[Consolidated] Apple Music Discussions

luggagepls

Reaction score
"Hey Siri, set a high priority reminder for me to update to iOS 8.4 tonight at 11pm"

It's tonight guys! :) Anyone getting the family plan?

Edit: For users in the US, they seem to get the "Beats 1" landing page on Radio in the music app (for those on beta) but I don't see it. Could this mean Singapore isn't in the first wave?

Edit2: Apple's Music landing page no longer has "Radio" as one of the navbar options (http://apple.com/sg/music/radio vs http://apple.com/uk/music/radio)

Last edited:

falseflush

Reaction score
I believe have just that unlike usa, we can only listen to beat 1 unless we subscribe while usa side is given free.

No leh if you take a look at the Apple Music membership page for SG and US, you can see the difference in the features:

SG (you can see Beats 1 is missing):
n5ohz8.png

US:
rwpixy.png

There was also an ST article that mentioned Beats 1 would not be available in Singapore.

I hope I'm wrong though.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No leh if you take a look at the Apple Music membership page for SG and US, you can see the difference in the features:

n5ohz8.png

US:
rwpixy.png

There was also an ST article that mentioned Beats 1 would not be available in Singapore.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I believe Beats 1 radio is only available to US for now. SG will only get the streaming service catalogue.

runforyourlife

Reaction score
check with u all, this streaming right...

i'm assuming the "hardcopy" files of those stream mp3, cannot be transferred say to a sony mp3 player for example?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check with u all, this streaming right...

i'm assuming the "hardcopy" files of those stream mp3, cannot be transferred say to a sony mp3 player for example?

Technically the music cannot be transferred out. But with jailbreak you never know.

chris888222

Reaction score

n5ohz8.png

US:
rwpixy.png

I hope I'm wrong though.

So much for "streaming in over 100 countries".

I can live without it, but it's just a bit sad that we're left out.

vanguy79

Reaction score
Beats 1 Missing in Singapore's launch of Apple Music is sad

I hope I'm wrong though.

Uh that is not good. Zane Lowe is amazing in BBC Radio 1 and to miss the DJ in Beats 1 because we are in Singapore is disappointing. Chalk that up again to the damn censorship board because it is most likely them who stopped us from getting the full experience of any media channels in the world.

falseflush

Reaction score
Uh that is not good. Zane Lowe is amazing in BBC Radio 1 and to miss the DJ in Beats 1 because we are in Singapore is disappointing. Chalk that up again to the damn censorship board because it is most likely them who stopped us from getting the full experience of any media channels in the world.

I'm disappointed too. And I agree that Apple is probably running into hurdles getting approval from the relevant authorities here.

luggagepls

Reaction score
Apple Music is up and running in the US! If you're using an iOS beta device, you will have to log out and log in to your US iTunes Store account in order to get a sneak peek.

When a song plays on any iTunes Radio channel, you get to see the price of purchasing the track alone via the iTunes Store.

falseflush

Reaction score
Actually does Apple release iOS updates here in tandem with the US? Is there any chance it won't be at 11 PM (8 AM PST)?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.