GIAC certification

Slytherine

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who applied before this certification?

Some of the modules are exactly the same as CEH, ECSA and other EC Council certification......

Xiaosa1

Reaction score
There's no comparison between GIAC and Ecouncil.

SANS/ GIAC is the one of most reputable infosecurity organization in the world. SANS GIAC instructors are world class ISEC practitioners, respected globally. The modules names are similar, but the content and training quality are definitely world's apart

Avg GIAC Course training + certification attempt is around 6-7k. Personally its like comparing CISSP and A+ certifications.

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SANS/ GIAC is the one of most reputable infosecurity organization in the world. SANS GIAC instructors are world class ISEC practitioners, respected globally. The modules names are similar, but the content and training quality are definitely world's apart

Avg GIAC Course training + certification attempt is around 6-7k. Personally its like comparing CISSP and A+ certifications.

Not to mention maintaining a SANS cert is costly.

kyliejamez

Reaction score

seesiang

Reaction score
The following courses are currently under CITREP Expanded:

GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst (GCFA)
GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN)
GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN)
GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware GREM
GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)

bakasa2002

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Agree w u. To add on to your point, giac certifications are harder to pass compare to ceh (personal opinion)and retest can only do once or twice within a few mths of last attempt. ceh one I'm not too sure.

Irony of this is that if u r looking for job, u will see ceh give u better mileage compare to giac ones. I think primarily being giac cert are not being as widely recognized in MOST co in sg. Most would advertise for cissp, cisa, cism, ceh and lastly giac ones. :)

Xiaosa1

Reaction score
Agree w u. To add on to your point, giac certifications are harder to pass compare to ceh (personal opinion)and retest can only do once or twice within a few mths of last attempt. ceh one I'm not too sure.

Irony of this is that if u r looking for job, u will see ceh give u better mileage compare to giac ones. I think primarily being giac cert are not being as widely recognized in MOST co in sg. Most would advertise for cissp, cisa, cism, ceh and lastly giac ones. :)

Hi, I disagree about GIAC being less recognised. I had 3 SANS conference training and have obtained all 3 certifications. Management who REALLY understands Information security will know and respect GIAC and SANS. Most recruiters only know the most common ones like CISSP, CISA etc. CEH is for entry level positions IMO.

dupdupdup

Reaction score
I've completed CEH & ECSA. If i want to proceed to do GIAC certificates, which should i do? GCIH? GCIA? GSEC? Thanks! :s22:

JackZh

Reaction score
If you have the questions on the training test just reply me. i can give you some advice.

Cage..

Reaction score
guys i just realise something for GIAC..when u register your account through sans.org ..they didnt ask you for any form of identification..just your name..

like that 2 person with the same name can share a cert?

example : 2 James Oliver

How SANS tie the certification back to the one who took the test???

Last edited:

armanas

Reaction score
GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF)

Anybody knows whether this certification course GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF) is available in Singapore?

If not, can I take the exam online?
PEARSON or Prometric??

Thanks for all your replies!

seesiang

Reaction score
Anybody knows whether this certification course GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF) is available in Singapore?

If not, can I take the exam online?
PEARSON or Prometric??

Thanks for all your replies!

Every March and October, there will be SANS course hosting in Singapore. If the course do not fall within the "available" catalogue, dont give up, there are other methods too.

1. If you have the right number of people to pursue this course, they have host within in your Company
2. If it is individual, it will be best to opt for OnDemand.

If you have "large number of people" that wish to pursue this course, you may reach out to SANS or if you need to link up, i can provide the bridge.

armanas

Reaction score
Thanks, seesiang for your explanations.

Question ~ for an individual; is the OnDemand option a pre-requisite before that individual is allowed to take the exam?

Trendnet18

Reaction score
The following courses are currently under CITREP Expanded:

GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
GIAC Certified Forensics Analyst (GCFA)
GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN)
GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN)
GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware GREM
GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)

just to let you guys know GCFE is not included.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.