Noble Group *Official* (SGX: CGP)

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score
if buy noble cos related to oil...i think you're wacky. so many other counters with better prospects and co-relation with oil. if you somehow see other potential, then fine lor.

personally i dont think Noble is going to be good.

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score
the following are kope-ed from other forums:

[LONDON] The head of grain and oilseeds for Noble Group Ltd' s agribusiness has left the commodity trade house, two sources familiar with the matter said on Friday, as the unit' s integration with China' s COFCO picks up.

Switzerland-based Paul Marland had run Noble' s grain and oilseeds operations since 2012.

A spokesman for Noble Group said the company did not comment on personnel or business matters.

Marland declined to comment when contacted by Reuters

Edited
Noble Group Prediction (named The Missing Puzzle)
23 Apr- closed @ $0.86, a Prediction regarding The Missing Puzzle is borned.
As there is much distrust in market towards Noble handling of Financial Statement & Incomplete Statement Issue, I boldy predict Noble isexpected to drop lower within 3 Days.
24 Apr- closed @ $0.84 (Prediction Fulfilled)
I predict that there will be further downside to $0.825/ Lower within 4 Days.

View Officially Ended & Prediction borned, Previous View (16 Apr to 23 Apr)
Noble Group (View)
16 Apr (Thursday):
16 Apr Noble Group Closing @ $0.875- It is likely that Noble Group will drop to $0.86 in near term.

As the market confidence runs low,& only few of shareholders of Noble Group individual has some vested interests of 5%.
There is a lack of certain issues not explained by Noble Group to IceBerg & Muddy Water queries. Therefore, investors are to remain cautious about Noble Group Stock.
Though there is increased of Shareholder interest, but totaling of around 5% are not enough to support the market confidence level, & it is also a vested interest (self interest, in which to support his previous around 4% interest). Overall, there needs to be further investigate on the Accounts of queries of Noble Group as it is still too cloudy of the facts / not facts surrounding Noble Group.

Is Noble Group really worth to invest? I think the answer can be found after further review. More Views will be updated after further review.

17 Apr (AGM) + 18 Apr (Saturday- The Question is: Where do My Money (US$311 Million) goes to?):
The Question is: Where do My Money (US$311 Million) goes to?
Financial Accounting Needs Review by 10 Reowned Auditors as (Type of Methodlogy not explained how US$10 million becomes valued at US$322million?)
If in Financial Accounting [13% Stake in Yancoal worth only US$10 million- being valued at US$322 million]- After deducting (- US$311 Million), what is the real value of Noble Group? Is it Losses being covered up/ where do the US$311 Million goes to?

Details of AGM on 17 Apr Friday:
Noble Group had not answered in details on why Stake in Yancoal worth only US$10 million- being valued at US$322 million.
So, where do the US$311 million goes to? (Excess Evaluation of Stake in Yancoal)
Likewise, when another shareholder, Richard Lau, 66, queried Noble' s management on its methodologies of valuing its stake in Australian coal company Yancoal - a key feature in Iceberg' s allegations - Mr Elman once again avoided the question.

In its reports, Iceberg had queried why Noble was valuing its 13 per cent stake in Yancoal at US$322 million, when the stake was worth only US$10 million. At Friday' s AGM, Noble' s CEO Yusuf Alireza said the group uses a very specific third-party cashflow model used by many mining companies to value its assets, which is all audited by Ernst & Young.

20 Apr
The 2nd Question is: If 13% Stake in Yancoal in Financial Accounting can be marked up 32.2 Times (Based on 13% stake in Yancoal valued @ USD10 Million being accounted as USD322 Million], then if all inventory & assets used the same accounting metholody. Then All Inventory, Assets, Profits may be accounted the same way (32.2 Times more).

22 Apr
I) Noble Group barred from Platts' oil pricing process:
Contacted by Reuters, Noble would not comment on its specific involvement in Platts' pricing process.
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/bu...d-platts-oil-pricing-process-sources-20150422

The 3rd Question is: Why is there a sudden change of reaction from 17 Apr AGM? (What is behind the Incomplete/ Confidential Information?)
Meeting with Noble Group Representatives on 21 April 2015 by SIAS
Date: 22 April 2015
Chairman answered all the questions posed by shareholders and did not dodge any.
The Chairman even gave one shareholder his personal email when he complained that the email sent to the company earlier was not replied to. He invited all shareholders to write to his personal email if they did not get a reply from the company.

Assumption Made:
1) There was some Confidential/ Incomplete Information not revealed/ missed out to shareholders question previously
2) As even employees of Noble do not even know what is happening in Noble Accounts- Chairman knows.
3) Chairman feels that it is better for him to answer shareholders question as employees of Noble don' t know/ may speak to bluntly to be used as evidence by any unidentified party.
4) Chairman feels it is better for all questions to be directed at 1 contact point, instead of multiple contact points so he can arrange and present the information without dispute to the Public Knowledge.

The 4th Question is: Capital of Noble Group (More View to be added later)
Assumption Made:
Is resistant at Last Few Mins of Trading Hours using own funds just to withstand & booast confidence in Market?

Reaction score
:s11:

latest news mention they want to revamp their management , more transparancy etc....

I also don't know this counter can buy now or not as ...

as I also quite interested on it .

RedSlayer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are scared that of oil price and funny reports affecting its price, its better to leave noble alone. No confidence please dont buy.

However, if you are aware of they function, what they deal with, strength of their balance sheet and cashflow statements whatnot, know that 52 week low doesnt mean cant reach new low.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
:s11:

latest news mention they want to revamp their management , more transparancy etc....

I also don't know this counter can buy now or not as ...

as I also quite interested on it .

Talk is cheap. Wait for them to show some real results of improvement 1st.

Pretty obvious some people behind the scenes want to bring this company down. I dont think they will end it here.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Is it still a good time to short ? Or perhaps, wait for another round of MuddyWater or Iceberg 1st ?

DeElement

Reaction score
contradicting bah. like all the senior here said , oil price bounce up , nothing to do with noble. on the other hand , noble heading for all time low this year going through their profile and all the statistic blah blah blah. can step in for the bounce now since the counter is pretty low now but then again....to be frank , not even sure if it's gonna bounce up and for what reason. correct me if i'm wrong yo :D

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
base on the negative research reports on noble so far... it can be viewed that they are as black a box as enron

http://www.amazon.com/The-Smartest-Guys-Room-Scandalous/dp/1591840538

I previously read this book before... can find many similiars with what noble is doing now

but the big question is... will I short it?

the answer is no

why?

1) wait short.. then kanna suspend... I would be lost
2) shorting for singapore market.. too high cost

conclusion

just avoid these kinda companies

there's easier money to be made else where

felix.. for your point 1, if noble is suspended, delisted, or declared bankrupt and you were shorting it...

you should do a happy dance naked in the rain because you can keep all the profits from your short and there is no need to return any shares...

to short sell, you borrow and sell shares you do not own. you dont have to pay anything back if the coy goes bust

for shortists, if a company goes bankrupt, it is the absolute best case scenario.

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm.... seriously you ever shorted before?

its very risky actually....if you short noble big big then

it suddenly gets suspended... maybe due to fraud... you can't cover back your position immediately

say it takes 2 years for CAD/CID investigate and resuming of trade... you would have been paying interest all the way while waiting....if it goes into liquidation.. its even more complex.. need go to court process.. takes a few years

even professional shortist like muddy water... they don't short till the company goes bankrupt

they do a short position first, then initiate a bearish research.. it drops 10% or so next day.. they take profit liao.. very short term one

the cost of the interest would rarely, if ever, come even close to your profit if you know what you are doing, unless legal proceedings take decades.

of course, this is notwithstanding the cases whereby a person shorts, for example, a 0.001c company that goes bust the next day.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.