[IP Cam] Xiaomi IP Camera Xiaoyi

gnooliew

Reaction score
anyone can help please?
I managed to get the camera to say connection successful using the smart home app.

However, it prompts an error, make sure the camera are in the same router.
Are there any firewall settings to be configured?

Ignore top. managed to get it connected via another AP using the original wifi app. The smart home app cannot work for this access point. Weird.

Once connected, i can now view using wifi or 4g.

I have the same problem, app prompts an error to make sure the camera is in the same router/network. No alternate AP to use. I managed to "trick" 1 phone to recognise the network by getting another phone as mobile hotspot with same network name and pw, but not another phone. Any solution for this? Is it a camera issue or a router configuration issue?

Also, once connected, how to view using 4g? The live feed seems to disconnect when I switch off wifi on the phone.

AsteroidS

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my brand new xiaoyi smart camera when powered on the orange light never blink (just stayed on). i am unable to get it to work. any idea?

gnooliew

Reaction score
my brand new xiaoyi smart camera when powered on the orange light never blink (just stayed on). i am unable to get it to work. any idea?

use a pin to press and hold the reset button at the back. It should blink after a while.

AsteroidS

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway, I bought 2 sets, 1 set is faulty (orange light forever)

AsteroidS

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Phone able to connect to the camera without wifi? Quite meaningless if outside on data/4g cannot work.

yes, can use data plan 3g/4g to access via the app. but might incur quite some data cost!

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone has FAQ on this? i meddle around, downloaded MUI market APK but tried to install the camera apps and it tells me the apps is spoil or something...

gnooliew

Reaction score
anyone has FAQ on this? i meddle around, downloaded MUI market APK but tried to install the camera apps and it tells me the apps is spoil or something...

isn't there a manual in the box? U can Google for the info u need as well. The apps are downloaded by scanning the qr code on the manual, no need separately look for it

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
finally got it working.. yesterday the cameras were broken and today i can download properly...

Can anyone advise how to access this Cam using 3G network ? still trying to figure out how to view from outside home network. TIA !

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.