Are those ceramic/glass coating paint protection for cars really worth it?

Genesisz

Master Member
Reaction score
You be surprised, some limo taxi take good care of the car,regular polishing twice a mth,

Who say I use for taxi?
I using it for my personal car.

FYI, most of the taxi just sent for car wash at $4.

Saloon car is $8-10.

My car is my slave,not the other way round.
Got wash once every 2 mth,cover mouth laugh.
Interior wipe weekly.

Sent from pulau hantu using GAGT

I focus on interior more and clean them more often because this is where the driver/owner and the passengers are occupying.

As for the exterior, if I have the time, I will go to car wash once a while. :s13:

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Totally support ceramic/nano whatever you call it coating. Washing is a breeze! Dont even need to wax polish like mad and create unnecessary swirls.

The waterbeading effect is awesome!

Beepok

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Totally support ceramic/nano whatever you call it coating. Washing is a breeze! Dont even need to wax polish like mad and create unnecessary swirls.

The waterbeading effect is awesome!

does it last?

ceciliansc

Reaction score
Did mine when car was brand new in March 2013. Effect is still glossy after car wash now in 2015. Stains and dirt comes off quite easily. Its also good as protective layer to reduce scratches. I got the 9H Ceramic Pro.
But there's maintenance each year for less than $100.

winorlose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It will normally last for 12months with proper washing (no petrol station car wash, no washing with wax shampoo). After that, go back and touch up..

Birdshit super easy to wash off..

ebpwu2

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Touch up means to go back for re-coating?
Can I also check the chance of contaminants whereby one has to use claybar to remove and clean those invisible sediments from overspray and brake dust, etc? Does ceramic coating fully solve that problem? Thanks

ceciliansc

Reaction score
For not so new cars, it will cost more as they need to strip whatever layer of wax or residue before layering the coats. What I found out before I bought my previously new car. Initial price seems expensive but I think its worth. Even regular waxing packages cost only slightly less yearly.

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For not so new cars, it will cost more as they need to strip whatever layer of wax or residue before layering the coats. What I found out before I bought my previously new car. Initial price seems expensive but I think its worth. Even regular waxing packages cost only slightly less yearly.

I already have some scratches on my car, can still do? :o

ceciliansc

Reaction score
I already have some scratches on my car, can still do? :o

Think depends how serious, they may have some ways to improve it and whether you don't mind having it sealed by the ceramic coating. That's they would charge more as there's extra work

Spee_Dy

Reaction score
did my glass coating couple of months back.
quite good i would say.

last longer than normal waxing.
only $300++ can last 1 year plus. better than going back to wax every 3 months.

one thing to note though, dun do it during raining season!!
car cannot touch water for a couple of days after they apply the coating..

peterich2005

Reaction score
Anyone tried the QMI Toughguard car grooming services at IMM?

I came across this polishing shop at IMM Mall car park area that provide all sort of car detailing services. Asked them about the services and products and they told me they are using USA technology products that range from Nano polymer to paint protection sealant. They also have a high range premium product that known as 9H Pro Ceremic that can last 3 to 5 years. All different pricing. Anyone tried their products? Which could you recommend or any other similar retailer with good product and cheaper pricing?

Last edited:

ethanyeo

Reaction score
I came across this polishing shop at IMM Mall car park area that provide all sort of car detailing services. Asked them about the services and products and they told me they are using USA technology products that range from Nano polymer to paint protection sealant. They also have a high range premium product that known as 9H Pro Ceremic that can last 3 to 5 years. All different pricing. Anyone tried their products? Which could you recommend or any other similar retailer with good product and cheaper pricing?

Have been researching a little on this. Found this product called CQuartz Finest. You should explore that. Seems credible.

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ain't it weird how it's always brand new and/or single digit post count accounts who necro more than 1 year old posts on a topic that is related to some product or service they're advertising? :s8:

porkknuckle

Reaction score
this glass coating got multiple levels of protection correct? You can decide whether you want 1 layer (basic) or up to 10 layers (extreme/elite package). Any idea what's the price range like for basic to higher end packages?

Can you still perform DIY car wash / wax on your car after applying this coating?

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are such glass coating really effective for at least 3 years' shine?

what are the recommended workshops now for a brand new SUV?

TIA much

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't go to overcrowded shops...esp those ask u take packages then halfway through they do slop job....playback camera u will know how long they spent on ur car. Blacklisted one quite "famous" in amk and Jurong area after hearing some negative reviews

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be taking up a cheap one next year to see if it really helps. Aiming to pay about 400-500. Some PPS can go up to the thousands, quite insane IMO...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.