The LEGO thread [STRICTLY NO SALES!] - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_star

Reaction score
very tempting... almost click to pay for it but decided not too.... it's a good deal thou
tough decision to make hahahaha

KamenDon

Reaction score
Lobang Lobang!

Mums.sg currently have the 60050 Train Station and 60051 High Speed Train on sale.

If you get 2x 60051 at $185x2=$370, you can enter promo code GSS20 and get 20% off, thus final price is at $296 with free shipping, i.e. less then $150 per set.

Good lobang indeed. Too bad I am not a train lover.

lib_rian

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah seh.. their so call rrp for 60051 is $100 more than the real rrp.. no wonder state 42% off..anyone wanna share?

haloedwin

Reaction score
Lobang Lobang!

Mums.sg currently have the 60050 Train Station and 60051 High Speed Train on sale.

If you get 2x 60051 at $185x2=$370, you can enter promo code GSS20 and get 20% off, thus final price is at $296 with free shipping, i.e. less then $150 per set.

think is about 32% discount compare to local RRP.

also cheaper than amazon but mainly for builder cos box may not arrive in good condition.

lib_rian

Master Member
Reaction score
Carousell is abt $164 for it... even if buy 1 box at mums.SG, also about same price as carousell

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can also get 1 train set plus 2 train stations, total about 33% or 1/3 off.

My experience is box condition all good so far :)

KamenDon

Reaction score
Can also get 1 train set plus 2 train stations, total about 33% or 1/3 off.

My experience is box condition all good so far :)

I just did some research on this train set. People are saying this train drains up the battery pretty fast. And required 9 AAA Batteries to run the system. Heard also rechargeable battery can't be used. Best option is to get another rechargeable from lego. If traveling at middle speed, train will be off track when turning, but can be easily solved by removing and replacing some lego parts.
All these reviews were extracted from Amazon and YouTube.

Might be all these issues that produced bad sales thus the discount is so attractive?

Anyone here has an existing 60051 set that can share his/her experience here?

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just did some research on this train set. People are saying this train drains up the battery pretty fast. And required 9 AAA Batteries to run the system. Heard also rechargeable battery can't be used. Best option is to get another rechargeable from lego. If traveling at middle speed, train will be off track when turning, but can be easily solved by removing and replacing some lego parts.

Might be all these issues that produced bad sales thus the discount is so attractive?

All the recent PF train sets use the same battery box so it's not a set specific problem. My 3677 Red Cargo Train indeed drain out quite fast, though I didn't try with rechargeable AAA.

kimseng83

Reaction score

All the recent PF train sets use the same battery box so it's not a set specific problem. My 3677 Red Cargo Train indeed drain out quite fast, though I didn't try with rechargeable AAA.

that's y the old school 9V is good!! i still love those..have not even gotten those new train sets that come out with remote controls...plus..the tracks are metal...more realistic..

blacklotus

Banned
Reaction score
that's y the old school 9V is good!! i still love those..have not even gotten those new train sets that come out with remote controls...plus..the tracks are metal...more realistic..

i otoh am glad lego moved away from using metal in most of their parts. metal tend to tarnish or corrode, especially with wear n tear like those used in car wheels.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i otoh am glad lego moved away from using metal in most of their parts. metal tend to tarnish or corrode, especially with wear n tear like those used in car wheels.

My old 1970's-80's sets, all the shafts of the wheels are stainless steel, which have since rusted ... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.