Men's Formal Work Bag Recommendation

jonleelk

Master Member
Reaction score
I know... but some how the design of those brands are a bit out-dated and too conservative. I dun need anything that is too loud but also not a bag that looks like the one my father's generation used to carry many years back.

MTM for u sir?

https://www.facebook.com/obbigoodlabel/posts/982591705100218

10253984_982591685100220_5765797407106557294_n.jpg

fabiaN__

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I know... but some how the design of those brands are a bit out-dated and too conservative. I dun need anything that is too loud but also not a bag that looks like the one my father's generation used to carry many years back.

I don't know leh... but I don't think my Dad's generation got design like the Bally Tajest briefcase... haha. :)

Personally, I seldom carry a bag to work... but in terms of leather, I think Braun Buffel, Prada, BV and Bally are pretty good.. construction-wise, I think Tumi is just as durable...

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know leh... but I don't think my Dad's generation got design like the Bally Tajest briefcase... haha. :)

Personally, I seldom carry a bag to work... but in terms of leather, I think Braun Buffel, Prada, BV and Bally are pretty good.. construction-wise, I think Tumi is just as durable...

Bv leather bags damn exp leh

I realli dun noe how much goes into the leather

Reali so gd? Worth it? Can last for eternity? Lol

JoePilot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u r a guy who appreciates quality and value for money, then I recommend Basader. Full grain leather from US tanneries, handmade in NYC, customizable.
These kind of artisan/boutique leather bags are designed to last generations.
Like another bro who has already pointed out, Braun buffel uses lower quality materials, smaller pieces of leather joined together instead of one solid piece. Not to knock BB though, I'm sure their stitching and workmanship is top-notch.

TUV2008

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u r a guy who appreciates quality and value for money, then I recommend Basader. Full grain leather from US tanneries, handmade in NYC, customizable.
Like another bro who has already pointed out, Braun buffel uses lower quality materials, smaller pieces of leather joined together instead of one solid piece. Not to knock BB though, I'm sure their stitching and workmanship is top-notch.

Thank you ... Just check their site, looks good material and workmanship but design is not my taste.

darren89

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm looking to get a new men's work bag and would appreciate some recommendations.

My last 2 work bags were from Pedro and they were not very durable.
Probably couldn't last for even a year.

Anyone here using Braun Buffel Leather bags ? Would appreciate some feedback on them.

All other recommendations would be appreciated as well. Preferably leather bags . Budget is max about $300 ~ . I know braun buffel is well in the range of $500 and above and I'm willing to stretch my budget to that amount if its really good quality.

Thanks !

Bb is around $700.
For quality leather, consider Prada /Zegna bags
I own 1 zegna, cost $2k but the leather is top notch. Prada is even more exp ard $3.2k. Hope that helps.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bb is around $700.
For quality leather, consider Prada /Zegna bags
I own 1 zegna, cost $2k but the leather is top notch. Prada is even more exp ard $3.2k. Hope that helps.
As mentioned by JoePilot if you look hard enough you can get good quality without having to pay for branding.

Thank you ... Just check their site, looks good material and workmanship but design is not my taste.
Based on your posts it would seem like you would be better off looking for fashion brands instead. Classic designs don't seem to suit your taste.

Sent from the exploded Death Star using GAGT

bbqbeans

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the recommendations !

The max I can stretch my budget will be to $400-$500 .

Appreciate all the suggestions !

Have a good and very blessed long weekend !

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggest ts go online shop c

Places like endclothing, mr porter, revolve man etc

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This one the workmanship and material look good but design a bit out-dated.

I have a hard time when come to buying working bag. Most of the design are very ah peh and too boring to carry them.

That day I saw one nice design at Robinson Heeran but cannot remember the brand. At least some trendy design.

I think u might be referring to qwnstion. Some Scandinavian label. The material quality and workmanship is not really there IMHO

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recommend TS to check out Cumulus at wheelock or Denim Store at Mandarin Gallery

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a nice full leather Veja tote that's going for 1/2 price at Cumulus.

Veja is a cool French indie, good buy imho.

lovemyself123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any suggestions for a roomy working bag? but not to the extent of a full duffel bag.. im quite small frame

must be able to put shoes, one set of clothes, belt, laptop, charger, cables, and a lunch box.

I am thinking a midsize weekender/holdall but not sure what brands will be good and classy for work

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.