Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
The MHI part load cop is 5.85, this should translate to savings of 100-200w, compare some common energy saving brands. In consideration of unit price and benefits, can consider.

But ppls would be more concern on after used and maintenance and services.

Once the FCU design not to removable parts from the chemical wash cost would be increase a lot wow

ME GExxVA models can easily to access into blower and clean out as efficient air.
054EADBD-D353-492C-AEA6-6BC0CF48808E_zpss5lyw0dz.jpg

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Part load for MXY-4A38VA should be 4.5kW, cop about 5.15

I am waiting for the new model MXY-4C100VA with highest part load cop 6.33 for 5.8kW.

Where is the souce for MXY-4C100VA?

10kw should be system 5

Last edited:

sirbrian

Reaction score
Recommendation for Starmex System 2

Hi guys, need your urgent advice.

i need to urgently replace my current home system 2 (non-inverter) to Starmex System 2 Inverter. In fact have not finalize if I should get Starmex or Panasonic.

I have spoken to Tat Hai Repair Centre and Star Cool Air-Condition Engineering. Both quoted very similiar price.

As I will be posted overseas in about 3 years time. I really need this investment a worth it one as the current Panasonic Sys 2 Non-Inverter only lasted 6yrs.

Anyone has recommendation of retailer or contractor and what piping to look out for or any other details?

Thanks and best regards.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi guys, need your urgent advice.

i need to urgently replace my current home system 2 (non-inverter) to Starmex System 2 Inverter. In fact have not finalize if I should get Starmex or Panasonic.

I have spoken to Tat Hai Repair Centre and Star Cool Air-Condition Engineering. Both quoted very similiar price.

As I will be posted overseas in about 3 years time. I really need this investment a worth it one as the current Panasonic Sys 2 Non-Inverter only lasted 6yrs.

Anyone has recommendation of retailer or contractor and what piping to look out for or any other details?

Thanks and best regards.

Panasonic almost the same from previous design and added some extra feature like econavi else..

If you want enjoy the comfort air with more quiet operates should go with Starmex inverter.

RobinTYS85

Reaction score
Recommendation for System 4 Inverter Air-cons and vendor

Hi Guys,

Sorry to trouble you.
I just got my BTO apartment and is sourcing for Air-con.
I have done some research online and have decided to get an inverted air-con, system 4 for my home.
But there are so many options out there and i'm very lost.

I'm looking into some vendors but the quotes are about 3.9-4.4k.
Can anyone recommend any brands or vendors which i can get better offers or good after-service?
thanks!

regards

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry to trouble you.
I just got my BTO apartment and is sourcing for Air-con.
I have done some research online and have decided to get an inverted air-con, system 4 for my home.
But there are so many options out there and i'm very lost.

I'm looking into some vendors but the quotes are about 3.9-4.4k.
Can anyone recommend any brands or vendors which i can get better offers or good after-service?
thanks!

regards

Pana, ME, MHI, Daikin also the best

thelesis

Reaction score
I recently bought Panasonic system 4 from Gain City last month. Was given $200 NTUC voucher/$240 Gain city voucher and one panasonic microwave oven.

Overall usage: Very cool. with just 26 degree, it already feels so cold that i have to wear T-shirt at home (usually i dun). With nanoe & Econavi Airpurifying feature, i also feels that i dun have sinus problem while using my old LG one.

RobinTYS85

Reaction score
Guys, thanks alot for the info.
i was also referred to Gain City.
Just that lost with which brand to go to.
i was thinking of LG or Daikin but it seems like the price is slightly higher than others.

fireflyy

Reaction score
I recently bought Panasonic system 4 from Gain City last month. Was given $200 NTUC voucher/$240 Gain city voucher and one panasonic microwave oven.

Overall usage: Very cool. with just 26 degree, it already feels so cold that i have to wear T-shirt at home (usually i dun). With nanoe & Econavi Airpurifying feature, i also feels that i dun have sinus problem while using my old LG one.

I bought Panasonic system 3. Free Eikou Air Purifier.

sirbrian

Reaction score
To sirbrian,

How much is ur quote for the system 2?

$2350 for ME Inverter System 2 (MXY-2E20, 2 x MSY-GE10VA)
$3150 for ME Inverter System 3 (MXY-3A28, 2 x MSY-GE10VA, 1 x MSY-GE13VA)

Wanted to go for Gain City or even Coolserve, just for the NTUC vouchers and freebies but decided to stick to Aron and Ah Boon and they are really really professional and very prompt in replying sms and email.

Last edited:

Gaoz7

Reaction score
Like my friend he told me for 4A28VA can support for LR + 2 Bedroom or 3 Bedroom only.
Can turns all, but the cooling not as cold than when turns 3BR.. But when during in raining day or night time still able to turns on all... Can always hear the compressor & fan kick in high jet speed at outdoor.

I am unsure that 4A38VA can set to 11.5Amp or not... That is not part of my answer.. Cause I was still no chance to touch on 4A38VA yet.. But my friend told can turns on all for LR + 3BR at same time..

Thanks for the advice.

Gaoz7

Reaction score
To Gaoz7,

U can consider get a system 1 for master room.
System 3 for the 2 bedrooms & living.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Given I'm not a heavy user. I think I should be gg for system4 at a lower upfront cost than to have two systems.

Gaoz7

Reaction score
Can share how much you were quoted for the 4A38VA? Thinking of the same set up.

Haven't checked ard yet. I reckon should be around $3,800 right?
But if not much more ex, will let my contractor's supplier do so everything handled by contractor and support the smaller biz.

Supportivemum

Reaction score
I need some help regarding choosing of Aircon. My existing Daikin inverted sys 2 die on me few months ago. I only use 1 Aircon for sleeping at night & the other 1 hardly use at all. They are about 10 years old.
My contractor suggested MK71 initially as he said tt if my master bedroom Aircon die (it is on a single compressor w 18k blower) I can link it to Mk71 to join my the other two rooms. He quoted me $2500 for compressor n two 9k blowers. I find the price for MK71 is a little too steep so I ask for cheaper alternative so he suggested MA56 which is non inverter and quoted $1800 for compressors n two 9k blowers. Price quoted doesn't incl change of pipe.
I stay in a condo most of the existing piping is not conceal except for about 2m hidden under fault ceiling so he advice me not to change existing piping if not hv to cut part of my fault ceiling. 😥
I saw Panasonic inverter sys 2 on offer & ask my contractor. He quoted me $1850 & told me tt there is $200 free Ntuc vouchers too.
Pls need some advises
1. Should I change my existing piping? If I m to change, contractor suggest to run a new trunking which is really ugly. He is afraid if I do new piping in the existing trunking, it wl affect other piping or damage part of the trunking. is this true? I know of neighbors who change new piping using existing trunking 2 years ago & no problem.
2. If not changing existing piping should I go for Daikin MA56 or Panasonic Sys 2? If I go for Panasonic, I wl not be able to link my master bedroom to it should my existing one die
3. Is it worth to pay more for inverter system (MK71 vs MA56)?as I only use abt 8 hrs for 9 mths a year?
Appreciate your kind advise. Thanks in advance.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I need some help regarding choosing of Aircon. My existing Daikin inverted sys 2 die on me few months ago. I only use 1 Aircon for sleeping at night & the other 1 hardly use at all. They are about 10 years old.
My contractor suggested MK71 initially as he said tt if my master bedroom Aircon die (it is on a single compressor w 18k blower) I can link it to Mk71 to join my the other two rooms. He quoted me $2500 for compressor n two 9k blowers. I find the price for MK71 is a little too steep so I ask for cheaper alternative so he suggested MA56 which is non inverter and quoted $1800 for compressors n two 9k blowers. Price quoted doesn't incl change of pipe.
I stay in a condo most of the existing piping is not conceal except for about 2m hidden under fault ceiling so he advice me not to change existing piping if not hv to cut part of my fault ceiling. 😥
I saw Panasonic inverter sys 2 on offer & ask my contractor. He quoted me $1850 & told me tt there is $200 free Ntuc vouchers too.
Pls need some advises
1. Should I change my existing piping? If I m to change, contractor suggest to run a new trunking which is really ugly. He is afraid if I do new piping in the existing trunking, it wl affect other piping or damage part of the trunking. is this true? I know of neighbors who change new piping using existing trunking 2 years ago & no problem.
2. If not changing existing piping should I go for Daikin MA56 or Panasonic Sys 2? If I go for Panasonic, I wl not be able to link my master bedroom to it should my existing one die
3. Is it worth to pay more for inverter system (MK71 vs MA56)?as I only use abt 8 hrs for 9 mths a year?
Appreciate your kind advise. Thanks in advance.

In this case, but for non-inverter was not longer sales in sg markets already..

You can decide the panasonic system 2 inverter unit, much cheaper.

Runs new pipeline to be save place, like gas leak or warranty claim an issue.

Cause inverter vs non-inverter the amount of monthly bill really has a big gap.

terumo

Reaction score
To supportivemum,
You can consider 3mks50esg.
A system 3 outdoor with 18k btu capacity.

Best is to replace the piping (to be safe & for full warranty including workmanship)

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I looking for a system 3 that is long lasting. My current System 3 Mitsubishi Heavy Industry died on me and the current Mitsubishi Electric aka StarMex have condensation issues after 4~5yrs.. anything to recommend? I planning to replace the piping and everything.

My aircon guys wanna do system test again and it will take months to resolve as suspect leak on the piping. I just dont trust them and want the nightmare to end!:(

Btw Best Tech service SUCKS! The piping skill is rubbish... This is not the 1st time. :(

I thinking of Daikin but dunno the service is good with fair price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.