AhPORK

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Zabiyaki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First year students definitely cannot get single room

Alot of my first year friends are in single rooms

On hindsight I should have applied for single also.. Because I thought cannot get.. End up apply double

relance

Reaction score
During my time... Which was not too long ago... There wasn't enough halls to go around. Maybe the policy has changed

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Definitely got chance to get.

But not guaranteed can get.

There are tons of freshmen in hall 17/18 with single rooms.

escapelife

Reaction score
Hi fellow NTU Seniors!
Can one actually choose to stay with a friend ? From what I read, you can only choose if your sibling happens to be a senior.
Plus how much does it cost to stay in hall?

FappingKing

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Pls spoon feed me the answer. I see the pricing I bo understand leh

Lai let the nicest NTU senior fappyong korkor tell you.

If you want to stay with your friend, both must be freshmen. Then when you apply for hall, both of you must choose the same room type. Meaning either double with air con or double without air con. Then there would be a place to enter the details of your desired room mate at the application. You must enter the full name and matric number of your intended room mate, while he enter yours.

Note that if any detail wrong or one of you chose different room type you will end up getting others.

Also for pricing is different for every hall.

I stay hall 6 double no air con.
It's 255/mth, so double no air con pricing is around there.

escapelife

Reaction score

If you want to stay with your friend, both must be freshmen. Then when you apply for hall, both of you must choose the same room type. Meaning either double with air con or double without air con. Then there would be a place to enter the details of your desired room mate at the application. You must enter the full name and matric number of your intended room mate, while he enter yours.

Note that if any detail wrong or one of you chose different room type you will end up getting others.

KNS 255/mth? Tht is blardy expensive! Hw pple pay wan (except scholarship/school provide)
You got piak piak before w/ chao bor in hall b4 mah?
Tank chiu!

IWantFriends

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A point to note is that the NUS halls require residents to subscribe to their meal plans.
NTU's halls do not provide meals, although there is (almost) always a canteen within 5 mins walking distance from every hall.

tryingtohelp

Reaction score

Woah didn't know you hall 6 1!!! Haha! Awesome hall

starkyy1

Reaction score
Hey, are we allowed to have bright hair colours in NTU? I'm moving into hall and I hope I don't get in trouble for something like some badass hairstyle/hair colour. (LOL)

tryingtohelp

Reaction score
Hey, are we allowed to have bright hair colours in NTU? I'm moving into hall and I hope I don't get in trouble for something like some badass hairstyle/hair colour. (LOL)

Come on this is uni. Who give a darm about hair colour man.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.