Reaction score
Note the date!
12th May, 12PM!
bf05cba5-608c-405c-b498-88cd90bacb64-910444185.png

Sent from my Mi device using GAGT

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i say zenfone 2 is still a better choice?

Give and take.

give away dual 4g sim get external memory.

backlight key have or dont have actually not much difference.

resolution wise actually not much difference right?

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
can i say zenfone 2 is still a better choice?

Give and take.

give away dual 4g sim get external memory.

backlight key have or dont have actually not much difference.

resolution wise actually not much difference right?
Depends on your preference. Used redmi & redmi 1s previously, cannot tahan no backlight, so zenfone series is out for me

Mi 4i's camera performance also an unknown factor. Could be better or worse than zenfone 2 camera

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mi 4i is not budget. Only Redmi line is consider budget. mi 4i is mid-range flagship.
The specs, the hardware all say it's budget. Just because the marketing speak says otherwise doesn't mean jacksh*t. It's a budget/midrange phone that's marketed as a flagship to make India feel better.

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on your preference. Used redmi & redmi 1s previously, cannot tahan no backlight, so zenfone series is out for me

Mi 4i's camera performance also an unknown factor. Could be better or worse than zenfone 2 camera

i have never used a phone without backlight before.
What are the constrains?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The camera on Mi 4i is the same as the Mi Note, so the performance should be comparable to the Mi Note. :)

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
The camera on Mi 4i is the same as the Mi Note, so the performance should be comparable to the Mi Note. :)

mi note camera has ois, mi 4i camera no ois

also mi 4i camera strangely labelled as a "samsung/sony camera"

still trying to find what this means; no model name revealed at the moment...

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have never used a phone without backlight before.
What are the constrains?
It's not the phone without backlight, it's the buttons.

So you either remember the locations and functions of the buttons, or you're gonna have trouble.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mi note camera has ois, mi 4i camera no ois

also mi 4i camera strangely labelled as a "samsung/sony camera"

still trying to find what this means; no model name revealed at the moment...

Maybe when there's no stock for the Sony camera, then they switch to Samsung camera? haha

bumdssa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's not the phone without backlight, it's the buttons.

So you either remember the locations and functions of the buttons, or you're gonna have trouble.

i know it is the capacitive backlight for buttons :s13::s13:
this might be a problem for the start. used to samung's button placement.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i know it is the capacitive backlight for buttons :s13::s13:
this might be a problem for the start. used to samung's button placement.
Yeah. For those used to Nexus layout then it's just fine - Samsung's the one who's damn stubborn about having their back button on the right. :D

But no biggie - nothing anyone won't get used after a few days.

Mr. Bushido

Reaction score
The specs, the hardware all say it's budget. Just because the marketing speak says otherwise doesn't mean jacksh*t. It's a budget/midrange phone that's marketed as a flagship to make India feel better.

Well said. In today's landscape, no manufacturer would release a "flagship" with only 16gb storage option, and without expansion option.

Either they have a larger capacity model -32gb, 64gb or even 128gb or they add a microsd card slot. This phone is crippled because of the paltry amount of storage.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well said. In today's landscape, no manufacturer would release a "flagship" with only 16gb storage option, and without expansion option.

Either they have a larger capacity model -32gb, 64gb or even 128gb or they add a microsd card slot. This phone is crippled because of the paltry amount of storage.
Not just the storage capacity (which to be honest, is pathetic. 16gb minus MIUI will give you slightly more than 10gb to play with, if you're lucky).

Snapdragon 615? Sure, flagship if the 808 or the hated 810 doesn't exist.
1080p screen? Eh, Nexus 5 over a year old had that screen.
Camera and battery is similar to Oneplus' and we know how much that one is.

There's simply nothing in it that's "flagship" at this point in time. Don't buy into the hype.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hmm, fruit phone is still producing 16GB flagship ..:)

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm, fruit phone is still producing 16GB flagship ..:)
That's why he said they must offer alternative capacities - at launch, not many moons down the road when economies of scale allow them to offer different varieties at the same pricing.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.