's priority banking). I'm talking about cards like Citi Prestige, HSBC Visa Infinite, Amex Platinum Charge Card (NOT the credit card).

In the newspaper article, it was reported that OCBC is in 3rd or 4th place in the credit card race. Will this card move them to 1st place? Somehow I don't think so.

OCBC thinks that it can, by enticing high spenders to use this card instead of whatever other card they are already using.

I also disagree. Rewards-wise, yet to prove that it is superior to other available cards. Perks and privileges-wise, also doesn't seem to match what those top-tier cards provide.

If they are so interested in attracting those with higher income, then they should be offering lifetime fee waiver like they did for their Frank Card.

Most of the top tier cards like those I mentioned above do not give fee waiver, ever. You can plead, beg, threaten the bank, they will not budge. Take the most exclusive card in the market right now. Amex Centurion card. In the US, it has a joining fee of USD7,500 and an annual fee of USD2,500. All non-waivable. It's about the same here in Singapore. But, you can bet the really rich have and use this card. Why? Because they value the perks and privileges more than the 2,500.

Even if we look at the lower tier cards, many would pay the annual fee for cards like DBS Altitude or Citi Premiermiles cards because they get something as valuable (or more valuable) back, in the form of air miles.

Long story short, fee waivers don't move the needle. Value for money does.

Earning 120K PA today is not HNWI lah bro

Not I say one. OCBC say one. I was surprised as well at the 'low' salary requirement given their stated aim of attracting high net worth and affluent customers.

lalaisgongon

Reaction score

Anyone remb they use to have a OCBC world elite mastercard. That one failed pretty badly

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.