H&F Program Compilation

legolaslee

Reaction score
I see. Cos I thought have to follow strictly. Means squat need to use Olympic bar alr.

Sure, why not? The static lifts used in SL5x5 don't technically require an Oly bar with spinning ends. It would however be hard to say, squat with a non-Oly bar as the rack doesn't usually fit one properly.

zacharyandrew

Reaction score
Hi all. I realised that the last post in this thread was last October but I have a question on SL5x5

I started the program 4 weeks ago and now having a slight problem. The gym I go to does not have 1.25kg plates so I have usually been adding 2.5kg on each side of the barbell. Don't have a problem with all the lifts except for the overhead press. Stalled twice but the last time I went to the gym managed to complete the OHP.

My question is, since I don't have access to 1.25kg plates, should I continue adding 2.5kg to each side for every OHP day or should I, say do the same weight for two days of OHP and then add on the third time that I'm supposed to do the OHPs?

I hope I'm making sense

Thanks in advance

derrickgyn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You need to be able to add in small increments. Your method of doing the same weight for 2 sessions then increasing 2.5/side is based on the assumption that the weight you use is able to get you to overcompensate and adapt so consistently such that an additional 5kg load can be overcome. It does not work that way.

I would suggest you try increasing the weight as much as you possibly can, and maybe do the OHP as a push press instead, since you can use more weight, and it allows you to progress faster (at the expense of super strict form). Once your push press has gone up for quite a bit, you can go back to your strict OHP.

galapogos

Reaction score
Option 1: Make your own microweights with chains and a carabiner.
Option 2: Stick with the same weight but make things harder, e.g. more reps, shorter rest intervals.

desmond8168

Reaction score
Free trial for mega gym at Raffles Place in Singapore.

Anyone want to have a free trial at Raffles place or at Suntec, pls let me know, text me at 90125028, Desmond.

sazuro

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol what is this, advertising for your globo gym? pls go.

on a more serious/relevant note, anyone with programs you want me to add into the list? do link me here. If it's useful and *DIFFERENT* than what we already have, I'll add it in.

yuber5

Reaction score
FREE TRIAL CLASS : PILOXING® SSP

https://i.imgur.com/kZUicqj.jpg

Hi All,

I'm sharing a trial class of PILOXING workout. If you are interested, feel free to join the trial session as per brochure attached.

When you are wondering about what is exactly a PILOXING class? Here is a brief explanation.

PILOXING® SSP is a high intensity interval workout that blends the principles of Pilates, Boxing and Dance, empowering people both physically and mentally.

Thank you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.