Perth (Lots of advice & help needed please!)

dreadwingsg

Reaction score
Hi guys, will be heading to perth during the last week of May in a couple of mth time... i know its like coming to winter there during that period but quite curious to know exactly what will the weather be like there?

Will it be around 15-16 degrees during the day, then drop to 10 degrees at night? I don't exactly need thick winter clothings right?

klavier

Reaction score
Hi guys, will be heading to perth during the last week of May in a couple of mth time... i know its like coming to winter there during that period but quite curious to know exactly what will the weather be like there?

Will it be around 15-16 degrees during the day, then drop to 10 degrees at night? I don't exactly need thick winter clothings right?

U are about right.. No need for thick winter clothings but if you are heading to the coast, the wind is strong so a slightly thicker windbreaker will be ideal.

Honestly I have not been to Perth in end May but have been in late June, late August and early Sept... I can withstand the cold with a normal jacket but once the wind starts blowing, thats when u will really 'feel it'.

yeoster

Reaction score
I'm also planning a trip to Perth this Jun for a week. Since there's a precious weekend, I'm wondering where I should spend it at. Is Fremantle or Margaret River better for spending the weekend? For example, for the festivals or farmers' market, etc?

nikkilime

Reaction score
Itinerary to share?

Hi, we will be travelling in early June with kids aged 3 & 7. Any Itinerary to share for 8 days trip?

KellyJJ

Reaction score
Hi, we will be travelling in early June with kids aged 3 & 7. Any Itinerary to share for 8 days trip?
Hi, I went to Perth last June with my 2 kids as well (4 and 2 years old). Lots of fun!

I shared my full itinerary,travel tips etc in my humble blog but wasnt able to post it here though :( Apparently insufficient post count

Anyway the few places you could check out- Caversham Wildlife Park, King's Park, Rockingham Wildlife Encounter

Hope that helps with your planning. Enjoy it!

By the way, if you are into italian and tiramisu, check out Ciao Italia!!! Best tiramisu ever!

nikkilime

Reaction score
Hi, I went to Perth last June with my 2 kids as well (4 and 2 years old). Lots of fun!

I shared my full itinerary,travel tips etc in my humble blog but wasnt able to post it here though :( Apparently insufficient post count

Anyway the few places you could check out- Caversham Wildlife Park, King's Park, Rockingham Wildlife Encounter

By the way, if you are into italian and tiramisu, check out Ciao Italia!!! Best tiramisu ever!
Hi Kelly, can you pm me your itinerary and tips to share? Also advice on car seat restrictions, milk powder etc.. Many thanks!

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I found Ciao Italian overrated. You can get better Italian food in Singapore. One place I would recommend is Viet Hoa.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stayed at perth ambassador last year for 79sgd per nite for two ...
room size is 24m2 with bath tub
there is cbd free shuttle bus at that area
airport to the hotel can take airport bus 15aud one way, abt 25min ...
there r 4 airports in perth ...

my hotel location not bad.
walk 2bus stops there is a subway there ... take cbd bus to fraser suite hotel, walk 25 min can reach heirisson kangeroo side ...

also went to kings park... nice place to relax with flowers and good scenary

Last edited:

addats

Reaction score
Just come back so here is some items to share.
- The outlet is a waste of time. Not many brand that we are use to and the price is not exactly low
- Caversham Wild Life park is a must if you want to see kangaroo. They have a kangaroo garden where they run around freely and you can feed them. Feeds provided
- Rent my car at Bayswater. Take a taxi to from airport to Bayswater about 25$, 2 way about 50$. But my 8 days car rental I save 500$. Including full insurance and baby car seat. Do note that Australia car seat have different standard from American. Unless our car seat is Australia brand, just rent
- WA really got nothing much to do. Outside of Perth city, all the town are really small. If you are going with children, look for good farm stay. Let them experience the life of staying in a kampong
- The shops close really early about 5PM latest 6PM. As you may have guess, the only shops that open until 9PM are Chinese or thai resturant.
- Food is a challenge there. If you think food is expensive here, than you better bring 1 box or maggie mee.The food there is really expensive if you eat out. Best to stay a apartment and cook.
- Their baby powder choice is limited so for parent, just bring a can of milk powder that is sealed and make sure you DECLARE at custom. Mostly they will let you pass.
- You can have a mini treasure hunt. There is this tourist souvenir gold coin at some of the tourist spots. Collect them all. Each coins cost 2$ only.
- there are many caves in MR area. Only Mannonth Cave is child friendly. Let steps to climb than the rest.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can bring in Maggie mee as well, do we have to declare? What about canned food?

eh,,, from my understanding, all foods nt allowed...
went there last year, u need fill up their declaration form
if i rmb correctly, they will ask if u r carrying any edible food stuff in or not

my friend who studied in perth told me even maggi mee also cannot bring
later u no declare, they caught u , then omg lol ...

nikkilime

Reaction score
Also need to check for application of ETA, we saw a few websites such as easyeta but not sure if it's reliable or any other recommended websites?

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just come back so here is some items to share.
- WA really got nothing much to do. Outside of Perth city, all the town are really small. If you are going with children, look for good farm stay. Let them experience the life of staying in a kampong

That's not really true. It depends on what you are looking for and where you go. I had a great time at Albany looking at the windmills and eating steak. I also had a great time at Manjimup doing the truffle hunt and eating truffles after that. Donnybrook has apple picking and Bunker Bay has the beach, the serenity and the beachside cafe. Margaret river has the wineries, the chocolate factory, cheese factory etc.

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Also need to check for application of ETA, we saw a few websites such as easyeta but not sure if it's reliable or any other recommended websites?

One of the forumers here is offering the service. You can approach her.

klavier

Reaction score
dede1217, but if we declare can bring in Australia?

Best not to bring. It would be rather unpleasant if customs ask about it. No Chinese medicine etc too. You can always buy instant noodles at their supermarkets if required.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.