Touring Hong Kong? Come ask me!

lukold

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm a singaporean living in HKG, if you have any questions about HKG please ask away and I'll try my best to answer!
For families/bigger groups that want to tour together I can hook you up as well, drop me a PM!

idrinkecoke

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it truth that Hong Kongers go protest when ever there's a large crowd of mainland tourists?

Are they hostile to Singaporeans as well?

lukold

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it truth that Hong Kongers go protest when ever there's a large crowd of mainland tourists?

Are they hostile to Singaporeans as well?

Honestly, they tend to have a thing for protests. It can happen anywhere but nowadays there's a increased hostility to mainland tourists.

They are generally not hostile to Singaporeans but think favorably of our country and us.

lukold

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm Singaporean but I look like PRC..am I in danger?

Unless you speak mandarin with a mainland accent then you might be, but I highly doubt you're in any danger just by looking like one :s22::s22:

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unless you speak mandarin with a mainland accent then you might be, but I highly doubt you're in any danger just by looking like one :s22::s22:

They can differentiate ar?

I heard many stories about speaking Chinese in HK. It's almost like a big no-no. It's either Cantonese or English to avoid trouble.

lukold

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They can differentiate ar?

I heard many stories about speaking Chinese in HK. It's almost like a big no-no. It's either Cantonese or English to avoid trouble.

They can, you can switch to Chinese if English is hard for them to understand

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes. I do speak with mainland accent as I used to study higher Chinese. But I can start with English first to play safe. :crazy:

luggagepls

Reaction score
Hey lukold, thanks for creating this thread!

If I'll be visiting Hong Kong for 7 days and using the public transport often and heading to places like Ocean Park (need to take the Citybus too), would you recommend getting the tourist pass or getting an Octopus card?

yangirl

Reaction score
Hi Lukold! I will be travelling in December, a solo trip. You able to recommend any accomodation for me during my trip in HK?

nady2015

Reaction score

just came back from HK and seems like mainlanders are everywhere - especially among service staff. really big difference since my last trip in 2011.

btw, ts: just curious, are you working there? what are you working as?

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Lukold! I will be travelling in December, a solo trip. You able to recommend any accomodation for me during my trip in HK?

Hi there, you can try staying at Caritas Bianchi Lodge. It is conveniently located a few min from Yau Ma Tei MTR and Temple Street. Check out the reviews at Tripadvisor. I personally stayed there last year and i rate it quite positively =:p

coey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any hotel recommendation for stay in Hong Kong ( other then metropark/city view? Have u tried travelling to shen zhen , zhu hai and Macau ? Any hotel recommendation for this area ?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What's your budget? What are the places of interest you're planning to going?

kkevinn6

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any hotel recommendation for stay in Hong Kong ( other then metropark/city view? Have u tried travelling to shen zhen , zhu hai and Macau ? Any hotel recommendation for this area ?
whats your budget?

ktzw718

Reaction score
have u heard of mini hotel@central? thinking of staying there due to location/budget for my trip in May. prefer not to stay at the sides ie. kowloon east, do u have any other recommendations?

xsurycx

Master Member
Reaction score
is there any nice bar to recommend in Lan Kuai Fang?

my term of nice is have band, beer and some finger food? no need have chio bu cos having gf with me. just a nice place to chill

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.